MLB Playoffs

gingerbreadmann

I will gladly take K-Rod on the Mets.

While I admit he is an upgrade over Heilman, I'm sure there are cheaper, yet more effective options on the market.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will gladly take K-Rod on the Mets.

You have fun paying $20 million for a guy who's gonna give you a heart attack every time he takes the mound.

And Joel, Sean Casey's the only guy left on the bench. He's probably faster, but not by a whole lot.

Thank God. I was afraid Boston would tie it up.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's a miracle. It took them 12 innings, but they have finally done it. The Angels have beaten the Red Sox in the playoffs for the first time since Corey Feldman was relevant.

:censored:ing :censored:. Why the :censored: did Beckett pitch the 5th, why the :censored: the Lowell play at all, why the :censored: did Casey sit on the bench, why the :censored: is Pedroia sucking, why the :censored: was that not a strike to Napoli. :censored: WHY THE :censored: DOES CHIP CARAY SUCK SO MUCH.

Tomorrow is do-or-die.

Who else is out there? The Mets need a closer, I cant take another year of Aaron Heilman and the Fahrenheit 451 squad.

Isringhausen should be healthy to start the season...

I'm mostly kidding. He's the type that at his best gives you a heart attack (you come to realize that he's going to get out of the jam though), but at this point he may never be at his best again.

That said, he should be cheap. But probably not what you want to go into the season with as your one option at closer.

That's actually why I'd be okay if the Cardinals bring him back on a low base incentives deal. Perez hasn't proven he's ready to be a closer for a contender (and that's how the Cardinals should approach themselves now), Motte projects to be his setup man but might get a chance to close but even still isn't any more proven, and just wouldn't hurt to have Izzy as another options to fall back on.

My requirement would be that Perez (or Motte) gets first chance over Izzy and if they're both not doing it you stick with Perez or look elsewhere, don't just give the job back to an unproductive Izzy.

:censored:ing :censored:. Why the :censored: did Beckett pitch the 5th, why the :censored: the Lowell play at all, why the :censored: did Casey sit on the bench, why the :censored: is Pedroia sucking, why the :censored: was that not a strike to Napoli. :censored: WHY THE :censored: DOES CHIP CARAY SUCK SO MUCH.

Tomorrow is do-or-die.

Wow. You're always Mister Pottymouth whenever your teams don't do so well, huh? It's all in fun, you know.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Who else is out there? The Mets need a closer, I cant take another year of Aaron Heilman and the Fahrenheit 451 squad.

I'm mostly kidding. He's the type that at his best gives you a heart attack (you come to realize that he's going to get out of the jam though), but at this point he may never be at his best again.

That said, he should be cheap. But probably not what you want to go into the season with as your one option at closer.

That's actually why I'd be okay if the Cardinals bring him back on a low base incentives deal. Perez hasn't proven he's ready to be a closer for a contender (and that's how the Cardinals should approach themselves now), Motte projects to be his setup man but might get a chance to close but even still isn't any more proven, and just wouldn't hurt to have Izzy as another options to fall back on.

My requirement would be that Perez (or Motte) gets first chance over Izzy and if they're both not doing it you stick with Perez or look elsewhere, don't just give the job back to an unproductive Izzy.

Um been there done that with Izzy.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tomorrow is do-or-die.

uhhh.... no.... if they lose, they're still alive... :P

I saw, I came, I left.

Um been there done that with Izzy.

Wasn't he a starter when he was with them Mets?

Paying for closer in free agency is just stupid. Closer is probably the most overrated position in baseball. There are some that are worth it, but the majority are not. You'd be better off trading for one (as a throw in, kinda like Sherrill for the O's) or converting a starter. It's pretty easy to get a decent closer. The Mets also have a pretty good prospect in Eddie Kunz, who could probably fill the role.

Archived