Mizzou WILL wear gold jerseys

_RH_

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the yellow shirts, but I hate that stupid logo on their sleeves, and the white neck trim. If they changed the helmet to match the gold to these shirts, it would have looked great - or, as another famous tiger would say, "grrrrreat!"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Mizzou looked bad. There's a number of adjustments they could have made to various parts of their uniform that might have made these okay, but instead of list them out, I'm just gonna say that as they wore them today, these looked pretty terrible.

Now, about Kansas--were those pants white as noted before, or did the grey just look washed out?

i think they looked pretty rad. there's nothing wrong with trying something new once or twice a year.

yes, they did lose, but it wasn't a bad loss by any means. it was a great game but it was somewhat meaningless because missouri will be going to the big XII championship anyway. they will still wear these, it's not a big deal.

Aiight, Nike...time to answer up for this one!

All the technology they claim they have...all the experimenting they do. Bear in mind Mizzou was the first with this current style of uniform they wear.

So tell me, then, uniform outfitter...why the HELL did this team trot out in some mustard yellow shirts today???

And it's funny, because vegas gold on the helmet notwithstanding, Mizzou actually has one of my favorite looks in all of college football. (I have no clue when i started to like them so much...I just do.) But this mess...ah, NO. We already know the helmet gold and jersey/pants gold weren't even CLOSE to matching. But why go with a white collar? Why??? That, to me, stood out even more than the mustard-colored jerseys!

Oh...and I think it's seriously time for Missouri to look at changing up that helmet if they're going to continue on the modern route with their uniforms. I mean...seriously. Hell...put that tiger logo on the helmet...at least people know that's Mizzou's tiger. I see big block "M" and the first thing I think about is Michigan. And I know I ain't the only one.

Okay...rant over. Back to your regularly scheduled mustard jersey bashing.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Mizzou looked bad. There's a number of adjustments they could have made to various parts of their uniform that might have made these okay, but instead of list them out, I'm just gonna say that as they wore them today, these looked pretty terrible.

Now, about Kansas--were those pants white as noted before, or did the grey just look washed out?

They were definitely white.

Here is a pic with gray pants:

ku-football.jpg

And a pic from above to compare:

89fdfb09-dc80-4565-a8a7-c070ceb69e48.jpg

Have they worn white pants before?

They were definitely white.

Here is a pic with gray pants:

ku-football.jpg

And a pic from above to compare:

89fdfb09-dc80-4565-a8a7-c070ceb69e48.jpg

Have they worn white pants before?

That's the first time they've worn white pants since they switched to adidas.

KU's white pants were the first since the switch to the lighter blue in 2006. Rumor has it that they have blue pants in the works too. That would make three jerseys and three pants.

As for Mizzou, the Dwight Schrute mustard jerseys would have looked good on a non-sloppy grass field, instead they had too much green and white field residue that made them look pretty gross by the end of the game.

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

Did matter, the result was the wonderful thing!!!! Time to put them back in the closet, what a waste of money.

KU wins - slaps the Tiggers back down to earth.

We should have lost by 40+ pts to the better MU team.

Jayhawks are the Board War winners in 2008

Kansas-Jayhawkshelmetbanner.png

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Did matter, the result was the wonderful thing!!!! Time to put them back in the closet, what a waste of money.

KU wins - slaps the Tiggers back down to earth.

We should have lost by 40+ pts to the better MU team.

Jayhawks are the Board War winners in 2008

Kansas-Jayhawkshelmetbanner.png

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Board War? You must be a kU fan.

BURN THESE JERSEYS!!! BURN'EM NOW!!!

i think they looked pretty rad. there's nothing wrong with trying something new once or twice a year.

yes, they did lose, but it wasn't a bad loss by any means. it was a great game but it was somewhat meaningless because missouri will be going to the big XII championship anyway. they will still wear these, it's not a big deal.

ANY time we lose to Kansas, it's a bad loss. I don't care if we're already playing in the title game next week, we NEVER want to lose to Kansas, period.

I liked these jerseys. They looked like they belonged . . . so many times when teams do this you have to take a second look to see who it is, these seemed right on with Missouri. These look like the same color the basketball wears and I am sure Nike just followed the same cloth color they use for basketball. I know most hated them, but i like them.

BURN THESE JERSEYS!!! BURN'EM NOW!!!

ANY time we lose to Kansas, it's a bad loss. I don't care if we're already playing in the title game next week, we NEVER want to lose to Kansas, period.

Amen.

I liked these jerseys. They looked like they belonged . . . so many times when teams do this you have to take a second look to see who it is, these seemed right on with Missouri. These look like the same color the basketball wears and I am sure Nike just followed the same cloth color they use for basketball. I know most hated them, but i like them.

Not trying to be a pain, but no way is it the same color Mizzou basketball uses.

The trim on the white and black jerseys is very much more of an old gold. It's been a while since I've seen the gold bball jerseys (if they still exist), but I recall those being more old gold too.

You'd think they'd match, but they don't.

Speaking of which, Mizzou basketball could use a re-design. The template they have looked nice a while back, but then they messed with the coloring of it and it's just gotten dated.

Not trying to be a pain, but no way is it the same color Mizzou basketball uses.

The trim on the white and black jerseys is very much more of an old gold. It's been a while since I've seen the gold bball jerseys (if they still exist), but I recall those being more old gold too.

You'd think they'd match, but they don't.

Speaking of which, Mizzou basketball could use a re-design. The template they have looked nice a while back, but then they messed with the coloring of it and it's just gotten dated.

actually, Mizzou wore their gold basketball jerseys a mere 12 days ago against Tennessee-Chattanooga.

16.jpg

I actually like the basketball gold, and thought the football 'gold' was OK. It would have looked better if they had used the same gold that the basketball team uses, though.

It really bugs me that the Mizzou helmet is not only so old-school mixed with the new-school jerseys, but that the golds don't match. Even the gold on the tiger logo on the sleeves didn't match the gold of the jerseys themselves. Otherwise, it wasn't too bad as far as gold uniforms go.

EDIT: Was it just me, or were there small pieces of the Mizzou jerseys on the field towards the end of the game?

Archived