2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Hell yeah. 5 run comebacks!

Maybe Schafer instead of Francoeur was the right move...

It was just great to see a bottom of the 9th game-tying HR. That seems so rare with the Braves, who really only seem to hit home runs in runaway games (like Sunday vs. Scherzer). Where were these comebacks last year?

aaahhh..."The Magic of Turner Field"

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Roy Halladay's preformance yesterday doesn't prove that he's the best pitcher in baseball right now, then I give up.

The problem with Halladay is he always has the 2nd best stats in the AL each season... always finishing runner-up to a one-year wonder in the AL Central :P Throw those AL Central flash-in-the-pans against the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays several times a season and we'll see how they fare.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

According to Fox 5 Atlanta, the Braves have release Tom Glavine. Can't find a link though.

If true, this is sad. The Big 3 are gone. :(

EDIT: Apparently, Tom confirmed it too. Wow.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

This was definitely an odd time to do it considering that he was doing very well in the minors. It's sad to see that we let him go in this manner instead of a classy, offseason-type thing...but man oh man am I happy to see that the Braves FO finally let him go. It was bad that they signed him during the offseason, so it's good to see that they've rectified that mistake. So yeah, this definitely opens the door for Medlen and Hanson.

Hopefully Smoltz retires soon and they can retire all 3 numbers on the same night. Awesome.

Maddux is having his number retired July 17th so maybe Glavine and Smoltz can do it at the same time.

I grew up with the 'Big 3' rotation and it's like a piece of my childhood just left. They needed to do this, I just didn't want them to.

Glavine Story

NOW GO GET SOME BATS ATLANTA!

Actually, the Braves don't want Smoltz, and if all goes well he will be pitching in the World Series while the Braves are either in the World Series or golfing. No need to retire, we actually want him. :P:D (I'm just messing, don't worry)

P.S. Smoltz is the ultimate guy to have on your team. IDK how you can't love this guy. But the way the Braves just release a guy like Glavine when he is due a roster bonus and after a good rehab outing, even if they pretty much have their rotation set, kind of seems like a dick move, no? This is Glavine we are talking about. Tom Glavine!

Tommy Hanson WILL start Saturday against the Brewers, Kris Medlen's going to the bullpen. So yeah, it was basically them making room for Hanson.

Even though they botched the timing of Tom Glavine's release...the Braves have been on a roll this week. First Schafer goes to Gwinnett, then the big comeback win last night, and now this happens.

Why though? They should give Medlen another chance. He pitched well his last start.

Hanson > Medlen. Can't have 6 starters, someone's gotta go to the pen.

I just heard a rumor the Braves are about to get Nate McLouth

Pirates receive outfielder gorkys hernandez plus pitching prospects charlie morton and jeff locke in return

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived