In Your Face NCAA hats

Waffles

How do they not have the Duck

I'd bet it's a licensing issue with Disney, especially since Donald's likeness is only supposed to be used "in good taste."

Ding - we have a winner.

Oregon can fully license Donald merchandise under the revised agreement, but they have to pay royalties. That might figure into it (that and, while Nike likes to pretend otherwise, Oregon isn't exactly one of the marquee merchandising schools).

http://www.lids.com/did/16

what were you saying?

I'd bet it's a licensing issue with Disney, especially since Donald's likeness is only supposed to be used "in good taste."

Ding - we have a winner.

Oregon can fully license Donald merchandise under the revised agreement, but they have to pay royalties. That might figure into it (that and, while Nike likes to pretend otherwise, Oregon isn't exactly one of the marquee merchandising schools).

what were you saying?

Right, lids sells Oregon stuff. But Oregon stuff isn't on the front page of marquee schools, which is what Gothamite was showing. However, in that list, I'm surprised to see Syracuse (and the old logo, natch). It's not too hard to tell the top 20 or schools in national prominence, and while I'm a big Orange fan, I don't think I'd put them in that group.

And certainly not Oregon.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Ding - we have a winner.

what were you saying?

I recall that there's another facet of the agreement in addition to the royalties. If I'm not mistaken, I believe there's a clause about keeping all the Donald stuff inside the state of Oregon. Thus, we see the "O" all over the place -- but Donald is never in the Capital One mascot contests, or anything else.

I better not hear of any one of you guys buying one of these pieces of crap. The Jayhawks one (asuming that IS a Jayhawk) I mean come on, what is this kellogg toucan sam promotion? Jeez

Or what?

I will open the Chamber.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

I think they're pretty cool. My favorites are BC, Nebraska, and Syracuse. My least favorites are Georgia, Missouri, and Arizona.

EDIT: 400 Posts!

Where do you see BC?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I'm in Phoenix on vacation, went to the Coyotes game tonight (well, it's really yesterday now) and I saw the ASU version of these caps....wow. So, so stupid. Took me a second to realize that it was the Sparky guy's face. It just looked like a hat of a face with a moustache.

I think they're pretty cool. My favorites are BC, Nebraska, and Syracuse. My least favorites are Georgia, Missouri, and Arizona.

EDIT: 400 Posts!

Where do you see BC?

BC Hat

2agq1ea.jpg

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Ding - we have a winner.

what were you saying?

I recall that there's another facet of the agreement in addition to the royalties. If I'm not mistaken, I believe there's a clause about keeping all the Donald stuff inside the state of Oregon. Thus, we see the "O" all over the place -- but Donald is never in the Capital One mascot contests, or anything else.

I was at the mall just the other day in Portland, OR, and I saw this same style hat and there was a Donald one. It was in with a set of other cartoon characters. It didn't say Oregon anywhere on it, so It might have been being sold as a "Disney Character" instead of a mascot. But if it was a mascot hat, that might explain why you can't find it online - that stuff is supposed to stay in state. Either way, the two Donalds look identical with out their hats on so it might as well have been for Oregon.

And I'm a student and I call him Donald. So does everyone else I know. Puddles is a dumb name.

I'm in Phoenix on vacation, went to the Coyotes game tonight (well, it's really yesterday now) and I saw the ASU version of these caps....wow. So, so stupid. Took me a second to realize that it was the Sparky guy's face. It just looked like a hat of a face with a moustache.

I never realized how much Sparky looks like Mr. Spacely.

Archived