2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy :censored:, they ended up winning that game? I was following it and thought that they had no chance. Wow, props to the Rays for that win.

[Required homer post from TFoA]

Braves won with a game-winning sac fly tonight, getting a hold on 2nd place. 1.5 games out of first (maybe closer if Lincecum helps us out tonight.). 1st place after April is so foreign.

Braves won with a game-winning sac fly tonight, getting a hold on 2nd place. 1.5 games out of first (maybe closer if Lincecum helps us out tonight.). 1st place after April is so foreign.

aand Medlen is being called up, sending Jo-Jo to the bullpen. Bout freakin time.

braves.com story

Not a bad day.

Go Giants.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

Holy :censored:, they ended up winning that game? I was following it and thought that they had no chance. Wow, props to the Rays for that win.

^_^

Nice comeback against Lincecum for the Mets

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

^_^

Nice comeback against Lincecum for the Mets

Now why do you (and the Mets) have to go and ruin our fun? :)

In other news, if the Bravos wanna win this thing, they have to improve their home record (worst in baseball) and they need to hit more home runs at home (7...I think) because they sure are not going to steal any bases. haha.

Why kevin gregg is still the cubs closer is beyond me. comes in with a 4 run lead in the 9th, and blows it. not even a save oppurtunity. back to back homers then loads up the bases. enter aaron heilmen. gives up a single. 2 runs score. then he gets out of the inning. god dammit, kevin gregg! everyone wants marmol

but its okay, soriano's got it covered

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Why kevin gregg is still the cubs closer is beyond me.

The Cubs want to market him as the white Horace Grant.

They're almost as bad as Chicago is in Toronto :D

The White Sox don't really look good anywhere.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This year I wont feel like a homer if I vote for a bunch of Rangers as All Stars. :D

Haha

I've been filling out about 30 ballots a day at work, voting for only Blue Jays players in the AL, and for once I don't feel bad about it :D

1zqy8ok.gif

This year I wont feel like a homer if I vote for a bunch of Rangers as All Stars. :D

Rangers won their sixth in a row today. As it sits now, they're the 2nd seed in the playoffs! ;) Only 120 more games to go...

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The Marlins are 11-1. I know a lot of people think April doesn't mean much but getting 10 games over .500 this early makes it a lot easier to contend all year long. Hell, if they only play .500 ball for the rest of the season they'll still end up with 86 wins. Just saying...

So much for that theory.

BB52Big.jpg

Rangers won their sixth in a row today. As it sits now, they're the 2nd seed in the playoffs! ;) Only 120 more games to go...

Yeah, it doesn't exactly hurt their chances when the opponent's starter is thrown out after 2 pitches on his first start of the year after being brought off the DL.

VmWIn6B.png

Honestly, with the way that the Braves run bases, I wouldn't want them to steal. I don't know about any of the other teams, but the Braves may be one of the dumbest base-running teams in the bigs. There's been a multitude of base-running errors. I hope that's over with now that they're actually playing good baseball, but it's probably not.

But yeah, Schafer has the potential to be one of the main base-stealers on the team. Too bad he's hit the rookie wall just a month into his career. :P

Usually base-running is one of the Braves' stronger points. I don't know what's happened....

In last night's game, the Braves had runners at first and third, and Arizona's pitcher tried that old "fake to third, throw to first" pick-off move that everyone says doesn't work. Not only does Chipper get picked off first base in a run-down, Arizona's first-baseman throws the ball to third base, and picks off Escobar, as he wandered just a bit too far off third base. The Dianmondbacks got two outs on one pick-off move.

Unbelievable.

Yeah, it doesn't exactly hurt their chances when the opponent's starter is thrown out after 2 pitches on his first start of the year after being brought off the DL.

anyone see lackey get thrown out after 2pitches!?

...which is EXACTLY why I don't want them attempting to steal bases (I think Chipper attempted to steal a base and got caught (of course.). If they're being picked off by terrible pick-off moves, then I don't even want them to waste a potential run by getting called out on the basepaths.

We're better off just getting hits, advancing the runners safely, and scoring that way. I mean, when Brian McCann is tied for the team lead in SB with a grand total of 1, we're better off just not trying it.

EDIT: LMAO @ Lackey being thrown out of that game after 2 pitches. I can understand them being shocked because the ump issued no warning, but it was the right call. You don't throw behind a guy on one pitch, and hen hit him with the other KNOWING that you have a history of fighting between the two teams. That was just unwise on Lackey's part, IMO. Still hilarious, that's gotta be some sort of record for the starting pitcher being thrown out.

Archived