Special Iron Crossover/discrimibattle Challenge!

IronChefShark

Wa takshino key yoku gatashka naraba my Iron Crossover is not the only popular concept challenge in the Chris Creamer Sports Logo Community. There is also a challenge that is of equal popularity known as THE DISCRIMIBATTLE!

the chairman of the discrimibattle is none other then "the Morimoto of jersey design"....Discrimihater!

So we have decided to come together and offer a special challenge.....and it will go like this:

You are to take any NFL, NHL, or NBA team of your choice and using thier current graphic identity, cross them over to baseball!

It doesnt end there though. Normally Iron Crossover guidelines require a complete uniform set including a home and road uniform, and an optional alternate. This time, you are only required to submit A ROAD UNIFORM!

oh, this gets better......

the catch here is.....

NO GRAY IS ALLOWED!

thats right! you must crossover the team of your choice from the NFL, NHL, or NBA to baseball, and submit only a road uniform THAT IS NOT GRAY! :D

it can be any off color that harmonizes with the colors of the team that you choose to submit.

and as an added bonus, this challenge will qualify as the second round of the Discrimibattle's MANIC MARCH!

now that you have your instructions, theres only one thing to do.....

ALLEZ CUISINE!!!!

shark pretty much nailed it. so for this week consider us the Phil-Pitt Steagles of concept contests :hockeysmiley:

i'm doling out a cool avatar similar to the one i have now to whoever wins this, and i'd like to offer up an example:

Knicks "City" baseball uniform (just imagine white socks)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I was tempted to use my Iron Crossover winning Calgary Flames baseball black alt jersey. But I'll play fair and go original. B)

P.S. can the pants be gray? Or do they have to be white or the dreaded colored pants.

http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/onwis97/images/mlb.gif

Titans Baseball.

Discrimihater, where do you get that template? I like it better than this one, from Dressed to the nines at www.baseballhof.com.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

i can see there is some confusion as to what we are looking for here

the idea essentially is to create a road uniform that works the same way as traditional gray uniforms do, however without them being gray

like I said before, real life examples include the powder blue road unis wore by a number of MLB teams in the 70s and 80s, as well as the padres new khaki road unis that they have introduced for this upcoming season

here is an example of what Im talking about:

sharksBaseballR.gif

yes, its a light teal! Sure, its non traditional, some may even say down right hideous! but this is basically what we are looking for! :grin:

however I dont want a lot of you to feel smothered by an influx of rules, so if you want to go with dark solid colored unis, feel free to do so. But lets see some powder blues, khakis, tans, yellows, mint greens, peach, hell even if someone is bold enough to do it, dare I say lavenders and pinks?? :blink:

the main thing is, no white pants! :hockeysmiley:

For the record, I hate, hate, HATE the Pens' "Vegas" gold. That being said, after seeing the Padres' khakis, I figured I'd go for broke and make it the base for this uni. Hey, it's no worse that the double-knit atrocities my Buccos paraded around the NL in the '70s...

Pittunited's Pittsburgh Penguins Vegas Gold Road Baseball Uniform (copy & paste)

Anyone ever play Baseball Stars on the NES? That's what a lot of these are reminding me of. And I don't mean that in a bad way... I love that game.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Archived