2009 NHL season thread- Part II

jkrdevil

Sens pull a Tampa, fire new coach.

Didn't see that one coming *sarcasm*

How long until they realize that if they're going on to coach #5 in a season and half (OK, 3 of them were the same guy, but still...) that it's not the coach that's the problem?

And who's going to take the job now knowing that if they don't turn it all around in 30 games they'll be out the door?

couldnt agree more. Murray needs to go.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Stars are on FIRE!

Are 14-6-3 since Avery left the team and after beating the Flames 3-1 tonight have won 5 straight.

They went from the bottom of the League to sixth in the West :)

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

The Stars are on FIRE!

Are 14-6-3 since Avery left the team and after beating the Flames 3-1 tonight have won 5 straight.

BARELY. 4 teams are sitting one win behind them for a tie. Don't get too comfy. :P

And I don't know if anyone noticed, but Steve Mason is playing again. Tonight was Mason vs. Mason in the battle of Columbus and St. Louis.

I don't think there have been two goalies with the same name facing off against each other since it was Dryden vs. Dryden back in... '72 or '73. Although, I'm sure there was a Smith vs Smith sometime more recently than that, lol.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Stars are on FIRE!

BARELY. 4 teams are sitting one win behind them for a tie. Don't get too comfy. :P

Hahaha definitely not!

I can't believe how tight the west is!

From 5th-11th anyone can make it into the playoffs! And from 12th-14th they are only 4 points out, it is going to be crazy in march and early April!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Dear Ottawa Senators.

You are not required to fire a coach every year.

That is all.

Hey, whatever makes MLSE look like the better organization for once. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Dear New York Islanders,

You guys do realize that if you keep winning you will be assured of not getting the #1 draft pick, right? Please start losing again and often.

Thanks

There is talk he may pull a Lindros. Although this is all coming from Toronto media, it doesn't change the fact he may say he would not play for the Islanders because... really... who wants to get sucked into that black hole...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

With all this Calder Trophy talk going on, I think Kris Versteeg has a good shot to win it. He's leading rookies in assists and points and is second in +/- at 16 (which is the 4th highest on the Blackhawks.)

I'm pulling for him, but they'll say he's too old and a Blackhawk won it last year. Dumb reasons, but they'll be cited, just you watch. Steve Mason will probably get it no matter how the Blue Jackets finish. Oh well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Last night's win was the most undeserved, unlikely, unexpected, and awesome win ive seen from the pens, probably ever (not including any game vs. Detroit). The pens were two completely different teams from the first two periods to the third period and OT.

And Malkin. This guy reminds me of Ovechkin more every game. Hes starting to become quite the hitter, and is becoming quite the all-around player, similar to Ovechkin. Even his goal celebrations (the game winner last night, classic Ovy style celebration). Malkin is a bit more defensive and more of a playmaker rather than goal scorer, but nonetheless, theres a reason these two guys top the NHL. Both can change a game. The pens might get credit for the win last night, but it was Malkin, almost singlehandedly, that led the pens to the win. He got the whole team to get behind him in the third and cause the Lightning to wonder wtf just happened...

...however, this all means nothing if they fail vs. Columbus tomorrow...

oBIgzrL.png

Dear New York Islanders,

You guys do realize that if you keep winning you will be assured of not getting the #1 draft pick, right? Please start losing again and often.

Thanks

There is talk he may pull a Lindros. Although this is all coming from Toronto media, it doesn't change the fact he may say he would not play for the Islanders because... really... who wants to get sucked into that black hole...

If the Isles had a competent GM who could pull off the kind of deal that the Quebec GM pulled off in the Lindros situation giving them a near instant Stanley Cup contender I'd say make the pick then trade Tavares. However, I have no faith in Garth Snow as a GM.

OTOH maybe some time spent with Mike Bossy would change Tavares' mind about coming to the Island.

Dear New York Islanders,

Thanks

If the Isles had a competent GM who could pull off the kind of deal that the Quebec GM pulled off in the Lindros situation giving them a near instant Stanley Cup contender I'd say make the pick then trade Tavares. However, I have no faith in Garth Snow as a GM.

OTOH maybe some time spent with Mike Bossy would change Tavares' mind about coming to the Island.

So he can tell him that it would be great to play for a dying market where there is not going to be a new arena built and the ownership does more dealing with the players than those put in charge to do that job? Yea, real attractive sales pitch. :P

And MAZ, it sounds like you are trying to grasp for straws in hope that the Pens have both a Crosby AND an Ovechkin. lol Malkin is good, he is REALLY good, but he won't ever be an Ovechkin. He has no personality.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived