NFL Playoffs

Cujo

What i'm about to say is juvinile and absurd and i'll look back on it and see what a childish thing it was to say...

however...

Ph-uck F-illy.

Signed,

Angry Giants Fan.

Now onto some legit comments.

The Giants failure today was in not changing their gameplan once it became apparent Eli was going to have a bad day. Instead of running the ball (in which they were having success), they would run, throw, throw, punt. It was a massive coaching failure on the Giants part.

The Steelers... well, if you have the ball all the time, you're going to win. Plain and simple.

Next Sunday... Well, the Cardinals have made believers out of me, and i think they can win. If they play the way they did thanksgiving night, i doubt it. However, the Cardinals are playing very differently now, and they are a fantastic home team (just who would have thought they would be HOSTING the damn championship?)

Baltimore and Pittsburgh is simple: Whoever beats the s--t out of the other guy more wins.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's going to be Steelers- Cards, Steelers winning. Whoever is in the SB though, I think the AFC will win.

but anyway,

GO EAGLES!!!

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

and thus it has come to this.

They haven't always been failures. However, they've been weak more often than not. And when they have succeeded, it's been fleeting. So yes, the fact that the epitome of football futility, the Arizona Cardinals, are on the cusp of their first Super Bowl...I know one thing, if "any given Sunday" doesn't mean :censored: to you now, it never will.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

As a Browns fan this suck on the AFC side. I hate both teams, so who should I want to see make it to the SB?

Who do you hate more, your old favorite team or the team who you devote your username to say they suck?

I've had a few hours to think about this and I'm going with the Ravens. Only 1 player left from their days in Cleveland & evil Art only owns 1% of them. To me it's the lesser of 2 evils.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I know some were on here complaining about Mike Tomlin playing his starters the last week, but guess what, The Steelers are the only team with a bye remaining.

Last year the Giants and Pats played the starters in Week 16 and guess what they met in the Super Bowl, I think taking Week 17 off is proving to be a mistake.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I know some were on here complaining about Mike Tomlin playing his starters the last week, but guess what, The Steelers are the only team with a bye remaining.

Last year the Giants and Pats played the starters in Week 16 and guess what they met in the Super Bowl, I think taking Week 17 off is proving to be a mistake.

Not to mention all those year the Colts rested their starters and were quickly ousted. The one year they didn't they won the Super Bowl.

If you don't have that bye I can see resting players week 17. But if you do you should play. You have the bye to rest up for any possible injuries. Players aren't used to 2 full weeks off and rust builds.

The Superbowl should have the best teams in the league, not teams that barley made the playoffs. Go Steelers.

It really doesn't matter how you get in, just that you get in. The Steelers wouldn't have won their most recent Super Bowl based on that logic. lol.

Thats why I didn't want the Steelers to win the Super bowl that year. I feel that the Super Bowl winner should be the best team in the league. I don't know how anyone could argue the Cardinals or Eagles being the best teams in the league.

So under that logic they should just play the season. After it over no playoffs. The team with the best records in the AFC & NFC would just meet in the Super Bowl.

He's a Steelers fan. You're looking for logic where none exists.

Please do not use one person's somewhat dumb statement to generalize about the whole fanbase of the team they are rooting for.

Thanks.

I'm a Browns fan. He's a Steelers fan. What else did you expect? You're looking for civility where none exists. :D

BB52Big.jpg

NFC: I don't care who wins though I'd prefer to see the Cardinals just because the Cardinals in the super bowl would be crazy.

AFC: I hope and pray the Pittsburgh Steelers lose and lose badly to the Baltimore Ravens. I don't know what I'll do if I have to watch the Steelers win another super bowl nevermind having to listen to my relatives next thanksgiving and christmas.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Here's how I'd like to see this thing play out.

Scenario One: Cardinals win NFC and play Baltimore. It will be without a doubt the ugliest uniform match-up in Super Bowl history. Larry Fitzgerald wins SB MVP and during the postgame coverage an ESPN reporter asks him if he knows where they could find someone from the winning team.

Scenario Two: Philly plays Baltimore. Donovan McNabb wins SB MVP. During the postgame coverage McNabb tells all of Philly to go :censored: itself and demands a trade.

Scenario Three: Arizona kicks the :censored: out of Pittsburgh. Warner wins SB MVP. During the postgame coverage Warner explains to ESPN that The Cardinals were once in St. Louis but no they did not change uniforms and he hasn't played for The Rams in a while.

Scenario Four: Philly beats Pittsburgh. McNabb wins SB MVP. During the postgame coverage McNabb tells all of Philly to go :censored: itself and demands a trade then yells "that was win was for you Seattle!"

BB52Big.jpg

Brendan is a Seahawks fan. He's going for them because they're the "best" team remaining.

Thank you for clarifying that TFOA.

All I'm saying is that I'd rather see Goliath vs Goliath, rather than David vs David. That doesn't mean I want the playoffs to be eliminated, or anything like that.

Here's how I'd like to see this thing play out.

Scenario One: Cardinals win NFC and play Baltimore. It will be without a doubt the ugliest uniform match-up in Super Bowl history. Larry Fitzgerald wins SB MVP and during the postgame coverage an ESPN reporter asks him if he knows where they could find someone from the winning team.

Scenario Two: Philly plays Baltimore. Donovan McNabb wins SB MVP. During the postgame coverage McNabb tells all of Philly to go :censored: itself and demands a trade.

Scenario Three: Arizona kicks the :censored: out of Pittsburgh. Warner wins SB MVP. During the postgame coverage Warner explains to ESPN that The Cardinals were once in St. Louis but no they did not change uniforms and he hasn't played for The Rams in a while.

Scenario Four: Philly beats Pittsburgh. McNabb wins SB MVP. During the postgame coverage McNabb tells all of Philly to go :censored: itself and demands a trade then yells "that was win was for you Seattle!"

Scenario Five: Pittsburgh beats Baltimore and dedicates the win to Browns fans everywhere. Frankly beyond that and despite having lived in the Pittsburgh area for over a decade, I don't care about the SB outcome.

Seriously though...

If it's Baltimore-Arizona, I like the Cards chances. I probably wouldn't bother to watch the game, but I'd like the Cards.

If it's Baltimore-Philadelphia, Baltimore would probably find a way to win. Philly fan's cursed.

If it's Pittsburgh-Arizona, the Steelers get their sixth SB title. Whisenhunt's redemption aside, Pittsburgh's the better overall team IMHO.

If it's Pittsburgh-Philadelphia, all hell breaks loose for two weeks in Pennsylvania. Ultimately though the Steelers win, giving Philly fan something extra to bitch about for years.

nav-logo.png

Archived