Final Season Logo for the Minnesota Twins

lich0037

I checked the threads and couldn?t find this posted any where. If this has been posted already I apologize...

I was at the Vikings game over the weekend and found these early Twins schedules on the concession counters. I was surprised to see them out like that. I checked with the Twins website and couldn?t find anything there. So I scanned the schedule to share with you all...it?s the best I could do.

I am guessing this is the ?final season? logo on the front of the schedule. I?m sure this will be a patch on the jersey sleeve as well. I?ve heard through some of my graphic design buddies that local ad agency Periscope designed the logo. Although that is only a rumor.

I also found the new Target Field ad on the back of the schedule to be interesting as well. Maybe it?s a sneak peak of the Target Field Inaugural Year logo?...

twins_schedule.png

The front of the schedule is on the right and the back of the schedule (when unfolded) is on the left.

hhh_metrodome.png

Thoughts?...

Very nice, but if I had to guess, there will probably be some sort of remade version of the Target Field logo for the jersey patch when they move in with the whole lack of corporate name on the jersey thing. On a side note, does anyone else think building an outdoor only baseball stadium in Minny is a bad idea?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

On a side note, does anyone else think building an outdoor only baseball stadium in Minny is a bad idea?

Well, yes, in theory. But then you attend a baseball game in the Metrodome, and the prospect of playing through an April snowstorm with a windchill below zero doesn't seem so bad by comparison.

Besides, now that the earflap caps have made it onto the field in the World Series, the Twins will be just fine playing out-of-doors.

That's a very nice HHH final-season logo, and it looks decidedly patch-like to me. I'm already out of sleeve room on my Twins jersey, though.

20082614447.png

On a side note, does anyone else think building an outdoor only baseball stadium in Minny is a bad idea?

No way. The Twins need outside baseball sooooo bad. That Dome is a dump and also, they did try to get a retractible roof, but didn't have the money. That would be a perfect stadium.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Emphasis on the TC...hmm sign of things to come?

A sign of what exactly? It's not like the TC is underplayed now, being the logo on the team's home hats and all. Can't get much more emphasis than that.

I love both of these logos. That Humphrey Dome logo is really nice.

Metrodome logo = fantastic.

Target logo = generic. Not bad, just too generic for my tastes. Frankly, that skyline could be anywhere, and that "rings of Saturn" cutout of the stadium could be almost any park.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the Metrodome patch. In fact it's way too good for the Metrodome. A crappy ballpark deserves a crappy commemorative patch. :P

I wouldn't read too much into the Target Field logo though. In fact I've wondered the Twins aren't quietly planning another rebranding of the team, to coincide with the opening of the new ballpark. You may have noticed from renderings of the new park that the seats are green, an odd choice for a facility built for a team that wears red, white and blue. Unless of course they're not planning on sticking with that color scheme after 2009.

CCSLC signature.png

I like the Metrodome patch. In fact it's way too good for the Metrodome. A crappy ballpark deserves a crappy commemorative patch. :P

I wouldn't read too much into the Target Field logo though. In fact I've wondered the Twins aren't quietly planning another rebranding of the team, to coincide with the opening of the new ballpark. You may have noticed from renderings of the new park that the seats are green, an odd choice for a facility built for a team that wears red, white and blue. Unless of course they're not planning on sticking with that color scheme after 2009.

Green is a pretty traditional color for baseball-stadium seats (even though more and more teams are going to team-colored seats) so if they're trying to push the whole "traditional" angle, it's probably not anything to look to much in to.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

... In fact I've wondered the Twins aren't quietly planning another rebranding of the team, to coincide with the opening of the new ballpark. You may have noticed from renderings of the new park that the seats are green, an odd choice for a facility built for a team that wears red, white and blue. Unless of course they're not planning on sticking with that color scheme after 2009.

So are the seats at Camden Yards. Since when does seat color have to be linked to team colors?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived