Williams Lake TimberWolves new logo

Waffles

OLD (biggest I could find):

timberwolves.gif

NEW:

http://media.bclocalnews.com/images/320*18...etwolvesnew.jpg

LINK:

http://www.bclocalnews.com/bc_cariboo/will...s/29923099.html

Anything would've been an upgrade over what they had, but this is pretty solid in its own right.

EDIT: Didn't realize they just took the Elmira Jackals logo and just changed the ears (mostly because I'd never heard of the Elmira Jackals). Good find, rvrdgsfn.

The "T-Wolves" text is extra weak sauce.

Nice catch on the Elmira, though you could argue that they vastly improved it while ripping it off.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

In no way, shape or form can anyone with even a cursory understanding of the most basic rules of business practices and ethics term this identity an "upgrade." How in the world can blatantly ripping off someone else's work be considered an "upgrade"?

To make matters worse, "local artist and logo designer" Dave Abbott, who is falsely credited with having developed this logo, has the gall to let himself be quoted in the press as saying ?This was a challenge I really looked forward to doing...?, suggesting that he actually did this work himself.

Simply stealing someone else's work does not constitute "a challenge"; rather, it constitutes outright plagiarism and a complete lack of an ethical barometer on the part of this individual.

This "new" logo does not deserve one second of our time discussing its merits from a design standpoint; the only issue worthy of discussion is how we cannot tolerate any such instances of unethical -- and illegal -- intellectual property theft.

I did the logo....i contacted Elmira (they own it) and the press in Williams Lake....

*smacks head*

Dang it, I knew that. Sorry I forgot this one is yours, Keith. Still, it should be fun to see how long it takes to get this yanked. It's events like this that make me wish I was still blogging, as this kind of crap is right in my wheelhouse.

WOW - I wouldn't want to be this designer:

?The colours, I wanted to go back to something related to the Mustangs,? local artist and logo designer Dave Abbott says. ?The red, I thought was a more active, exciting colour and I wanted to do something related to that.?

How could he take credit for this?

How could he take credit for this?

Ten or perhaps even five years ago he'd have gotten away with it, especially somewhere as remote as Williams Lake. The world is a lot smaller than it used to be, thanks to the internet.

Sure my hometown league might have ripoffs of other professional teams, but does anybody (such as me) who watches the league care? No. A new problem has arisen to the look of the BCHL, the uniforms.

Victoria got a major downgrade to All-Star templates (they were stupid enough to use the All-Star template for the BCHL All-Star game last year), Cowichan had to copy Washington (chucking out the NY Rangers 3rd jersey template to Washington's EDGE design, it looks good, but the front looks crowded with the C & A on the right with the league patch on the left chest)...I could go on and on, but other than that, its your average Junior "A" league.

Unfortunately this sort of stuff is pretty well par for the course in junior hockey in Canada, especially at levels lower than the CHL. There are some original logos, but the bulk of those are poorly done and slapped on some NHL jersey template to save time and money.

Yep, a Elmira Ripoff - darn thieves, can't they come up with their logos. We have soooo many great artist here and they go and add pointed Dumbo Ears to the jackel and call it a T-Wolve. Where are the logo cops when you need them.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived