NFL Playoffs

Cujo

About the officiating, the maddening thing about it is the inconsistency. There were several PI or illegal contact calls where the defender literally did nothing more than brush a receiver, yet several instances where DBs mauled guys trying to make catches and there's no call. I just don't get that. Not picking on the Falcons here, these are just some obvious ones I remember: NBC pointed out an obvious hold in the end zone by an Atlanta O-lineman, not called; later in the same game, a Falcon DB runs into a receiver running a quick slant and basically bear hugs him, the ball goes sailing past, no call. ???

I agree 100%. Was I the only person who saw that blatant hold on Westbrook's 70 yard TD? A Vikings player was basically tackled from behind while he was chasing Westbrook during that play. Gotta love those NFL officials. The worst in all of sports.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
About the officiating, the maddening thing about it is the inconsistency. There were several PI or illegal contact calls where the defender literally did nothing more than brush a receiver, yet several instances where DBs mauled guys trying to make catches and there's no call. I just don't get that. Not picking on the Falcons here, these are just some obvious ones I remember: NBC pointed out an obvious hold in the end zone by an Atlanta O-lineman, not called; later in the same game, a Falcon DB runs into a receiver running a quick slant and basically bear hugs him, the ball goes sailing past, no call. ???

I agree 100%. Was I the only person who saw that blatant hold on Westbrook's 70 yard TD? A Vikings player was basically tackled from behind while he was chasing Westbrook during that play. Gotta love those NFL officials. The worst in all of sports.

I forgot the blocked extra point by the Ravens too. Even from the end-zone view it appeared the guy who blocked it was clearly offsides. Speaking of offsides, even a Falcons-hater like me has to admit the Cardinals sure were quick off the ball and several times they looked offsides but nothing was called.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Ravens 13, Titans 10

Yeah, it was a delay of game, but turnovers were the real reason why Tennessee isn't advancing to the AFC Championship Game.

So much for the resurrection of Kerry Collins. :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

And from jump street, it seems like the Cardinals don't have their "key" tonight. Carolina's running game just shredded them on the first possession.

It looks bad for the fighting Warners early.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ravens 13, Titans 10

Yeah, it was a delay of game, but turnovers were the real reason why Tennessee isn't advancing to the AFC Championship Game.

So much for the resurrection of Kerry Collins. :rolleyes:

... and Cinco de Flacco comes through again! :D

I saw, I came, I left.

OK, just to be first and not to see a thread on Sports Logos, which we may in 5 minutes.

PANTHERS IN BLACK AT HOME FOR FIRST TIME IN THE NFL PLAYOFFS!!!

I'm done. Back to general playoff talk.

It's pretty amazing that this is their 11th playoff game all time and they've never worn black before. I'm glad to see they didn't pull a San Diego and go with their light blues for the playoffs.

PvO6ZWJ.png

OK, just to be first and not to see a thread on Sports Logos, which we may in 5 minutes.

PANTHERS IN BLACK AT HOME FOR FIRST TIME IN THE NFL PLAYOFFS!!!

I'm done. Back to general playoff talk.

It's pretty amazing that this is their 11th playoff game all time and they've never worn black before. I'm glad to see they didn't pull a San Diego and go with their light blues for the playoffs.

And at this rate they'll never wear black again in the playoffs.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I guess they don't need the key when you've got Delhomme tossing the ball to them at will. ^_^

The Panthers are in a DEEP hole now. The last team that I'd want to be behind 20 against would be the Cardinals. They can keep on scoring all night.

LMAO @ Larry Fitzgerald breaking a franchise single-game playoff record for receiving yards already...(not really saying much but it's still a record.)

I'm following this here game on NFL GameCast since I can't get to a TV right now, so I can't exactly see the action, but..

...from the looks of things, Arizona is straight-up beasting them Panthers! Or are the Panthers playing with their tails between their legs?

Quick stat wrap: Jake Delhomme- 2 turnovers (1 FUM, 1 INT.) Larry Fitzgerald, as of this posting, is ALREADY over 100 yards receiving, at 22.

*EDIT* Make that, in the middle of me posting this, 151 yards receiving! 26-7 Cardinals.

Oh--and the 'Zona D has two picks already. That'll help you win a game.

Oh--and all this is WITHOUT Boldin (as far as I can see.)

I, for one, hope Zona whup Carolina's ASSES so we can quit hearing about how this team can't cut it with the big boys--and on the East Coast. AND...I hope both NYG and PHL are taking notes, cuz um uh...yeah. The Greatest Show on Turf has been reinvigorated. It now wears Deep Claret.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm following this here game on NFL GameCast since I can't get to a TV right now, so I can't exactly see the action, but..

...from the looks of things, Arizona is straight-up beasting them Panthers! Or are the Panthers playing with their tails between their legs?

Delhomme picked a very bad time to start playing terribly. He damn near turned it over again, threw a near INT on their last 3rd down.

I just tuned into the game and the first thing that came to mind was 'This has to be a typo, right?'

Guess not. Arizona has taken advantage of Carolina turning it over often and a sure fire offense. Now, we won't know what could happen, but for Arizona to come in and take Carolina to the woodshed is somewhat of a shocker.

This just in... Larry Fitzgerald is pretty good.

Umm, ya think?! ^_^

I knew Cards had a decent shot at winning this game on the road -- but no way did I imagine they'd be up 27-7 at the half!

6uXNWAo.png

If the Cardinals win, are they automatically on the road in the NFC Championship, or does it depend on the winner?

The Eagles have a half-game better record, but the Cardinals are Division Champions. I just can't remember and can't find it anywhere.

Here's a scenario that would've left you scratching your head back at Thanksgiving: If the Cardinals hold on to win, and the Eagles go to the Meadowlands and beat New York, then the Cardinals would HOST the Eagles in the NFCCG and a rematch of the Thanksgiving NFL Nightcap.

It's amazing that this is even possible.

Archived