MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

The monkey is finally off our backs. Now, just need to hope that the extra inning momentum lasts into tomorrow.

uh... for the team that has the Rally Monkey, is the monkey ever off your backs? :huh:

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who else is out there? The Mets need a closer, I cant take another year of Aaron Heilman and the Fahrenheit 451 squad.

Tom "Flash" Gordon will be available, and I'm sure Jose Mesa is looking for work.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought this thread was about the playoffs, not the Mets' offseason.

Please, we get it, the Mets suck, No one needs to relay that information to me.

I was hoping the Brewers would win, because they are one of my favorite teams, although it's weird being a Reds fan and all. I even wore my Brewers shirt and everything. I'd say getting CC wasn't worth since they didn't win the world series, and he's most likely leaving.

Here's for a Rays-Dodgers World Series.

5-0 Phils now. Looks like a Dodgers-Phillies NLCS.

Dear Milwaukee Brewers,

Please bar Jeff Suppan from pitching in any more baseball games. It is in your best interest to keep him for the purpose of throwing batting practice because that's all he can do. He throws batting practice pitches during games. Every time he takes the mound it's "Tater Night in Milwaukee." I mean they should really prorate the ticket prices for games he pitches in because they're over by the third inning.

Sincerely,

A lot of Brewers fans

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The monkey is finally off our backs. Now, just need to hope that the extra inning momentum lasts into tomorrow.

uh... for the team that has the Rally Monkey, is the monkey ever off your backs? :huh:

Let me rephrase that.

The rally monkey continues to urge the team on. The 800 pound gorilla in the Varitek jersey, on the other hand, is off of our backs.

VmWIn6B.png

Look out Boston... HERE WE COME!

I honestly believe that this game will bring the Angels back to their 100 win form. This game could have easily been 4-1 or 8-1. Had Kendrick not stopped running (or for God's sake HIT THE BASEBALL) this game would've been much easier to handle for the Halos. The Angels have had plenty of opportunities they just need one or two clutch hits ( btw thank you Napoli for giving me hope that we get past 1st base <_< ) and they could bust the game and the series wide open.

And K-Rod is the luckiest Son of a :censored: ever. Tank, you want cardiac K-Rod? go for it! You thought your bullpen blew games last year? Just wait until K-Rod's luck finally runs out or he blows out an arm, knee, ankle.

"Will Jose Arredondo report to the closer role, please? Jose Arredondo. Thank you!"

Angels have to come out swinging again against Lester today. Lackey wasnt so shabby in his last outing in Fenway ;) (you know, 2 outs away from a no-hitter... that was ok). I believe all the pressure is on Boston. If the Halos can take this (and in good fashion i.e. without putting K-Rod out there) then it's back to Anaheim riding the wave. If the Angels can take these next two, Tampa should watch out (yes I'm giving Tampa the ALDS) because they will be confident, hitting, pitching, the whole shazam. Just keep on riding the Rally Monkey

LET'S GO ANGELS!!!!

BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF THE RALLY MONKEY!!!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Look out Boston... HERE WE COME!

I honestly believe that this game will bring the Angels back to their 100 win form. This game could have easily been 4-1 or 8-1. Had Kendrick not stopped running (or for God's sake HIT THE BASEBALL) this game would've been much easier to handle for the Halos. The Angels have had plenty of opportunities they just need one or two clutch hits ( btw thank you Napoli for giving me hope that we get past 1st base <_< ) and they could bust the game and the series wide open.

And K-Rod is the luckiest Son of a :censored: ever. Tank, you want cardiac K-Rod? go for it! You thought your bullpen blew games last year? Just wait until K-Rod's luck finally runs out or he blows out an arm, knee, ankle.

"Will Jose Arredondo report to the closer role, please? Jose Arredondo. Thank you!"

Angels have to come out swinging again against Lester today. Lackey wasnt so shabby in his last outing in Fenway ;) (you know, 2 outs away from a no-hitter... that was ok). I believe all the pressure is on Boston. If the Halos can take this (and in good fashion i.e. without putting K-Rod out there) then it's back to Anaheim riding the wave. If the Angels can take these next two, Tampa should watch out (yes I'm giving Tampa the ALDS) because they will be confident, hitting, pitching, the whole shazam. Just keep on riding the Rally Monkey

LET'S GO ANGELS!!!!

BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF THE RALLY MONKEY!!!

Yeah, but Lackey's been terrible in every other start at Fenway. ^_^

I never understood the "all the pressure is on Boston" mentality... no, it's not. If Boston loses, they go back to Anaheim, where they've won twice already in this series. If Anaheim loses... their season is over.

Though I would love to see Boston come out with the back-against-the-wall mentality they showed against Cleveland last year.

And Lester has some experience closing out series'. :D

IUe6Hvh.png

If anything, the pressure is on LAA. I mean, now they've got to prove that them beating Boston for the first time since Eurythmics was a "hot, up and coming musical act" wasn't just a fluke. Now they've got to build on it.

And besides, if they lose, they're done. Can't be more pressured than in a win-or-go-home situation.

If anything, the pressure is on LAA. I mean, now they've got to prove that them beating Boston for the first time since Eurythmics was a "hot, up and coming musical act" wasn't just a fluke. Now they've got to build on it.

And besides, if they lose, they're done. Can't be more pressured than in a win-or-go-home situation.

Trust me the Angels have stressed the one-game at a time mentality all year. And they truly have taken it to heart whether it was game 1, 25, 64, 132, 157, or Game 3 of the ALDS. They are going to come out with everything they have just like they did yesterday.

I really do see this coming back to Anaheim.

