MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

If The Cubs lose this game The Dodgers will sweep the series. You heard it here first.

As I was saying... :D

So who had The Dodgers as the LA team that would be playing for a shot at The World Series?

If you go back to the first page I said the Dodgers would beat the Rays in the World Series.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only one Cubs fan I feel bad for... Steve Bartman.

Down to their final three outs. I hope their final at-bat is at least interesting... like a bases loaded K to end it...

Knowing the Cubs, this isn't going to end in a whimper. They will find some way to come up with the most sadistically entertaining way to lose.

...Like going down on 3 straight strikes.

Curty suicide watch?

I havent seen him in awhile. I understand why not. You cant blame him.

It's shocking.

If you were to tell anybody in, let's say, mid-season that the Cubs would make the playoffs as the top team in the NL, only to get SWEPT by the Dodgers and be the first team out of the playoffs, they'd laugh in your face.

But I guess any seasoned Cubs fan probably saw this coming. Still, wow. The Dodgers probably played perfect baseball all 3 games, and the Cubs absolutely stunk it up in the 3 games.

And therein lies the problem. The Cubs would have been better off starting the series away from Wrigley. The fans' expectations of disastrous failure has a harmful effect on the Cubs' psyche.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As a Dodger fan first and foremost and an Angel fan secondly (I live 20 minutes away from the stadium and Scioscia was my favorite player), I can say that I was cautiously optimistic. Any Dodger fan that said they knew they'd beat the Cubs, has short term memory loss. They don't remember the futility of the past Dodger playoff experiences nor do they remember the up and down this team had all year before many and then the huge up when they got many followed by a huge losing streak followed by a huge winning streak. This team is as likely to be swept by the Phils as they are likely to sweep the Phils. Either one wouldn't surprise me. As far as the Cubs go, can we just ban them from the playoffs as they just won't win, let alone get to the World Series, so can we just eliminate them from playoff contention forever?

On the Angels and next season, I see Garrett Anderson gone, I could see them walking away from Vlady as he's been hurt the past couple years and just doesn't look like he's worth more than major league minimum. If they can get out of the John Garland contract, they'd be better off, as he's one of the worst pitchers I've seen in a long time. He's so slow that even icebergs are yelling, "Hurry up!" And Francisco Rodriguez, I've been saying all year to let him walk. Why? Because either next year or the year after he's going to blow out his arm. He won't be the same after this 60 save performance, look back to Thigpen. Do I blame the Angels for using him? No. It's his job to save games and they are trying to win. I just look at that delivery and in the back of my head I have this feeling that he'll blow out his arm and never pitch again. I say let him walk and blow out his arm on some other team.

As a Dodger fan first and foremost and an Angel fan secondly (I live 20 minutes away from the stadium and Scioscia was my favorite player), I can say that I was cautiously optimistic. Any Dodger fan that said they knew they'd beat the Cubs, has short term memory loss. They don't remember the futility of the past Dodger playoff experiences nor do they remember the up and down this team had all year before many and then the huge up when they got many followed by a huge losing streak followed by a huge winning streak. This team is as likely to be swept by the Phils as they are likely to sweep the Phils. Either one wouldn't surprise me. As far as the Cubs go, can we just ban them from the playoffs as they just won't win, let alone get to the World Series, so can we just eliminate them from playoff contention forever?

On the Angels and next season, I see Garrett Anderson gone, I could see them walking away from Vlady as he's been hurt the past couple years and just doesn't look like he's worth more than major league minimum. If they can get out of the John Garland contract, they'd be better off, as he's one of the worst pitchers I've seen in a long time. He's so slow that even icebergs are yelling, "Hurry up!" And Francisco Rodriguez, I've been saying all year to let him walk. Why? Because either next year or the year after he's going to blow out his arm. He won't be the same after this 60 save performance, look back to Thigpen. Do I blame the Angels for using him? No. It's his job to save games and they are trying to win. I just look at that delivery and in the back of my head I have this feeling that he'll blow out his arm and never pitch again. I say let him walk and blow out his arm on some other team.

That's kind of a willmorris statement, don't you think?

.300+ avg, 25+ HR's, 90+ RBI's is pretty god damn good.

IUe6Hvh.png

:censored:. i think i'ma go join curty on suicide watch. I would've expected this :censored:ty performance from the Daytona Cubs, were they playing the Dodgers. i'm hoping the Phillies finish off the Brewers so at least those won't have nothin to show for that trade, gonna lose their other ace asses don't have :censored: to say.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

If The Cubs lose this game The Dodgers will sweep the series. You heard it here first.

As I was saying... :D

So who had The Dodgers as the LA team that would be playing for a shot at The World Series?

If you go back to the first page I said the Dodgers would beat the Rays in the World Series.

It was a rhetorical question. I wasn't referring to the board as much as I was referring to the "experts." I guess I should have been more clear. Great prediction on your part though.

BB52Big.jpg

I go onto ESPN.com this morning to find out the result of the Cubs-Dodgers game, and there's not one mention of baseball anywhere on the front page :huh:

What did you expect ESPN doesn't have the rights to the playoffs.

When it comes to ratings football blows baseball out of the water. Football is America's sport.

It's shocking.

If you were to tell anybody in, let's say, mid-season that the Cubs would make the playoffs as the top team in the NL, only to get SWEPT by the Dodgers and be the first team out of the playoffs, they'd laugh in your face.

But I guess any seasoned Cubs fan probably saw this coming. Still, wow. The Dodgers probably played perfect baseball all 3 games, and the Cubs absolutely stunk it up in the 3 games.

And therein lies the problem. The Cubs would have been better off starting the series away from Wrigley. The fans' expectations of disastrous failure has a harmful effect on the Cubs' psyche.

The Cubs started on the road last postseason and got swept by the Diamondbacks.

The Cubs can't lose in October if they don't reach the playoffs, right?

Archived