Are Signatures Over-used?

the_cynic

Do you think "signatures" are over-used on this website?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's an interesting question for you. I know for a fact that Chris doesn't really want signatures on his forum website but he puts up with it anyway.

Do you think "signatures" are over-used on this website?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Only when people go crazy with four or five pix in their sig, but no. With sigs, I don't even have to see the name to know who posted. Also, it's fun to see a pic and think, "Hey, I want that in my sig." It gets pretty boring to see nothing but black letters on a white forum page. As long as people don't put obscene trash as their sigs or avatars, then I have no prob with it. Therefore, sigs are awesome.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I wouldnt mind seing a 100 pixel height limit, but other than that... have fun with them.. you dont like em? turn em off and miss the fun.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Since you can turn them off, I don't think there's any real argument.

I have them turned off, but if there was a pixel-height limit (100 sounds reasonable), I'd consider turning it back on.

You wouldn't believe how much easier it is to read a thread without signatures... and if I hear about a good one, I just dbl-click the person, and see it in their profile.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

i actually got a moderating position elsewhere when my work on sigs was discovered at yet ANOTHER board (the whole story's confusing, i won't bother to bore ya with it)...of course i was using a better program then than i do now, but ya make do. i don't mind it as long as it's not like YET ANOTHER board i frequent and will not mention, where guys have like 10 pics in their sigs of either women, players or crap that has nothing to do with anything (mostly the first two)...reading posts here is a vacation compared to there. here, people with sigs actually use moderation (keeping sig amount to a minimum, as in just one) so thanks :)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I've tried a couple--but they were too big so I removed them--I may add a graphic one again in the future, until then, well, then I shall call you Baldrick.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

So now everyone needs an avatar and a signature to separate themselves from each other? I'm not saying it's wrong but just making a point.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Really, for the guys who turn them off.. just so you know.. they really arent that bad. Noone that I can think of has a particularly large or heinous or obnoxious one at all!

It kinda seems like people have a self-restrained limit of 150 or so pixels.

They sometimes have pretty good stuff in them.

Plus, with the avater, signature, and data in the left, it creates a lot of white space between posts, that the signature neatly fit into.

Try it with for a few days... you might like it!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I think they are more of a way to show some of each others personality and skill

great point....this being not only a logo themed board, but also a designer's showcase.

another vote to remove my cheezy sig. i guess it's time to step up and slap together something a little more fitting, eh?

but i do like 'em. i'm torn between which is better; the one's that keep a familiar mark, or the one's like JQK and Discrim who mix them in and out frequently (usually with timely humor or topics).

so far, this site has been well within reason...

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I think they're fine. They give the place a bit of colour, and personality and make different posters stand apart from each other. As long as they don't get out of hand or anything, then it's all good.

Besides, as others have said, if you don't like them, you can just turn them off when viewing the forum.

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Archived