2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

And now for something different....

Fans of teams with International League affiliates. Which of the following teams would be the best to watch (ie most talented/loaded with prospects/etc.)

Pawtucket

Toledo

Louisville

Buffalo

Charlotte

Columbus

Lehigh Valley

Gwinnet

Durham

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Phillies are undefeated since meeting with President Obama. They've only played the Nationals since the White House visit. Surely that's just coincidence :upside:

You're welcome. No wonder the Phils are 7-2 against the Nats.

I would say DC Fans deserve better, but losing baseball in Washington is a grand tradition.

Instead of Washington First in War, First in Peace, and last in the American League. its last in the NL East.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Fans of teams with International League affiliates. Which of the following teams would be the best to watch (ie most talented/loaded with prospects/etc.)

Pawtucket

Toledo

Louisville

Buffalo

Charlotte

Columbus

Lehigh Valley

Gwinnet

Durham

Not the Bisons with the Mets. They were good with the Indians, but now that they changed affiliates they are lost, pathetic team.

saBS.png

Pawtucket

Toledo

Louisville

Buffalo

Charlotte

Columbus

Lehigh Valley

Gwinnet

Durham

Durham. Gwinett's gonna be empty in a couple of years when all the REALLY good players (Hanson, Medlen, and Heyward to name a few) are gone. With the way that Tampa cultivates their minor league talent, Durham would actually be fun to watch.

Pawtucket

Toledo

Louisville

Buffalo

Charlotte

Columbus

Lehigh Valley

Gwinnet

Durham

Not the Bisons with the Mets. They were good with the Indians, but now that they changed affiliates they are lost, pathetic team.

Sad but true the Mets farm system is barren

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Pawtucket

Toledo

Louisville

Buffalo

Charlotte

Columbus

Lehigh Valley

Gwinnet

Durham

Durham. Gwinett's gonna be empty in a couple of years when all the REALLY good players (Hanson, Medlen, and Heyward to name a few) are gone. With the way that Tampa cultivates their minor league talent, Durham would actually be fun to watch.

But who would be the better team to watch this year?

I'm asking this because, since I'm staying in Indiana this summer, I am planning on taking a day trip into Indianapolis to watch an Indians game (among other things) and figure I should maximize the baseball watching bang for my buck. Especially since the Indianapolis crew is the same bunch that closed out the exhibition season by losing to a community college.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Pawtucket

Toledo

Louisville

Buffalo

Charlotte

Columbus

Lehigh Valley

Gwinnet

Durham

But who would be the better team to watch this year?

I'm asking this because, since I'm staying in Indiana this summer, I am planning on taking a day trip into Indianapolis to watch an Indians game (among other things) and figure I should maximize the baseball watching bang for my buck. Especially since the Indianapolis crew is the same bunch that closed out the exhibition season by losing to a community college.

Durham, especially if you can manage to see them when Price is pitching/before he gets called up.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Well...the Durham series is the end of July, so I doubt he'll still be there by then, but it sounds like I should get tickets for one of those games anyway.

Today, we are all otaku.

Definitely not Lehigh Valley. Just lost their eighth straight tonight, falling to Gwinnett. Especially impressive is that the AAA Braves took the lead on a "rehabbing" JC Romero. Today was the first day he was eligible to pitch in the minors per the terms of his suspension.

That's okay - he can work out the kinks at the AAA level and it's only 14 games until Romero can take up residents in the bullpen of the defending World Series Champions.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Congratulations to Big Papi on hitting his first home run of the 2009 season.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Great. Now if he can do this for the next few games, I'll be happy and he will be re-inserted into my starting lineup post-haste.

If not, then in the words of Derrick Coleman..."Whoop-dee-damn-doo."

Dear Nationals,

For the love of Walter Johnson, could you not drop three straight to the Pirates? We're talking about a team who hasn't had a winning season since 1992. Could you maybe win tomorrow night so you can have a shred of dignity? Please?

The Pirates are actually going to be somewhat decent this year. Not gonna happen, Capp. :(

Dear Nationals,

For the love of Walter Johnson, could you not drop three straight to the Pirates? We're talking about a team who hasn't had a winning season since 1992. Could you maybe win tomorrow night so you can have a shred of dignity? Please?

The Pirates are actually going to be somewhat decent this year. Not gonna happen, Capp. :(

Well the good news is that they i) didn't score 5 or more runs and lost and ii) the middle relievers (in this case Villone) didn't implode.

If (dare I say When) the Nats go winless during this homestand, hope they shakeup the managerial positions.

Archived