MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's bad...I mean, I feel bad for their fans but at the same time, this :censored: is hilarious dude. They contradicted every claim that they didn't feel any pressure. The second they got behind in this series, they felt the pressure.

It's almost a miracle in itself that they haven't won a world series in 100 years. I mean, sit there and think about that: 100 years!!! People have gone entire lifetimes without seeing their favorite baseball team win a world series, and lose in such a fantastic manner at that.

EDIT: I also love how it's just a little bit obvious that the announcers are pulling for the Cubs. They were getting geeked up even when the Cubs were down 10-whatever at one point of game 2, like they were gonna make a comeback or something. :lol:

So the announcer just said the Cubs batter, Fontenot, has power, but what the Cubs need is to keep people on base, and that they don't need "three on one swing", which would tie the game...

My question being... what's it matter how they get that three?

edit: And Flame, I think that's great too. You'd have thought Fukudome's hit just won them the World Series the way the announcer got excited for it.

IUe6Hvh.png

Futility, thy name is Cub.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know this is a day late, but whatever...

I hope K-Rod enjoys his $20 million elsewhere next year. I can't wait to see how he reacts to getting thoroughly shredded by the NY media on a daily basis. Enjoy. Thanks for the memories Frankie... don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Teixeira, Vlad, and Torii Hunter are devastating in the middle of the line-up. It's such a shame that Figgins is 1-10 in the series, GA popped up in the infield twice, Kendrick is 0-10, and somehow of the 21 hits the Angels have in the series, they have ONE extra base hit (Figgins' triple). Absolutely ridiculous to have 21 hits in two games and have only one of them find a gap or a hole in the defense.

Whatever Tex wants moneywise in the offseason, he has definitely earned it. Open up your wallet if you know whats good for you Arte.

And now as an Angel fan I wait for the improbable to happen in Boston... (or for Beckett to throw out his oblique in warm-ups tomorrow :) )

And on a side note... How do we let Jason Bay and J.D. Drew beat us? If it was Pedroia or Ortiz, sure. They are superstars and you tip your hat, because face it, they're just that good... but Bay? Drew?... ugh...

And on another side note... man. Those poor, poor Cubbies.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I hope K-Rod enjoys his $20 million elsewhere next year. I can't wait to see how he reacts to getting thoroughly shredded by the NY media on a daily basis. Enjoy. Thanks for the memories Frankie... don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Teixeira, Vlad, and Torii Hunter are devastating in the middle of the line-up. It's such a shame that Figgins is 1-10 in the series, GA popped up in the infield twice, Kendrick is 0-10, and somehow of the 21 hits the Angels have in the series, they have ONE extra base hit (Figgins' triple). Absolutely ridiculous to have 21 hits in two games and have only one of them find a gap or a hole in the defense.

Whatever Tex wants moneywise in the offseason, he has definitely earned it. Open up your wallet if you know whats good for you Arte.

And now as an Angel fan I wait for the improbable to happen in Boston... (or for Beckett to throw out his oblique in warm-ups tomorrow :) )

And on a side note... How do we let Jason Bay and J.D. Drew beat us? If it was Pedroia or Ortiz, sure. They are superstars and you tip your hat, because face it, they're just that good... but Bay? Drew?... ugh...

I will say that I don't think you're giving Bay and Drew enough credit... I mean, Bay didn't hit 31 HR's this year by accident. Though I'll give you Drew since he missed a lot of time with a back injury that isn't fully healed.

Now, when JD Drew hit a Grand Slam against the Indians last year after his god-awful season in which he contributed almost nothing, I think Indians fans would've been just in saying "JD Drew?! Ugh..." ^_^

I get the feeling Cashman is adding a zero to his future offer for Teixeira with every hit he racks up because he's destroying Sox pitching in this series.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm not speaking as a homer here, but I think you're selling Bay short. Even in Pittsburgh he was quietly outstanding, minus last year. Drew is somewhat of a wild card and with his complete disappearance since mid-July I see your point.

I'll be the one to say I feel bad for the Cubs. I won't laugh at them because I know how it feels. It is so maddening to see failure like that and 100 years is absolutely absurd. However, the Dodgers have Nomar and Manny and my favorite player Bill Mueller in the front office, so I have to root for them by default, no contest. I sure wish this series could have lasted longer, though.

Although the Cubbies just scored, it's not over yet...

Yeah I do see your Jason Bay point. I meant it kinda like it's not the usual guy that keeps beating us. It's not a Manny, Ortiz, Pedroia, Youkilis... I knew about his great years in Pittsburgh. I just didn't think of Bay being the great threat to be afraid of in the Sox line-up, if you get what I mean?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Only one Cubs fan I feel bad for... Steve Bartman.

Down to their final three outs. I hope their final at-bat is at least interesting... like a bases loaded K to end it...

Knowing the Cubs, this isn't going to end in a whimper. They will find some way to come up with the most sadistically entertaining way to lose.

Only one Cubs fan I feel bad for... Steve Bartman.

Down to their final three outs. I hope their final at-bat is at least interesting... like a bases loaded K to end it...

Knowing the Cubs, this isn't going to end in a whimper. They will find some way to come up with the most sadistically entertaining way to lose.

...Like going down on 3 straight strikes.

Curty suicide watch?

It's almost a miracle in itself that they haven't won a world series in 100 years. I mean, sit there and think about that: 100 years!!! People have gone entire lifetimes without seeing their favorite baseball team win a world series, and lose in such a fantastic manner at that.

This is the part that gets me the most, my grandfather has never seen the Cubs won the World Series. He's in his late 80s and has never seen his team win a championship. The worst part is that he was serving during World War II in Korea the last time they were even in the World Series. Oh well, my dad already has told me that I will never see them win, and I'm starting to believe that.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

lol @ some random kid in Giants gear. Aren't you supposed to be banned from Dodger Stadium for wearing that?

And now it's all on Alfonso Soriano.

Right.

Game. Inning. Series.

It's shocking.

If you were to tell anybody in, let's say, mid-season that the Cubs would make the playoffs as the top team in the NL, only to get SWEPT by the Dodgers and be the first team out of the playoffs, they'd laugh in your face.

But I guess any seasoned Cubs fan probably saw this coming. Still, wow. The Dodgers probably played perfect baseball all 3 games, and the Cubs absolutely stunk it up in the 3 games.

Archived