2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a long time Manny fan, I'm disappointed. I just hope this is something isolated and recent, not something he was doing for a significant length of time with the Red Sox. Regardless though, I'm disappointed in Manny no matter how long he was using. I'm also surprised. Manny was never one of the first guys I expected, just because of the insane amount of raw hitting ability he has.

Manny's the Big Poppi? Whoa! ... :blink:

I've always thought of ManRam as a PEDophile actually.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Manny being Manny! :rolleyes:

-Dan

More like Manny Being Moron.

"Manny being Manny" has always been synonymous with "Manny being Moron."

I thought it was sketchy that no current sluggers were implicated in the Mitchell report. Then A-Rod gets busted, and now Manny. Who's next? Pujols? Howard?

I am slightly surprised by this. But we can't just think steroids right off the bat. Manny is a lot of things, but I wanna wait this one out before I say he is a drug abuser.

Actually, it was not a steroid, but a banned substance nonetheless.

I saw, I came, I left.

I am slightly surprised by this. But we can't just think steroids right off the bat. Manny is a lot of things, but I wanna wait this one out before I say he is a drug abuser.

Actually, it was not a steroid, but a banned substance nonetheless.

That's true. I do feel better about it because of that. I'm not a huge Manny fan by any means. But I had always heard about how much he stays in the batting cage and how hard he works (When he wants to) Maybe he is telling the truth that it was a doctor's prescription and although I'm sure he will still have to serve the suspension, at least it will be a legitimate mistake.

As a long time Manny fan, I'm disappointed. I just hope this is something isolated and recent, not something he was doing for a significant length of time with the Red Sox. Regardless though, I'm disappointed in Manny no matter how long he was using. I'm also surprised. Manny was never one of the first guys I expected, just because of the insane amount of raw hitting ability he has.

Now I'm thinking that the Red Sox management let Manny go away because... all that stuff was known inside?!?!

BTW besides being a Red Sox fan, I'm a Giants fan so a big blow against the Dogs like this Mannygate is always good news.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-manny-...0,6324894.story

Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancers.

Why am I not surprised by this?

I'm gonna go ahead and second that.

In the back of my mind, I was wondering why superstars from the current generation, players like A-Rod and Manny, had always been left out of the PHP conversation when they were well into their careers during the Bonds-era.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived