2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

They said on Baseball Tonight that some pitcher got thrown out after one pitch, and another before he threw one. That was because the player argued with the ump over sleeve length. LMAO.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of things happened at the Rays game(Sorry for another game recap, but it was very eventful)

So the line-up that the Indians had, had Longoria, and Zobrest at third base(Longo was DHing) so the rule was replacing the DH with the pitcher. So Andy Sonnanstine hit third in the line up.

The Rays tied an MLB Record with 19 strait games with a steal.

Kerry Wood came in, and threw a pitch behind, and inside to BJ Upton. Benches Cleared, no ejections. Wood should've been. Lacky did the same thing last night.

Finally the Rays are undefeated in their alternate.

They said on Baseball Tonight that some pitcher got thrown out after one pitch, and another before he threw one. That was because the player argued with the ump over sleeve length. LMAO.

Sounds like one of our own is out there... Who could it be?

Oh, BTW, Rangers win again with the Angels' starter going the whole way. *shameless jab at LMU* ;)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

A lot of things happened at the Rays game(Sorry for another game recap, but it was very eventful)

So the line-up that the Indians had, had Longoria, and Zobrest at third base(Longo was DHing) so the rule was replacing the DH with the pitcher. So Andy Sonnanstine hit third in the line up.

The Rays tied an MLB Record with 19 strait games with a steal.

Kerry Wood came in, and threw a pitch behind, and inside to BJ Upton. Benches Cleared, no ejections. Wood should've been. Lacky did the same thing last night.

Finally the Rays are undefeated in their alternate.

Sonnanstine got a hit and a RBI. Not a bad "mistake" to make ....

I saw, I came, I left.

The Twins can't win in the Bronx to save their lives. Wow.

This is true. :cursing:

X 3.

They've lost every game in the series thus far via walk-off. That is an AWFUL run of luck.

The Twins can't win in the Bronx to save their lives. Wow.

This is true. :cursing:

X 3.

They've lost every game in the series thus far via walk-off. That is an AWFUL run of luck.

Damn.... beat me to it.... :P That's a tough way to lose three straight.

I saw, I came, I left.

And to add insult to injury:

ON THIS DAY IN 1998: David Wells of the New York Yankees pitches the game of his life as he hurls a Perfect Game against the Minnesota Twins, recording a 4-0 win - Sports E-Cyclopedia

Just a bad day to be a Twin playing the Yankees.

As far as the Rays and their lineup botch, they're lucky that they're in an era where there's interleague play, because Sonnanstine had been preparing to hit just in case he'd have to hit in a NL stadium. Had this been in the pre-interleague era where AL pitchers only hit during the World Series, they would've been screwed today. But it ended up working out, Maddon looks like a genius. :P

I'm just happy the M's took 2 out of 3 from the Red Sox.

*Places Flame Shield in front of him in case of angry Boston fanboys*

I found this letter...

Dear Seattle Mariners,

Thank you

Sincerely,

Toronto Blue Jays.

also... wtf is with that Mets pitcher with 3 balks?

I saw, I came, I left.

You know, baseball really needs to start STRICTLY enforcing Rule 1.01 - it is flaunted in over one thousand games over the course of the season.

How exactly do you think that this rule is being flaunted?

Baseball is a game between two teams of nine players each, under direction of a manager, played on an enclosed field in accordance with these rules, under jurisdiction of one or more umpires.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

You know, baseball really needs to start STRICTLY enforcing Rule 1.01 - it is flaunted in over one thousand games over the course of the season.

Baseball is a game between two teams of nine players each, under direction of a manager, played on an enclosed field in accordance with these rules, under jurisdiction of one or more umpires.

Well, when managers insist on putting ten names on the lineup card as starting, I think that would be called flaunting the rule.

LvZYtbZ.png

Well, when managers insist on putting ten names on the lineup card as starting, I think that would be called flaunting the rule.

So, you just want to get rid of the DH. You could have just said that.

(P.S. Join the club, especially if it means giving Papi some time off :P)

I'm just happy the M's took 2 out of 3 from the Red Sox.

*Places Flame Shield in front of him in case of angry Boston fanboys*

I found this letter...

Dear Seattle Mariners,

Thank you

Sincerely,

Toronto Blue Jays.

also... wtf is with that Mets pitcher with 3 balks?

Pelfry looked like he spent too much time at Haight Ashbury this weekend

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This year I wont feel like a homer if I vote for a bunch of Rangers as All Stars. :D

Rangers won their sixth in a row today. As it sits now, they're the 2nd seed in the playoffs! ;) Only 120 more games to go...

Yeah, it doesn't exactly hurt their chances when the opponent's starter is thrown out after 2 pitches on his first start of the year after being brought off the DL.

It's horrendously stupid to try to throw two purpose pitches in a row to the first batter of the game when it's your first game back from the DL, too.

The Phillies are undefeated since meeting with President Obama. They've only played the Nationals since the White House visit. Surely that's just coincidence :upside:

You're welcome. No wonder the Phils are 7-2 against the Nats.

Archived