Bowl Game Anniversaries

meetthemets

Here is the logo for the 75th Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas.

SunBowl75.jpg

that's a brutie!!

Fixed it for you.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here is the logo for the 75th Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas.

SunBowl75.jpg

Reminds me of the SEC 75th Anniversary logo (I said reminds, not calling it a rip-off, y'all). Well done, except for those damn gradients.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

i think the orange bowl people counted wrong. 2009-1935=74 not 75

If the first game was in 1935, then the 5th game was in 1939, not 1940 (count with me: 35, 36, 37, 38, 39). Therefore, the 2009 game is the 75th game.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Seeing that the Sun Bowl is 75 years old, I have to wonder how many other bowl games out there are fairly old, and yet have relatively little prominence.

Here are some long-tenured bowls I found with the year originated:

Cotton Bowl (1937)

Gator Bowl (1946)

Capital One/Citrus Bowl (1947)

Liberty Bowl (1959)

Seeing that the Sun Bowl is 75 years old, I have to wonder how many other bowl games out there are fairly old, and yet have relatively little prominence.

Just wanting to inform everyone. The Sun Bowl is the second oldest bowl in the nation.

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

Here are some long-tenured bowls I found with the year originated:

Cotton Bowl (1937)

Gator Bowl (1946)

Capital One/Citrus Bowl (1947)

Liberty Bowl (1959)

The CapOne/Citrus bowl was known as the Tangerine Bowl and featured smaller schools for many years before Orlando grew big enough in the post-Disney era to host a major bowl. (There's been a lot of talk about 1959 when UBuffalo turned down a bid because its black players would not have been allowed to play in still-segged Florida).

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived