2009 NHL season thread- Part II

jkrdevil

Well that Rangers game last night knocked out the little bit of optimism I had left in me.

There's no point in making a coaching change at this point, no matter who they'd bring in, I highly doubt they'd be able to win that many games. Not that I want them to fire Hartsburg.

Same goes for trading away Spezza, I'd definitely wait until after the draft lottery to make a move with him involved (Though I'd rather see him stay all together) He's been playing much better compared to the shmucks he's forced to play with.

This team has me completely baffled, I don't understand how they can play so poorly, we've seen alot of these guys play well before, they're not overly old, none of them have had major injuries to slow them down. Yet they all look like there mind is somewhere else.

Ugh...

Didn't I say Murray would drive the team into the ground? :P

Although I was hoping it would happen in a year where we weren't going for the highest draft pick which we now have to compete for... lol

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that Rangers game last night knocked out the little bit of optimism I had left in me.

There's no point in making a coaching change at this point, no matter who they'd bring in, I highly doubt they'd be able to win that many games. Not that I want them to fire Hartsburg.

Same goes for trading away Spezza, I'd definitely wait until after the draft lottery to make a move with him involved (Though I'd rather see him stay all together) He's been playing much better compared to the shmucks he's forced to play with.

This team has me completely baffled, I don't understand how they can play so poorly, we've seen alot of these guys play well before, they're not overly old, none of them have had major injuries to slow them down. Yet they all look like there mind is somewhere else.

Ugh...

Although I was hoping it would happen in a year where we weren't going for the highest draft pick which we now have to compete for... lol

Yes, I know you said that, we've already discussed that :P

Either way I don't think it's this huge problem for the franchise, they have too much talent, and hey if Tavares is in the picture well it shouldn't be too long before they're competitive again.

Hi, how are you?

Ugh...

Either way I don't think it's this huge problem for the franchise, they have too much talent, and hey if Tavares is in the picture well it shouldn't be too long before they're competitive again.

Because having the #1 draft pic along side Vinnie and Marty have helped Tampa Bay so much this season. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

...anyone paying attention to the Flyers at all? Another win 4-1 against the Laughs keeps them in 3rd place. :winner:(dance)

Oh how I wish we had Jeff Carter in our lineup over Kaberle.. what could have been... :cry:

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Nikita Filatov, fresh off the world juniors scores a hat trick in only his 5th NHL game in a big win over Minnesota and the Jackets place themselves 1 point out of the playoffs after going 6-2 in their last 8. This is all mind you with 8 regulars injured.

Including Rick Nash.

The point was made, Steve Mason will probably win the Calder (best rookie), and is in contention for the Vezina (best goalie), but should be considered for the Hart Trophy (MVP) if the Blue Jackets can make the playoffs. You have to remember in those 8 games, 4 of those are Mase shutouts, another is a 6-1 win over the Avs, another is a 4-2 win over the Wild, and another is a 3-0 loss with an empty-netter to make it 3-0. If you take out Mason's first four games, his GAA is 1.50. Here's the THN story on Mason.

6fQjS3M.png

...anyone paying attention to the Flyers at all? Another win 4-1 against the Laughs keeps them in 3rd place. :winner:(dance)

Oh how I wish we had Jeff Carter in our lineup over Kaberle.. what could have been... :cry:

Could've had Mike Richards as well, he was picked up seven spots after Carter.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I'm talking about the proposed trade with Philadelphia last year that if Kaberle had waived his no trade clause, we would have landed a first round pick and Carter.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Mats Sundin scored his first goal as a Canuck last night. Despite loosing the Canucks played very well against one of the best teams in the league. Luongo is just about ready to return and Mats in rounding into form. People need to look out for this team post all star break.

Ugh...

Because having the #1 draft pic along side Vinnie and Marty have helped Tampa Bay so much this season. ^_^

Stamkos wasn't ready for the league, Tavares on the other hand has been for a year already :P

I really feel bad for the Lightning... Yet so happy they took Meszaros and we got Kuba, Picard and a pick.

Hi, how are you?

Just want to see what your guys thoughts for mid season award favorites

Hart: Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals

Norris: Dan Boyle, San Jose Sharks

Calder: Steve Mason, Columbus Blue Jackets

Selke: Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit Red Wings

Vezina: Miikka Kiprusoff, Calgary Flames

Jack Adams: Claude Julien, Boston Bruins

Vezina was the toughest to decide so many goalies could have a shot at winning it this year Nabokov, Lundqvist, Thomas, Backstrom, Miller hell if Columbus can get hot Steve Mason deserves it, But the way Kipper turned the ship around for Calgary after a bad start and people calling for his job he's has lowered his Goals Against and leads the league in Wins, Again this is mid season so alot can change in 4 months.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Vezina was the toughest to decide so many goalies could have a shot at winning it this year Nabokov, Lundqvist, Thomas, Backstrom, Miller hell if Columbus can get hot Steve Mason deserves it, But the way Kipper turned the ship around for Calgary after a bad start and people calling for his job he's has lowered his Goals Against and leads the league in Wins, Again this is mid season so alot can change in 4 months.

IF the Kings make the playoffs, I'd give the Jack Adams to Murray.

I'd also consider giving the Vezina to Mason IF he can get the Jackets into the playoffs. He could potentially snag the Hart, Calder and Vezina in that scenario.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I'm talking about the proposed trade with Philadelphia last year that if Kaberle had waived his no trade clause, we would have landed a first round pick and Carter.

As much as I like Kaberle, that would've been one of the biggest steals in recent NHL history. Jeff Carter alone would've satisfied me.

Wade-sig.png

I'd also consider giving the Vezina to Mason IF he can get the Jackets into the playoffs. He could potentially snag the Hart, Calder and Vezina in that scenario.

True out of all the teams on the outside looking in nobody is talking about the Kings there initially in the same situation as the Blues or the Oilers young fast and have a good future ahead of them as for Mason, Vezina is a a real possibility and the Calder for sure but I don't think the Hart

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

True out of all the teams on the outside looking in nobody is talking about the Kings there initially in the same situation as the Blues or the Oilers young fast and have a good future ahead of them as for Mason, Vezina is a a real possibility and the Calder for sure but I don't think the Hart

Jose Theodore won the Hart based on about 15 games. I believe Mason WOULD BE the reason the Jackets make the playoffs. That would be more than enough reason to give it to him because he turned the teams fortunes around when they started off the season very poorly. He is also holding them together when half the roster is missing. Although, with that argument, Kessel or Thomas could also be in contention if either continue to play at elite levels and power through without Bergeron (again). I think a player bringing a team into the playoffs for the first time may be in a better position to win it than anyone else.

Ovechkin powered the Capitals to the post season last year, Mason could do the same this year. Just sit back and watch, the Hart is his if they make it in.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

As much as I like Kaberle, that would've been one of the biggest steals in recent NHL history. Jeff Carter alone would've satisfied me.

Would have made up for the failed Lecavalier trade... sigh...

But think of this too, if we had also landed their pic, we'd have Sbisa on our blue line. He'd more than make up for Kaberle's absence, say they had not traded it or targeted another player.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived