2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

David Purcey: I hear Vegas is nice this time of year.

I'd agree but what other option do we have? Another Triple A guy? I bet Matt Clement is regretting retiring right about now...

True...I'd say Cecil, but his stats in AAA don't look good at all.

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Raul Ibañez is the fuggin' man.

He's been looking like the anti-Burrell, although Pat generally started off killing the ball every year, no? Regardless, he'll probably end up with a better average than The artist formerly known as "The Bat".

You really are enjoying the hell out of this, aren't you. :P

When we've suffered at the hands of the Yankees and Red Sox for 16 years, we should be allowed to gloat for a bit (especially since this run may not last much longer)

It's over. Going into tonight, the Sox are in first by percentage points. An 11-game winning streak helps. ^_^

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Raul Ibañez is the fuggin' man.

He's been looking like the anti-Burrell, although Pat generally started off killing the ball every year, no? Regardless, he'll probably end up with a better average than The artist formerly known as "The Bat".

This recent "love affair" with Pat Burrell sickens me. People act like he's a hero because they won the WS, but they conveniently forget how much he sucked (and how big of a dick he was to people) for all the years before. They act like he was the "one" guy that never got booed here, which was total garbage - in fact, some times, it was so brutal that even I thought it was going to far.

Bottom line - Burrell sucks. He always did, and he still does. Ibañez absolutely is the "anti" Burrell - a guy who actually goes out and does what he's paid to do, and is professional about it (not that Pat wasn't professional though.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

When we've suffered at the hands of the Yankees and Red Sox for 16 years, we should be allowed to gloat for a bit (especially since this run may not last much longer)

It's over. Going into tonight, the Sox are in first by percentage points. An 11-game winning streak helps. ^_^

No fair. We haven't been able to beat up on the Yankees yet.

1zqy8ok.gif

And a 1-game losing streak turns it back around... back to second for you :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

It's the little things, eh Chris? ^_^

I will say, this Jays team will only get better as the season progresses and they can move their home games from Toronto General Hospital back to the SkyDome. This Cito guy knows a bit about managing a big league club, who knew? :P

It's the little things, eh Chris? ^_^

I will say, this Jays team will only get better as the season progresses and they can move their home games from Toronto General Hospital back to the SkyDome. This Cito guy knows a bit about managing a big league club, who knew? :P

I pains me to admit it, but I was wrong about Cito. When Cito took over last summer I was skeptical that he have success. Sure he won 2 World Series, but the Jays teams back then were unstoppable and I think almost any manager could've led them to the championship. In reality, Cito has taken a lineup that has underachieved for the past couple seasons and told them to forget everything that Denbo character taught them about hitting and instead has told them to hit whatever you think you can hit. Result? The Jays are the league leaders in most batting categories in the AL.

I can't wait to see this team with some of our pitchers off the DL and into the rotation.

1zqy8ok.gif

The Braves finally won a 1-run game. About time!

We already had 3 of those before tonight. Sorry. :P

Well, this one was a comeback. So, so, so yeah.

La Russa was stupid and kept McClellan in with the bases loaded, and then notice how when Reyes came in he blew three strait strikes past the batter. Both starters played great that game, but Lohse deserved that W.

The Cards' bullpen is certainly better than last year, so far, but it still seems to be their biggest weakness.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The Braves finally won a 1-run game. About time!

We already had 3 of those before tonight. Sorry. :P

Well, this one was a comeback. So, so, so yeah.

La Russa was stupid and kept McClellan in with the bases loaded, and then notice how when Reyes came in he blew three strait strikes past the batter. Both starters played great that game, but Lohse deserved that W.

The Cards' bullpen is certainly better than last year, so far, but it still seems to be their biggest weakness.

Jo Jo Reyes deserved the W as well.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I took the day off to go to Baltimore to catch the Angels/O's game today...a few thoughts...

- I had front row seats in right-center field, and Kelvim Escobar talked to me briefly while he was finishing up his long-toss routine before the game. He seemed to be throwing well, so hopefully he'll be on the rebound soon.

- Kendry Morales looked great this series. Granted, it's a 2-game series against Baltimore, but he went 4-8 with a HR, 2 runs, 4 RBI, a triple, two doubles, and a walk. I really hope Kendry pans out.

- Speaking of Kendry, he and Torii Hunter hit back-to-back HR...I think that's the first I've seen that in person.

- Uehara took a liner off the chest from Gary Matthews...scary moment. From what I've heard, he'll be fine (no breaks, at least).

- Shane Loux loaded the bases in each of the first two innings, but only surrendered one run. However, he seemed to settle in after that. That said, I can't wait til he's out of the regular rotation and back in the pen or Salt Lake.

- All in all, an enjoyable time at the park. It was cold, but it beats a day at work. I could've done without Gary Matthews, but with the way injuries seem to be hitting the Halos, I guess it makes sense to give Torii a day at DH.

1 more day until Joe Mauer returns to the lineup. I am completely satisfied with being .500 without him, and now that he's back, we should win many more games because of what he adds not only to our lineup, but also our defense (we are like 1/20 in throwing out runners this year without Mauer, and he also handles the pitchers very well).

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Matt Garza had a perfect game to the 7th till a soft hit up the middle.

Rays up 8-0 over Boston.

Much appreciated

make that 13-0 now in the bottom of the 8th. john van every, the sox 5th OF, is pulling a nick swisher and is now pitching.

Matt Garza had a perfect game to the 7th till a soft hit up the middle.

Rays up 8-0 over Boston.

Much appreciated

make that 13-0 now in the bottom of the 8th. john van every, the sox 5th OF, is pulling a nick swisher and is now pitching.

In the same stadium too? When has that happened before when opposing teams during separate series went to their extra outfielder/bench player to pitch against the home team in a blow out?

Archived