SI Ranks the NHL's New Third Jerseys

TurnTwo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I don't see the arch in St. Louis's third...

2. The Sens and the Bolts should be dead last for not using their names (Lightning aren't even close, and their lettering is horrible).

3. Dallas and the Thrashers with the basketball/arena football-style fronts are pretty bad, too. Somewhat deserving of the worst 2 looks.

Throwbacks :sleeping:

That's actually my opinion. I hated the fact that so many teams went to throwbacks as thirds simply for the fact that they were throwbacks. That was a cop-out IMO. At least teams like the Thrashers, Kings, Coyotes, & Lightning tried to do something new.

That's actually my opinion. I hated the fact that so many teams went to throwbacks as thirds simply for the fact that they were throwbacks. That was a cop-out IMO. At least teams like the Thrashers, Kings, Coyotes, & Lightning tried to do something new.

... and failed.

... and failed.

I don't think so.

I don't get why everyone loves either plain/bland jerseys or throwbacks. I love the Coyotes and Kings jerseys, and the Lightning are different, I can live with that.

Better than a cookiecutter jersey.

2ly2w09.jpg

The Leafs' throwback alts are actually more defining of the team then their cookie cutter regulars are.

Every time I see that Kings' sweater in action I love it even more. Just throw on some purple highlights and it's perfect.

The Habs' white sweater should be their primary road, but they have to replace the vintage "open CH" with the current "closed CH."

Philadelphia's is a mess. A simple orange version of their current home/road set would have been better.

The Islanders, their current set is actually better. This vintage look is better off left in the past.

... and failed.

I don't think so.

I don't get why everyone loves either plain/bland jerseys or throwbacks. I love the Coyotes and Kings jerseys, and the Lightning are different, I can live with that.

Better than a cookiecutter jersey.

Id much rather have a bland jersey that looks good rather than a bland bad looking design like the Coyotes or Dallas, and rather than a busy mess like Carolina.

All of the love for the throwbacks is coming mostly from the badness of alot of the original new designs, imo. I dont love the idea of throwbacks as thirds either, but id prefer it to an ugly third.

oBIgzrL.png

canadiens-lang(2).jpg

I would be 100% ok with that as their new road jersey.

Favourite jersey of all-time. B)

x2 B)

I'm going to disagree. Even though it matches the home, their current road has been around waay too long for the team to change it. Like you guys, I think it's nice but keep it as an alt.

...and about the SI Ranking. It doesn't make any sense. For example, the reviewer placed the Flyers alts in third place, yet had nothing positive to say about them. She (Ya, it was a girl who did the ranking) just said they looked like "a bunch of pumpkins on ice, and, yeah, the black and orange is a bit Halloweeny". She's allowed to dislike whatever she pleases, but why in the blue hell would you put them in third place if that's your opinion?????? Same thing with the Oilers. Some jerseys ranked in the middle were praised alot more.

Clearly, this person had no idea what she was doing. It shows how un passionate people could be when it comes to hockey. So are there any people over there who are not Football or Basketball fans? The answer is yes. They are called Baseball fans. :P

1. Leafs-This should be the Leafs full time look, if they bring this look back they may end their curse.

2. Penguins-A beautiful jersey

3. Habs-Why has the white jersey never matched the red?

4. Islanders-This is what the Islanders should look like

5. Sabres-Get rid of Buffaslug and bring back this great logo

6. Blues-Nice look, and that is a great new logo with the arch.

7. Flyers-Flyers in Orange yes bring it back

8. Oilers-The look and colors of the dynasty years should make a return

9. Blackhawks-A nice alternate

10. Bruins-Their original look is nice

11. Hurricanes-The black is meh, but the crest is way better then the flushing toliet

12. Canucks-The color scheme is nice, and its not that bad of logo

13. Sharks-Its OK, but the Sharks don't look right without the teal

14. Coyotes-Remember to have your dogs spayed or neutered.

15. Stars-Booooooooooooooooooooooooring

16. Sens-Come on now use the peace tower

17. Thrashers-Simply hideous

18. Lightning-Bolts WTF?

19. Kings-:puke:

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived