Marty Brodeur's New Mask

jkrdevil

Well for the first time since becoming a full time NHLer Marty Brodeur will have a new mask design for the Devils (he has worn different designs for the Olympics though). It's similar but instead of the usual Devil-J symbol that has appeared on the mask it is now a MB30 logo in order to promote his new website that launches on Friday. Personally I don't like it. When you win 3 Stanley Cups, win 4 out of the last 5 Vezinas, and are on the cusp of breaking both the all-time wins ans shutout records you don't make changes. Anyway here are some pics below and a link to the story and photo gallery.

newmask_lg.jpg

newmask300.jpg

Photo Gallery

http://devils.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...rticleid=385442

And here is the website logo which appears on the mask.

splash.jpg

Maybe I just got used to the old one (hard not to after so many years...), but this one doesn't attract me. I loved the simplicity of the old one, all the graphics seem clipart-ish, but I feel it worked. The MB30 just makes it look weird. And for a personal moniker, its a little big.

Wade-sig.png

Why change? Brodeur's mask is/was iconic.

Also, doesn't this constitute advertising?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The design of his mask has always been pretty bush-league, but it's lame to change it to advertise your website.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I liked his old mask way moreo than most of the air-brushed, "realistic" looking ones out there. His was simple, iconic, and timeless. This is just giving his site a cheap plug. Not terrible, but not necessary either.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the MB30 logo but he shouldnt have put it on his mask. His old mask was simple and others have said iconic. He should have stuck with what was working. The MB30 logo looks bad on the mask...maybe if enough of his fans complain he'll change back :P

beLEAF

I liked his old mask way moreo than most of the air-brushed, "realistic" looking ones out there. His was simple, iconic, and timeless. This is just giving his site a cheap plug. Not terrible, but not necessary either.

Agreed I like the older style (early/mid-90's) mask designs than the more recent airbrush "realistic" styles.

Agreed I like the older style (early/mid-90's) mask designs than the more recent airbrush "realistic" styles.

Totally agree.

This is tacky.

Not a big fan of the new logo, although not a huge fan of the old logo. I wish he would get a new mask rather than keep the one he has had since he got the full time gig, but thats just me. If he is going to keep the style, I always wanted him to add the N to the J. I understand why it was just the J in the begining becuase he didnt know where he would be playing (AHL or NHL), but after year 1, I think we all knew he wasnt going to the minors. If he can change it now for MB30, he could just as easily add the N to the J.

SEAsig.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

His mask was basically one of the few classic masks still around. I loved it, and this new design is terrible just to promote a dumb website.

I'm dissapointed, major downgrade.

2ly2w09.jpg

All I can say about this is meh. It's not bad but its not good either, like most of the group here, looks like a big billboard on his mask saying, here's my website. I was kind of expecting you know, something new, out of the ordinary, instead we get a web advertisement.

If you want to advertise websites Martin, use Strong Bad or better yet....

TROGDOR!!!!!!!!

baltimoreravens.png

All I can say about this is meh. It's not bad but its not good either, like most of the group here, looks like a big billboard on his mask saying, here's my website. I was kind of expecting you know, something new, out of the ordinary, instead we get a web advertisement.

TROGDOR!!!!!!!!

Is this a Homestar Runner reference?

Whoa. I'm from NJ and I first got into hockey when I was about 13 and I saw the 94 Eastern conference finals between NJ/NYR ("Matteau!!")

I just turned 27 and I realize that I grew up watching that mask! Yeah, the design was always a little lame, but still. It had always been there.

I probably shouldn't be placing this much importance on a goalie mask.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Why not just keep the same mask and then put his new logo on the back plate? That would've been a good compromise.

I KNOW!!!

I hate this new mask. I hope he changes his mind before setting the wins record.

The design of his mask has always been pretty bush-league, but it's lame to change it to advertise your website.
Yeah, I don't like how he's changing it just to advertise his website. I much prefer his old mask, as plain as it was.

TROGDOR!!!!!!!!

Is this a Homestar Runner reference?

Why, yes it is.

baltimoreravens.png

Why not just keep the same mask and then put his new logo on the back plate? That would've been a good compromise.

I agree. Even thought I am a Rangers fan, his helmet was the best the way it was. This new design just looks to busy and out of place.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

Archived