MLB Network

NJTank

Just saw they're going to be showing episodes of Ken Burns' Baseball documentary on Tuesday nights. I remember watching it as a kid, how it kept me going during the strike, and I'm eager to see how it has stood the test of time. It would also be fascinating to see how they would cover the last 14+ years since the documentary was aired.

What you guys missed if you were not there for the countdown to the first live programming at 6pm eastern, was a "Jersey Number Game"-style countdown of the final thirty seconds to Bud Selig's message launching the channel.

Started from 30 - Nolan Ryan, right down to 1 - Ozzie Smith.

Then, this:

vlcsnap1681144dl9.jpg

image taken from a thread on this message board - I wish I could do captures like this on things I can see on screens

Those baseballs in the background appear to be from... 95? 96? But there is a Nationals one thrown in there.

I also see a Rays one. I think?(2nd one on bottom row)

Those baseballs in the background appear to be from... 95? 96? But there is a Nationals one thrown in there.

I also see a Rays one. I think?(2nd one on bottom row)

Those baseballs are probably from '93/'94, with an update to include the Devil Rays and Diamondbacks in '98. Made by Spinneybeck, the first time I saw them was in a Sharper Image catalog. I have seen an old Indians one (block Indians type, pre-cursive unis) and a blue/yellow Brewers version (notice in the pic the Brewers' baseball is navy and green). I personally have an Astros and a Tigers one...wish I had bought more when I had the chance. Retail was around $15-20. Extremely hard to find now.

Chris, the Nationals baseball in that picture is plain white with a team logo. Raysox, the ball I believe you have in mind is actually a Mariners ball, with "Seattle" printed on it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

First thing's first, Hazel Mae gets my early vote for sportswoman of the year in 2009

..................................now back to the topic

top 4 league networks for major 4 pro sports leagues

1.NFL Network- Rich Eisen, Deion and Mooch still makes the network and Michelle Beisner on starting 11

2. NBA TV- Rick Kamla is an underrated anchor and Ahmad's continuous crownnosing to MJ still annoys me and I love the NBA Hardwood Classics.

3.MLB Network- Hazel Mae nuff said and MLBN is just getting started

4. NHL Network- Love the classic games, need barry melrose on the network

my top College networks

1.ESPNU- Love those recruiting shows

2. CBS SPORTS COLLEGE- no more navy and the network can be good

3. BIG TEN NETWORK- finest moment on BTN APP STATE beating MICHIGAN

4.MOUNTAIN WEST SPORTS NETWORK- need to watch more of it

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

I've been looking foward to this for a long time. I'm really hoping they also have some coverage of international baseball. I know there doing some WBC programming, but I'd like to see some stuff that covers things on non-WBC years. It be cool to see footage of some international prospects as well as coverage of the European leagues/players.

I've been looking foward to this for a long time. I'm really hoping they also have some coverage of international baseball. I know there doing some WBC programming, but I'd like to see some stuff that covers things on non-WBC years. It be cool to see footage of some international prospects as well as coverage of the European leagues/players.

I have never understood why ESPN or someone hasn't come up with some sort of Japanese Baseball package. Maybe a game of the week or something. Especially these days with all the Japanese guys in the big leagues. I know I'd watch it.

I'd also like to see MLB Network carry some minor league games too.

BB52Big.jpg

You may need to buy the sports pack with Comcast. I get and its worth it because now I get NFL Network, MLB, NHL, NBA, ESPN Classic, along with a few others for $3.99 a month.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Do you have to pay extra for the MLB Network? I have Comcast and when I go to the channel, it says "not authorized". Can anyone help me?

I am a Comcast subscriber, with no sports pack, and am currently getting the network. I believe part of the deal of getting MLB Network into 50,000,000 households at launch meant that Comcast would make it available on a digital tier that didn't require a sports pack. Plus, with Comcast having an ownership stake in the network, it's in their interest to make MLBN available to as many eyeballs as possible.

I'm also in Joe Buck overkill mode now, having just gone through watching the Eagle playoff game, and using MLB Network as the channel to flip to when the Eagles game was in commercial.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

• 2 months later...
Do you have to pay extra for the MLB Network? I have Comcast and when I go to the channel, it says "not authorized". Can anyone help me?

I am a Comcast subscriber, with no sports pack, and am currently getting the network. I believe part of the deal of getting MLB Network into 50,000,000 households at launch meant that Comcast would make it available on a digital tier that didn't require a sports pack. Plus, with Comcast having an ownership stake in the network, it's in their interest to make MLBN available to as many eyeballs as possible.

I'm also in Joe Buck overkill mode now, having just gone through watching the Eagle playoff game, and using MLB Network as the channel to flip to when the Eagles game was in commercial.

Comcast subscriber here as well (ugh) and also get it for free, but for whatever reason I'm not receiving the HD feed which is a bit annoying. What's the deal with that?

Comcast subscriber here as well (ugh) and also get it for free, but for whatever reason I'm not receiving the HD feed which is a bit annoying. What's the deal with that?

You mean you don't get the 100 of Comcast HD choices either wow that's odd.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived