2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Well today in teh Twins-Red Sox game, both starting catchers and managers got ejected. Both managers waited a little too long to protect their catchers.

Also, Anthony Swarzak continues to look good. Unfortunately, the Twins couldn't hit today.

The Bosox runner was CLEARLY out. Redmond and Gardy new what they were talking about. That was a terrible call. And I loved the look on Francona's face when I got tossed...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
O's super prospect Matt Wieters is making his debut tonight. I own him in the ULB, so I'm excited to see how this goes.

I'm real excited. I'm going to the game tonight and it looks to be one of the biggest non-Opening Day/Yankee/Red Sox game crowd in the past 11 or so years. It's going to be real exciting to see the new era of Orioles baseball start. We've already got Markakis and Jones establishing themselves as some of the top OFers in the league. Reimold has been red hot since the Arizona Fall League last year and he's brought his hot streak straight to the bigs. We're the first team since 1900 to have four pitchers win their major league debut in a season (and none of them are part of the Big 3 pitching prospects). It's finally exciting to watch the O's again. This September may actually be bearable to watch.

Well today in teh Twins-Red Sox game, both starting catchers and managers got ejected. Both managers waited a little too long to protect their catchers.

Also, Anthony Swarzak continues to look good. Unfortunately, the Twins couldn't hit today.

The Bosox runner was CLEARLY out. Redmond and Gardy new what they were talking about. That was a terrible call. And I loved the look on Francona's face when I got tossed...

Um, I don't think it was very clear... Extremely close play even though the ball beat him, he slid under and it took awhile for the tag. It wasn't a terrible call because it was such a close play. I still am not sure whether he was safe or out, but there is nothing clear about it.

Um, I don't think it was very clear... Extremely close play even though the ball beat him, he slid under and it took awhile for the tag. It wasn't a terrible call because it was such a close play. I still am not sure whether he was safe or out, but there is nothing clear about it.

I think he was definitely out, NESN's replay was great.

Source: Hurdle to be fired

By Troy E. Renck

The Denver Post

Posted: 05/29/2009 12:36:28 PM MDT

Updated: 05/29/2009 01:02:08 PM MDT

Clint Hurdle's seven-year run as the Rockies' manager will end today, according to a major-league source. With an off day to discuss the situation, the Rockies are poised to make a change given that their poor start has begun to affect attendance and fan interest.

That talk was based on the team's home (7-13) and overall record (18-28).

Bench coach Jim Tracy likely is Hurdle's replacement. Hurdle has been the Rockies' manager since 2002, when he took over for Buddy Bell three weeks into the season.

Tracy was named the bench coach in this past offseason after two seasons in Pittsburgh as the manager and five seasons in Los Angeles.

Denver Post

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Source: Hurdle to be fired

I'm good with that. Outside of September/October 2007, the guy has done virtually nothing during his tenure in Colorado.

However, I'm not sold on Jim Tracy being named the new skipper. It wouldda been sweet to see the Rox bring back Don Baylor and his Grimace costume.

6uXNWAo.png

I saw some really good replays and I thought it was pretty clear that he was out. Redmond applied the tag before the runner touched the plate. I believe the NESN replay had the better veiw than FSN North.

O's super prospect Matt Wieters is making his debut tonight. I own him in the ULB, so I'm excited to see how this goes.

I got a chance to meet Wieters when he was here in Omaha for the CWS a few years ago. He signed my baseball. Nice guy, but I had no idea he would turn out to be this good (or so the experts say...)

I'm real excited. I'm going to the game tonight and it looks to be one of the biggest non-Opening Day/Yankee/Red Sox game crowd in the past 11 or so years. It's going to be real exciting to see the new era of Orioles baseball start. We've already got Markakis and Jones establishing themselves as some of the top OFers in the league. Reimold has been red hot since the Arizona Fall League last year and he's brought his hot streak straight to the bigs. We're the first team since 1900 to have four pitchers win their major league debut in a season (and none of them are part of the Big 3 pitching prospects). It's finally exciting to watch the O's again. This September may actually be bearable to watch.

I'd love to go to the game, but the threat of rain...and the thought of an Opening Day level crowd...is going to keep me away.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'd love to go to the game, but the threat of rain...and the thought of an Opening Day level crowd...is going to keep me away.

Scott is stealing the thunder from Wieters (0-3 so far) tonight. Before tonight Dontrelle Willis had allowed 2 career HR's to lefty's. Scott (a lefty) has hit 2 off of Willis tonight, one being a GS. Bergesen is pitching great also, 0 er, 2 h, 3k's through 6. Great crowd, and hopefully all these young guys can bring great crowds back to the Yard to see a contender next year.

saBS.png

0-4, K, 3 LOB.

Just first game jitters. Now go forth and RAKE, young man!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived