NFL Playoffs

Cujo

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Cardinals win, are they automatically on the road in the NFC Championship, or does it depend on the winner?

The Eagles have a half-game better record, but the Cardinals are Division Champions. I just can't remember and can't find it anywhere.

Here's a scenario that would've left you scratching your head back at Thanksgiving: If the Cardinals hold on to win, and the Eagles go to the Meadowlands and beat New York, then the Cardinals would HOST the Eagles in the NFCCG and a rematch of the Thanksgiving NFL Nightcap.

It's amazing that this is even possible.

Correct. Arizona is the #4 seed and therefore will host. The same idea applies if the San Diego wins tomorrow. Division champs will host a wildcard team regardless of season record

If the Cardinals win, are they automatically on the road in the NFC Championship, or does it depend on the winner?

The Eagles have a half-game better record, but the Cardinals are Division Champions. I just can't remember and can't find it anywhere.

Here's a scenario that would've left you scratching your head back at Thanksgiving: If the Cardinals hold on to win, and the Eagles go to the Meadowlands and beat New York, then the Cardinals would HOST the Eagles in the NFCCG and a rematch of the Thanksgiving NFL Nightcap.

Too bad this scenario didn't happen last season. That would mean they would have had chance to play for the Super Bowl at home.

I saw, I came, I left.

Jake Delhomme has thrown 5 INTs, compared to completing only 11 passes to the guys in black. That is amazingly bad.

And I'm hoping for Cardinals' fans sake that they actually buy the tickets up. The last thing that they need IF they end up hosting it is for UoP to turn midnight green.

Correct. Arizona is the #4 seed and therefore will host. The same idea applies if the San Diego wins tomorrow. Division champs will host a wildcard team regardless of season record

I'd like to see both happen, just so the ESPN talking heads explode.

BTW...5 picks for Jake. Happy Birthday.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Jake Delhomme has thrown 5 INTs, compared to completing only 11 passes to the guys in black. That is amazingly bad.

Is it possible to have a negative QB rating?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd like to see both happen, just so the ESPN talking heads explode.

BTW...5 picks for Jake. Happy Birthday.

I'm definitely pulling for Philly to win tomorrow. How hilarious would an NFC Championship Game in Arizona be?

I'm definitely pulling for Philly to win tomorrow. How hilarious would an NFC Championship Game in Arizona be?

It would be epic. Go Chargers too. How great would it be to have an 8-8 team hosting the AFC Championship?

Lets have the first "one game over .500 between them" Super Bowl. Start printing the T-shirts. It's happening before our eyes.

ESPN and NBC must be :censored:-ting themselves right about now.

BB52Big.jpg

It would be epic. Go Chargers too. How great would it be to have an 8-8 team hosting the AFC Championship?

Lets have the first "one game over .500 between them" Super Bowl. Start printing the T-shirts. It's happening before our eyes.

ESPN and NBC must be :censored:-ting themselves right about now.

And do you know how much bitching would go on about how "The weaker team had an unfair advantage. What is an 8-8 or 9-7 team doing hosting games of that magnitude? This is ridiculous. This doesn't happen next year when we lobby for re-seeding and Tom Brady leads the Pats to 16-0 once again. Ridiculous."

That would be the best Super Bowl lead-up ever. One team that was dead in the water in Week 13, and another that won its division but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Since we're on this whole "weird matchup" deal right now regarding the Cardinals, how's bout this possible scenario:

Let's say the Cardinals do advance to the Super Bowl. Let's say the Steelers beat San Diego and then go on to beat Baltimore.

We'd then have Arizona vs. Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.

Why would that be "weird"?

Two words: Ken Whisenhunt.

Two more words: Russ Grimm.

So essentially we'd have the Whisenhunt Bowl.

Now bear in mind last season the Steelers went to visit the Cardinals...and got beat by those Cards. Just sayin...we saw how the Cards did Carolina tonight.

Again...just saying...

(Not that I'm tryna imply anything here...I'm just saying...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ravens 13, Titans 10

Yeah, it was a delay of game, but turnovers were the real reason why Tennessee isn't advancing to the AFC Championship Game.

Yea, also in the first matchup between the Titans and Ravens, the Titans won because of a bad roughing the passer call. It's kinda like payback. Plus they lost at least 9 points on turnovers.

It was a good game, but I've got to say the Ravens got very lucky. The defense didn't play great defense, but were able to get the turnovers in the redzone. And the offense was just horrible except for a few big plays. But I guess it's true what they say, I'd rather be lucky than good.

By far one of my biggest complaints against the Ravens this year is they've been way way too conservative on offense against tougher opponents. They try to force the run way too much early. Also they never seem to use Troy Smith and the "Suggs" package. I think thats a big reason why the Colts and Giants games were such blowouts, the offense was too conservative. Anyway, I guess its not much to complain about, because Flacco has yet to be sacked or throw an INT in the playoffs. The added risk of the Suggs package may have lost this game.

Finally, congrats to the Cardinals and their fans. Good to see them find success after so many tough years.

wow what a game, after the first posession for Carolina, the first thing I thought of was :censored:, this is going to end badly, but when Delhomme just kept on throwing it into Cardinals defenders hands, my confidence built up. This has to be the coolest and weirdest feeling as the Cardinals are in the NFC Championship. Now what does ESPN have to say?

I am now officially 0-6 this playoffs so far in teams I root for. Next week I'm rooting for the Cardinals, so they'll lose to the Giants, since I want the Eagles to win this game, and I will :regrettedly: have to root for the Ravens, who'll lose to the Steelers, who'll beat the Bolts, setting up a Steelers vs. Giants Super Bowl in which the Giants win. That would :censored: ing suck.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived