Green

stimpy

Interesting--I did several green unis--one of my favorites was Boston-

boston_green.JPG

I like the yellow still in there better--but that's not to put your work down, because I like it.

Another one I liked was the Oilers-

oiler_green.JPG

So keep yours going--I may repost some of mine as well.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

(It drives me crazy when people use my template and don't erase the extra lines on my jersey, but anyways...)

IMO, green is one of those delicate colors that when don't correctly, works great and when done poorly, or if you use the wrong shade, it just looks really really bad. (The Wild and, to a slightly lesser extent, the Eagles are two glaring examples.) And probably the one reason you don't see it more is because the teams names and logos don't need it nor could they fit it anywhere into the scheme. (And in the case of the Devils, the black clearly looks better.)

The only three teams that look good in green are the Celtics, Packers and Athletics. Every other one either just looks bland or downright ugly!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

i guess they are bad...its ok i guess and sorry for not erasing the lines...i didnt know it was such a big deal...i told you why it looks weird though oh well i guess ill have to try something differnt...

I dont know where to begin stimpy but you really oughta sharpen your skills some. If these are first attempts its not too bad but none of these look very good at all, and worse off its messy.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

(It drives me crazy when people use my template and don't erase the extra lines on my jersey, but anyways...)

which I why I just use the pre-made NHL jersey templates and remove the color and such ^_^

For examples of this see my post above. I think many of the people here don't do these though because they're too easy.

Oh and I think there are CFL fans who would add one or two other teams who look good in green--Now I've never been a fan of the Eskimo's green, but the Roughriders look pretty good (except maybe to SyPhi)--Hmmm where's that Bomber template?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Green is one of those colours that you have to truely appreaciate and be able tocompliment in order for it to be used in a colour scheme. The Boston Celtics and Okland Atheltics are the only two temas IMO that have been able to pull it off... not that it is a bad colour, but when used improperly, id totally inefective

for your concepts stimp, the bruins is pretty ok, i'f make the logo smaller, but the preds and carolina I just don't mix with, there has to be some break up, the over-all execution is too dark to see the details within, which are not bad, they just need some accents ^_^

I actually like green, and wouldn't mind seeingit more, but you guys are absolutely right when you say it can easily be used poorly with a bad tone, r application. Now, the eagles i like, they just need their jerseys tweaked to match the helmets, and they'd look awesome. The packers are just an an aquired taste I believe. One of the problems is, sometimes when green would work, the teams go teal, which in my opinion is one of the worst colors in sports. Pink is the only color less fiting to sports than teal.

I love to see an NHL team go back to a green and blue template, a la Whalers.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

(The Wild and, to a slightly lesser extent, the Eagles are two glaring examples.)

i happen to think the wild have one of the best uni combos in the nhl. i dont see what the problem with their green is. same goes for the eagles. the only green that looks bad is neon green, as teh hawks and blue jackets proved. other then that, green works.

I like the Wild's green, but I really think they should eliminate the red from the jeresy. I know it's just my concept, but I really think green and a light brown would be good colors for the Wild...

wild_home.jpg

teal can be held in the same regard as green, in that its looks great when applied the right way, and is flat out horrible when done the wrong way.

teal or aqua works best when applied to a team that has a nickname following a marine life or nautical theme

such as:

San Jose Sharks

Florida Marlins

Miami Dolphins

Seattle Mariners

however making something teal just to be "different" thats a whole other can of worms. Teams that just seem to have thrown it on there and got a horrible look out of it:

Charlotte/New Orleans Hornets

Memphis Grizzlies

Utah Jazz

Jacksonville Jaguars

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (the "jade" can actually be considered an aqua of sorts)

NY Islanders fisherman uniforms

and lest we forget the Detroit Pistons ill advised experiment with it?

now as far as green goes, Im surprised nobody has mentioned the New York Jets. They make green work about as well as any team in sports. The Eagles green is a unique color and works very well for them.

the main reason why I feel we dont see more green is that it doesnt work well with most other colors as a combo. it works best with a yellow, black, silver, or by itself. on occasion it could work with blue and red but not often, and purple and orange even less so.

the gist of it is, any color with the obvious exceptions of black, red, royal blue and navy blue, is good when only applied by a handful of teams rather then having a bunch of teams decided to use it just because it works for certain teams and find out it dont work for them

and you all may like brown now seeing as only one team wears it. but if a bunch of other teams decided to go to it just to be "different" you would start to see how bad it is. one team in brown is enough, and thats only because of the name of the team.

the padres should go back to brown. their new identity is to brewers-ish. that an dit dosnt reflect the name "padres." brown did because the padres of spanish mexico wore brown robes. how about a brown and kahaki concept for the padres?

Archived