Pro team Championship Belts

Gary

Wow. Over the top tacky.

Couldn't disagree more. That belt is 100% pure class! I love that they went the extra mile and added the Titans word mark where the snaps are.

They need to update the NFL logo though!

I wasn't referring to that belt specifically. It was a general statement regarding all of them.

I was just about ready to post: wow, something that everyone here actually likes! All except one is still pretty good though... :grin:

I think these are great. There's just something about a huge gold belt that is awesome...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking at KTAR's website today(and may I add my future home as soon as my contract runs out) and looking at the photos they have posted, I noticed something very cool Bertrand Berry holding the "Sack Champ" Belt

135190.jpg

135188.jpg

135187.jpg

My question is, does anyone other team have any kind of belt to celebrate an achievement or just for fun?

It is my understanding that this tradition (at least in terms of a "sack champion" in the NFL) was started by former Titan and current AZ Cardinal Travis LaBoy. He started the tradition as an incentive for teammates and to raise money for his foundation.

Both the Titan belt and Cardinal belt are featured on his site.

http://www.travislaboyfoundation.org/

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

As a noted Vol-basher, I don't enjoy saying this, but the UTK belt is pretty sweet. Gotta love the color choices, the old-school logo (I love the new Smokey set, and the power T is iconic, but this simply works best), the ribbons and the white color for legibility. Very nice.

Although, I have two questions. 1) What are on the side medallions? And 2) What was this belt for? A fan? The 1998 National championship?

Quick Edit: Click the link. Bah. The side medallions degrade it a bit. And it's for a specific person.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

That is sweet!

Rasheed Wallace bought the Pistons WWE whc belts after they won the 2004 NBA Title. If I won a major sports championship I'd get a custom belt!

Ben.jpgSheed.jpg

-Dan

And on the note of former Tar Heels in championship belts, here's my all-time favorite: David Noel's intro at Midnight Madness the year after the 2005 NCAA Championship.

262823.jpg

LOL, everybody loves the old WCW belt/WWE World Heavyweight Championship belt. Can't blame them either.

BTW, I think the whole championship belt thing is tacky, but the designs that have been churned out are awesome. (I feel the same way about the WWECW belt.) Especially the Titans belt!

sportsbanner-single.jpg

LOL, everybody loves the old WCW belt/WWE World Heavyweight Championship belt. Can't blame them either.

Simply put, it's the greatest championship belt ever designed :D

(Though it's current competition, the WWE Championship spinner belt, isn't giving it that much of a run for its money)

Looking at KTAR's website today(and may I add my future home as soon as my contract runs out) and looking at the photos they have posted, I noticed something very cool Bertrand Berry holding the "Sack Champ" Belt

135190.jpg

135188.jpg

135187.jpg

My question is, does anyone other team have any kind of belt to celebrate an achievement or just for fun?

*waits for the inevitable Julius Peppers run-in*

Archived