2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Doc pitched a hell of a game tonight too bad his offense didn't come through for him well if this is indeed Roy's last home game it's been a great 10 years and I hope you win the big one.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ESPN is reporting that the asking price for Halladay is too much for the Phillies.

Story

The Phillies don't really need him, especially at that high a price.

Toronto's already fading...they didn't need to set a Halladay deadline to consider making other moves.

ESPN is reporting that the asking price for Halladay is too much for the Phillies.

Story

Toronto's already fading...they didn't need to set a Halladay deadline to consider making other moves.

I think that if Philly is in the race but behind, they pull the trigger on this deal. But they are in complete control of the NL East and they are not desperate for him.

Story

I think that if Philly is in the race but behind, they pull the trigger on this deal. But they are in complete control of the NL East and they are not desperate for him.

Again, winning the NL East is not the goal anymore. The Halladay move is for late October, not late September. These "reports" are really silly to read, especially this close to the deadline, because it's all pretty much just posturing. They may well be out of it for all we know, or not - but "articles" like that are kind of pointless to read. They could just as easily post a story that a deal is imminent, and it would be just as accurate.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

To the prick who thought it was clever to shine the laser light on Julio Lugo while he's trying to bat...

NOT COOL.

That's damned dangerous, and he's lucky that nobody else saw him do it. Us Philly fans get a bad rap, but this nimrod is not a true fan.

EDIT: Rubber game tomorrow. I will not be a Cardinal.

LvZYtbZ.png

To the prick who thought it was clever to shine the laser light on Julio Lugo while he's trying to bat...

NOT COOL.

That's damned dangerous, and he's lucky that nobody else saw him do it. Us Philly fans get a bad rap, but this nimrod is not a true fan.

I didn't see the game. Someone really did that?

NOT COOL.

I didn't see the game. Someone really did that?
Yep, in the 7th, and again in the 8th.

LvZYtbZ.png

Wow. That's a first
Try again. A Mets fan was actually banned from Mets home games for three years for doing the same thing to Braves pitchers a couple years ago.

Only three years?

A more proper punishment would be making that fan attend Mets home games in September....

Wow. That's a first
Try again. A Mets fan was actually banned from Mets home games for three years for doing the same thing to Braves pitchers a couple years ago.

Only three years?

A more proper punishment would be making that fan attend Mets home games in September....

September? How about June? I'd be relieved if the Mets hit 70 wins this season.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

We're going to get an even worse rap now. A man was beaten to death in the parking lot after a fight spilled out from Mcfadden's. Thats so terrible and such a disgrace.

Link

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

We're going to get an even worse rap now. A man was beaten to death in the parking lot after a fight spilled out from Mcfadden's. Thats so terrible and such a disgrace.

Link

Not really. Isn't that like, a common occurrence at Dodgers games nowadays? (Well...maybe not the "to death" part, but the other parts sure....)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know I'm selling a bunch of my Sunday Plan tickets on Stub Hub, hopefully some will just want to experience Citi Field for the first time.

If the Mets were still at Shea, it would be a ghost town the rest of the way, 15,000 a game.

I plan to go to two more games only 1969 Celebration and the K-Rod Bobble Head Giveaway.

Omar has got to go as it is, but the fact the Tony Bernazard still has a job is bewildering.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Angels explode in the 4th with 9 runs, bookended by home runs by, of all people, Chone Figgins and Maicer Izturis. MLB leading 32 comeback victories.

8-game winning streak. 4.5 game lead in the AL West. 1/2 a game behind the Yankees (who they swept just before the All-Star Break) for the best record in the AL. 3.5 games behind the Dodgers for the best record in baseball.

This Angels offense is on an absolute tear as of late, and really since June 12 this team has been on freaking fire. All with the starters underperforming (until the past 3 or so starts). If the reports are true that the Phillies won't pull this deal with the Jays for Halladay and that the Angels are getting more aggressive in those talks, watch out.

And this is all with Vlad and Torii on the DL and Juan Rivera sitting out the last week's worth of games.

This is the absolute best I've seen this collective group of Angels playing. Even better than last year's 100-game winning version.

C'mon (Angels' GM) Tony (Reagins)... Pull out this Halladay trade. Get this team over the top.

Light up the Halo!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived