MLB Network

NJTank

I got a feeling this channel will be the best of the four major sports.

They are showing Don Larsen's perfect game, and they just showed a live commercial from 1956 for Gillette by Mel Allen.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I got a feeling this channel will be the best of the four major sports.

They are showing Don Larsen's perfect game, and they just showed a live commercial from 1956 for Gillette by Mel Allen.

I almost forgot about MLB Network debuting today...I'm checking out this same game.

Wow, this is fantastic. I'm shocked that it's not on a sports tier.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Let's put this right up there with the Golf Network as a channel that will put me to sleep.

And stop posting in threads that you obviously have no interest in. It's quite the simple concept, really.

Let's put this right up there with the Golf Network as a channel that will put me to sleep.

And stop posting in threads that you obviously have no interest in. It's quite the simple concept, really.

Crazy hat man walk through tunnel to light rope on fire for kill whale man with bubbles. Yummy.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

What you guys missed if you were not there for the countdown to the first live programming at 6pm eastern, was a "Jersey Number Game"-style countdown of the final thirty seconds to Bud Selig's message launching the channel.

Started from 30 - Nolan Ryan, right down to 1 - Ozzie Smith.

Then, this:

vlcsnap1681144dl9.jpg

image taken from a thread on this message board - I wish I could do captures like this on things I can see on screens

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

What you guys missed if you were not there for the countdown to the first live programming at 6pm eastern, was a "Jersey Number Game"-style countdown of the final thirty seconds to Bud Selig's message launching the channel.

Started from 30 - Nolan Ryan, right down to 1 - Ozzie Smith.

Then, this:

vlcsnap1681144dl9.jpg

image taken from a thread on this message board - I wish I could do captures like this on things I can see on screens

Those baseballs in the background appear to be from... 95? 96? But there is a Nationals one thrown in there.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Love this channel. No complaints thus far. Hot Stove was great and watching Larsen's game was amazing, especially as a Yankee fan. Mel Allen was great and it was cool to hear Bob Sheppard and Vin Scully in their younger days. Seeing the likes of Billy Martin, Yogi Berra, Duke Snider, Hank Bauer, Jackie Robinson, and Mickey Mantle play was unbelievable.

Tampa Bay Everybody Loves Rays

Go 'Nova | Go Irish

I wish I got this. I hope Dish Network gets it soon. They did so well for me for a year and a half and have really let me down the last couple months (no local HD...had to buy freakin' rabbit ears and now no MLB TV) Good thing I signed up for another 18 months when I upgraded to HD! :rolleyes:

Now the world can experience the Hazel Mae!

Hmm, speaking of her... where's that "fap" smiley that Lee uses?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Love this channel. No complaints thus far. Hot Stove was great and watching Larsen's game was amazing, especially as a Yankee fan. Mel Allen was great and it was cool to hear Bob Sheppard and Vin Scully in their younger days. Seeing the likes of Billy Martin, Yogi Berra, Duke Snider, Hank Bauer, Jackie Robinson, and Mickey Mantle play was unbelievable.

I could not agree more. I was watching a little bit and it hit me. I am watching Yogi Berra catch while Jackie Robinson is at the plate. Roy Campanella catching Sal "The Barber" Maglie. Gil Hodges, Duke Snider, Mantle...I was in baseball heaven. It's one thing to see all the old highlights. Seeing these guys play an actual game was just wonderful.

I hope they do a ton more of these old games. One night in and I'm already hooked.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah I think the channel is pretty awesome. I was really entertained by Hot Stove and it was neat seeing Larson's perfect game. But what really has me excited is the MLB Tonight once the season starts. Live look-ins with every game (they have their own cameras in each park) and coverage that continues till the night's games end. It is gonna be awesome. I really hope they give ESPN and Baseball Tonight a run for their money.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

You know MLB.com templates aren't working when an big article on how "MLB Network couldn't be easier to find in your area" on bluejays.ca fails to mention the network is unavailable in Canada and their "find MLB Network in your area" box is for zip codes only.

It's so simple!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived