NFL Playoffs

Cujo

I know it's supposed to be a "Viking Horn" or whatever, but every time Minnesota does something productive I feel like I'm watching Jurassic Park and a T Rex is about to break through the wall and eat Adrian Peterson.

The Viking horn gets quite old after a while. Yet, it's nowhere near as irritating as the "In-com-plete!" chant used at Invesco Field after each and every incomplete pass by the opposition. That's gotta be one of the worst stadium gimmicks in all of football.

If Denver hadn't choked away the division, you would have heard that and the Viking horn this weekend. :P

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it's supposed to be a "Viking Horn" or whatever, but every time Minnesota does something productive I feel like I'm watching Jurassic Park and a T Rex is about to break through the wall and eat Adrian Peterson.

The Viking horn gets quite old after a while. Yet, it's nowhere near as irritating as the "In-com-plete!" chant used at Invesco Field after each and every incomplete pass by the opposition. That's gotta be one of the worst stadium gimmicks in all of football.

If Denver hadn't choked away the division, you would have heard that and the Viking horn this weekend. :P

lol

Could we watch a Pistons game too and hear Deeeeeeeeeeeeetroit Basketball ?

As for the Vikings if they had a mediocre QB they would be dangerous. Instead they have an awful QB and are about to be toast.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Anyone else find this Eagles Vikings matchup to be about as appealing as moldy bread?

Maybe thats why it (almost) didn't sell out. Did they ever get those 3,100 sold?

They did sell those tickets. The Falcons-Cardinals game was under the same scenario. I don't know if it was because of the match-up, Cardinals fans not knowing how purchasing playoff tickets work (I'm kidding about that one), or maybe even the economy hitting the season-ticket holders

No doubt everyone who bought those 3,100 tickets are kicking themselves now for (1) not putting that money to better use, such as kindling, and (2) lifting the blackout, and thereby taking away 3+ hours from the lives of untold millions of Minnesotans that they will never, ever get back.

CCSLC signature.png

Feh, I like the "In-com-plete" chant.

It serves it's purpose... keeps the crowd in the game.

What's really annoying is when fans spell out their teams name... :P

Just playing, I kind of like those chants.

IUe6Hvh.png

lol

Could we watch a Pistons game too and hear Deeeeeeeeeeeeetroit Basketball ?

Or Dolphin fans shouting "Bingo!" at random times during the game.....

The Divisional Round is now officially set as both 4 and 6 seeds in each conference have advanced.

American Football Conference

(6)Baltimore Ravens (11-5) at (1)Tennessee Titans (13-3)

(4)San Diego Chargers (8-8) at (2)Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)

National Football Conference

(6)Philadelphia Eagles (9-6-1) at (1)New York Giants (12-4)

(4)Arizona Cardinals (9-7) at (2)Carolina Panthers (12-4)

6uXNWAo.png

The Divisional Round is now officially set as both 4 and 6 seeds in each conference have advanced.

Hm...

I think the Ravens, Chargers, Giants, and Panthers win.

IUe6Hvh.png

For some reason every time they play that horn sound one of my cats jumps up and takes off running. Not like it scares her but like it's some sort of call to arms. She hears it and hunches down like she's on the hunt and then she takes off running around the room. It's really pretty funny to watch. Damnedest thing I've seen in a while and perhaps the most entertained I've ever been watching a Vikings game.

BB52Big.jpg

Anger.

The sig! The sig! :notworthy:(dance)

Any way, yeah the Vikes lost. It sucks. And for the record, the horn is for first downs, and is completely awesome!

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Hm...

I'm with you on three of the four... I've got Pittsburgh at home over San Diego though.

6uXNWAo.png

My predictions mean nothing now so........

Baltimore over Tennessee

San Diego over Pittsburgh

Arizona over Carolina

NY Giants over Philadelphia

And to me the viking horn sounds like the Lost monster from season 1

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Ravens

Chargers

Eagles

Cardinals

(if only so that I get to attend the NFC champ game. :P My grandpa has season tickets for the Cards (I was at the game and contrary to how you guys say it sounded on tv it was a pretty raucus crowd before during and even more so after the game) and he'll be in South America for the rest of the month LOL and I'd get his tix. Nevertheless, I think the Cards do have a very legitimate chance if they can continue to effectively use Edgerin James as a change up to the stellar passing game, Boldin heals that hammy strain properly, and the defense brings the same emotion they brought Saturday.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Hm...

I'm with you on three of the four... I've got Pittsburgh at home over San Diego though.

Yeah, that's the one I'm least confident about. And I hate the Chargers, so it's not bias... I just have a feeling about them.

IUe6Hvh.png

Anger.

The sig! The sig! :notworthy:(dance)

Any way, yeah the Vikes lost. It sucks. And for the record, the horn is for first downs, and is completely awesome!

I was relieved to find the Georgia Dome no longer plays the Falcon screech when they get a first down. Couldn't believe it when I heard that damn thing in one of the NFL video games (can't recall if it was Madden or 2K5).

About the officiating, the maddening thing about it is the inconsistency. There were several PI or illegal contact calls where the defender literally did nothing more than brush a receiver, yet several instances where DBs mauled guys trying to make catches and there's no call. I just don't get that. Not picking on the Falcons here, these are just some obvious ones I remember: NBC pointed out an obvious hold in the end zone by an Atlanta O-lineman, not called; later in the same game, a Falcon DB runs into a receiver running a quick slant and basically bear hugs him, the ball goes sailing past, no call. ???

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Hm...

Yeah, that's the one I'm least confident about. And I hate the Chargers, so it's not bias... I just have a feeling about them.

My logic: The Steelers beat the Chargers in Week 11 ... Pittsburgh's defense is second to none ... and they're playing at home in the dead of winter.

Kinda hard to go against that.

6uXNWAo.png

I swear the Pittsburgh Steelers are the luckiest :censored:ing team in the league. They're the number 2 seed yet they get to play a team that went 8-8 during the regular season because of the squirrely NFL playoff system. Meanwhile the team that dominated them and has been the best AFC team all season has to see the Baltimore Ravens who are very scary. It's not fair.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived