The NEW 'NHL'

randyc

Stop realignment.

Seriously, you merged the Kings and the Ducks, and you separated the Habs and Bruins. This fails on so many levels.

It's a concept buddy. That's the whole point of this forum, is it not?

Yup. And with that comes feedback on the concepts. My feedback is that it's a ridiculous thing to have posted.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice. Where is Chicago though? They would geographicly fit better the the division then Detroit. Maybe it will make more seance when its done.

As for the jerseys;

Calgary: PERFECTLY EXECUTED! I love the way you used the gold/yellow as the outline rather than the black. I never minded the black on the white jersey, but I felt that they just could never get a red jersey with the same feel. Love you you did here.

Detroit: Another solid execution. The alternate is a perfect fit. To adds a level of visual history to a team that has had the same basic jersey design for about 50 years. Good work.

Edmonton: Good work again. Probably the first time I have seen the those colors on the logo introduced in 97. I would have done something different for the alt though. That is a nice looking jersey though. I think there is a place in hockey for jerseys like that, but not exactly as a third jersey. I picture teams having 4 jerseys, an original alt (See Phoenix) and a script based 4th jersey (See Dallas).

Manitoba: Good job to bring back a WHA city that the NHL never should have left. I have always liked the name moose and I love that logo for a professional team.

Vancouver: Good job. The jerseys are done very well. The only thing I would have done differently is use the Johnny Canuck logo as an alternate instead of the primary. Don't know if I would have done a green jersey either.

Buffalo: I really like what you have done here. You brought the team back to their roots, but still made it look modern. You have visual parts from every era the team has been in. The alt, using the B logo originally from the R&B era, and the unique alternate style jersey from the Buffaslug era. This fits in well the rest of the teams you have been doing.

Boston: I love the added serifs in the nameplate font and the number font. It really connects with the newer style of the B. In adding the serifs you perfect the almost perfect jerseys they have now. They only thing I would have liked to see is a third jersey. Preferably a yellow/gold one, but at least something.

Montreal: I don't know about this one. The alternate is really only good as a tribute. From what I see. Why fix it if its not broken. The habs have one of the best sets in the league and really the only thing you can do to it is add this jersey.

Ottawa: I think this set has good potential. I like what you are doing with the laurel leaves, but the size of them reminds me of the old set. Maybe try to make they smaller like Atlanta. Also, the red seems really bright. Might want to check that. I LOVE the alternate tho! Again, another beautiful alternate jersey. Definitely what they should have done this year.

Quebec: Perfect, except for the name. I have always pictured a team in Quebec called the Voyageurs. It is a french name, and it can be connected to the founding of Quebec through the Voyages of Cartier and Champlain. The logo is also like what I thought of, but you just used a modified version of the Columbus Clippers logo. I would have used it without the C and for the alt, added a V behind (that is if you called them the Voyageurs). I also love the colors (same as what I imagined). I would have got ride of the piping though and used a different style for the alt.

Toronto: I like what you did here. Still think the best leafs concept was the one done by Delayed Penalty if believe (Correct me if I am wrong), where he centered the font and made the white outline the same thickness. As a leafs fan though I am happy with what you did. Can't complain here.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Stop realignment.

Seriously, you merged the Kings and the Ducks, and you separated the Habs and Bruins. This fails on so many levels.

Yup. And with that comes feedback on the concepts. My feedback is that it's a ridiculous thing to have posted.

Chill out, it's just a concept. I have no problem with reallignment or "new league" concepts as long as people post actual concepts, not just "what ifs".

Stop realignment.

Chill out, it's just a concept. I have no problem with reallignment or "new league" concepts as long as people post actual concepts, not just "what ifs".

I didn't know I wasn't allowed to have an opinion. Thanks.

POTD 2013-08-22

Stop realignment.

I'm allowed to have an opinion too. In fact, I have a couple of them:

1. North and South conferences don't ever work. One of the goals of an alignment is to group teams that are in the same time zone, therefore only east and west really works.

2. There should be a rule banning realignment threads (actually, I thought there was one?) with the lone exception being "proposals" for new leagues where ACTUAL CONCEPTS accompany the proposals. These realignment threads are a waste of bandwidth.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's why I posted my realignment of the NFL in another thread LOL

I like the Champlains concept. It would be nice to see a team back in Quebec, as well as Winnipeg.

Stop realignment.

And this thread is randy's opinion/idea. Don't rag on him for his idea.

Stop realignment.

I guess that's just too bad for you then isn't it?

8prlQWA.png

Stop realignment.

I guess it's too bad that you expected everyone to fellate you because you posted a concept.

And that's why this concept forum has gone to complete crap in the last few years.

POTD 2013-08-22

Stop realignment.

I guess it's too bad that you expected everyone to fellate you because you posted a concept.

And that's why this concept forum has gone to complete crap in the last few years.

Considering I said myself earlier, not everyone is going to agree with my opinion, I didn't expect everyone to "fellate" me. If someone expects that on this forum, then there in the wrong place. You're getting worked up over something that doesn't need to be blown out of proportion and that's what your doing, making an issue out of something that isn't.

8prlQWA.png

Why do you all presume I'm getting worked up?

I gave an opinion, and I've been told that my opinion shouldn't be posted here and I should calm down. But I'm the one "making an issue"? Really?

POTD 2013-08-22

Alright, I'm done arguing with you over this because it isn't going anywhere, and there isn't much of a point doing it.

Chicago and Anaheim are now up. For Chicago, I didn't change too much except for the colours of the shoulder patch on the road jersey, and I altered the logo on the alternate to include the current primary logo.

8prlQWA.png

Chicago and Anaheim are now up.

Didn't like my Southern California Dukes suggestion then? :rolleyes:

Never said I didn't like it. I forgot about your reply all together. I'll see if I can get something put together for "The Dukes". And for the record I do like your suggestion.

8prlQWA.png

Alright, so made a couple changes and added some updates. The conferences were renamed to the Gretzky and Lemieux Conferences. The Taylor Division renamed to the Messier Division. Gretzky Division renamed to Dionne Division. The Blues, Pens, Rangers and possibly the Dukes should be up by tomorrow.

8prlQWA.png

Archived