And as far as Boston already taking two here so it's not a problem, had it not been for K-Rod in Game 2, I think this could be a 2-1 Angel lead in the series. They got to Dice-K. They can do it again.

Trust me the Angels have stressed the one-game at a time mentality all year. And they truly have taken it to heart whether it was game 1, 25, 64, 132, 157, or Game 3 of the ALDS. They are going to come out with everything they have just like they did yesterday.

And as far as Boston already taking two here so it's not a problem, had it not been for K-Rod in Game 2, I think this could be a 2-1 Angel lead in the series. They got to Dice-K. They can do it again.

And if it wasn't for Javier Lopez I think your season would be over. What's your point? The difference being, of course, that K-Rod is going to be counted on in every game for the Angels... barring a 12 inning game, you won't see Lopez.

And also... the Red Sox got to Ervin Santana... they can do it again. What the Angels haven't done is gotten to Jon Lester.

IUe6Hvh.png

BJ Upton with two solo homeruns against Gavin Floyd. Sox down 2-0. We need some damn offense!!!!

They've gotten a hold of a couple balls already with nothing to show for it. Usually, lashing a ball the first time through the order results in some runs later on... the issue being, however, this game is slowly getting out of reach.

IUe6Hvh.png

And if it wasn't for Javier Lopez I think your season would be over. What's your point? The difference being, of course, that K-Rod is going to be counted on in every game for the Angels... barring a 12 inning game, you won't see Lopez.

And also... the Red Sox got to Ervin Santana... they can do it again. What the Angels haven't done is gotten to Jon Lester.

That game yesterday shouldve been 4-1 and you know it. If Howie Kendrick caught the ball instead of stopping and letting it drop two feet behind him, that wouldve been a very different game.

And truth be told, the Red Sox didn't exactly get to John Lackey either. He was up 0-2 on Bay when he made just one bad pitch, and even then it was only 2-1. The Angels had men on against Lester, they just couldnt do what they haven't really done all year which is get a big clutch hit to blow the game open. The Angels improved offensively in game 2 and looked just about true to form last night. If they continue the trend they can get to Lester today.

Assuming Lester and Lackey pitch just as well as they did in Game 1, I'm going to favor the Halos this time. Call me a homer, but I just think the Angels are back on track and can get on him.

And Ervin had one bad inning and effectively held the Red Sox in check the rest of the game while the Angels chipped away at the lead and got to Dice-K and got him out early.

All in all, this series has been played very close to the vest. There are numerous varying outcomes that could have happened so far based on one or two hits and one or two defensive plays. The Angels just need one of those to go their way today and (if so) on Wednesday and they'll be on their way. The same can be said for the Sox. That's what makes this series slightly frustrating as an Angels fan because we well know that it could've been us that were up 2-0, 2-1, or even 3-0 in the series.

Also,

GO RAYS! I just hate A.J. Pierzynski... tool

BJ Upton with two solo homeruns against Gavin Floyd. Sox down 2-0. We need some damn offense!!!!

They've gotten a hold of a couple balls already with nothing to show for it. Usually, lashing a ball the first time through the order results in some runs later on... the issue being, however, this game is slowly getting out of reach.

Sox are down 4-0, and I'm usually a pessimist, but I think the Sox are fully capable of scoring some runs to tie this thing up (in the bottom of the 4th). I just hope the relievers give us a chance to win this thing.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

That game yesterday shouldve been 4-1 and you know it. If Howie Kendrick caught the ball instead of stopping and letting it drop two feet behind him, that wouldve been a very different game.

And truth be told, the Red Sox didn't exactly get to John Lackey either. He was up 0-2 on Bay when he made just one bad pitch, and even then it was only 2-1. The Angels had men on against Lester, they just couldnt do what they haven't really done all year which is get a big clutch hit to blow the game open. The Angels improved offensively in game 2 and looked just about true to form last night. If they continue the trend they can get to Lester today.

Assuming Lester and Lackey pitch just as well as they did in Game 1, I'm going to favor the Halos this time. Call me a homer, but I just think the Angels are back on track and can get on him.

And Ervin had one bad inning and effectively held the Red Sox in check the rest of the game while the Angels chipped away at the lead and got to Dice-K and got him out early.

All in all, this series has been played very close to the vest. There are numerous varying outcomes that could have happened so far based on one or two hits and one or two defensive plays. The Angels just need one of those to go their way today and (if so) on Wednesday and they'll be on their way. The same can be said for the Sox. That's what makes this series slightly frustrating as an Angels fan because we well know that it could've been us that were up 2-0, 2-1, or even 3-0 in the series.

Also,

I think he's referring to in general, the Sox used to beat up Lackey until this year. Game 1 they were both good.

Come on. Luck has been a factor both ways in every game this series, and is a factor for 162 games this season however it is that much bigger in the playoffs. This applies to the missed pop-up too. This series could easily be anywhere from 3-0 Angels to 3-0 Red Sox without much at all changing. Every playoff game and series is horribly frustrating, but it goes both ways! It's just a lot easier to complain about it if you're losing, as I'm sure I would be if the Sox were down. :P

Also,

I think he's referring to in general, the Sox used to beat up Lackey until this year. Game 1 they were both good.

Come on. Luck has been a factor both ways in every game this series, and is a factor for 162 games this season however it is that much bigger in the playoffs. This applies to the missed pop-up too. This series could easily be anywhere from 3-0 Angels to 3-0 Red Sox without much at all changing. Every playoff game and series is horribly frustrating, but it goes both ways! It's just a lot easier to complain about it if you're losing, as I'm sure I would be if the Sox were down. :P

And I'm sure that it would be quite profane too. :P

Archived