2009 NHL season thread- Part II

jkrdevil

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
somebody on HF Boards made a thread stating he will score 1000 goals which is never going to happen. I don't think he can score 5 times what he has scored so far in the next dozen years.

1000?

The real mark is Gretzky's 894 ...

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

somebody on HF Boards made a thread stating he will score 1000 goals which is never going to happen. I don't think he can score 5 times what he has scored so far in the next dozen years.

1000?

His pace will slow down as he gets older. Injuries and the passage of time will prevent him from coming close to the Great One's mark.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Was reading this earlier and this be great if it actually does come through

Homecoming for Miikka Kiprusoff???

Looks like Miikka Kiprusoff will enjoy some home cooking this fall with the Calgary Flames set to kick off the 2009/10 regular season in Helsinki, Finland.

According to a report on Hockey Night in Canada, the Flames will clash with the San Jose Sharks in a double header on the other side of the pond.

"We would entertain such a notice should it become available," said Flames president Ken King.

Kiprusoff is no doubt the marquee attraction. The Sharks have no Finnish players on their roster.

http://communities.canada.com/calgaryheral...-kiprusoff.aspx

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

1000?

His pace will slow down as he gets older. Injuries and the passage of time will prevent him from coming close to the Great One's mark.

He's a legitimate 500/600 goal scorer; time will tell of course.

1000?

He's a legitimate 500/600 goal scorer; time will tell of course.

Just remember - Crosby is the next one. So was Lindros. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

BTW, snagged this baby. My Leafs jerseys now stand at 7. :)

Photo24.jpg

That is one handsome jersey...

The jerseys filling? not so much :P

Hey now.. I'm sick AND two weeks into growing a horrible beard. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Steve Mason is also out indefinitely after catching Mono from Phil Kessel (kidding, but who knows how he caught it).

I can say that without Mason and with Leclaire on the bench, things are looking pretty bad for a team I thought would look really good in the post season. Here is wishing the future Calder winner a speedy recovery!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Steve Mason is also out indefinitely after catching Mono from Phil Kessel (kidding, but who knows how he caught it).

I can say that without Mason and with Leclaire on the bench, things are looking pretty bad for a team I thought would look really good in the post season. Here is wishing the future Calder winner a speedy recovery!

Apparently he's had it for 2-3 weeks already and is now on the down swing. The hopes of this team now rest on Wade Dubielewicz, who has experience in taking a team to the playoffs. God, I wish Leclaire wasn't so injury prone.

I'm not as confident as I was before, but the sky isn't falling like some people on hfboard seem to think.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Sens pull a Tampa, fire new coach.

Didn't see that one coming *sarcasm*

How long until they realize that if they're going on to coach #5 in a season and half (OK, 3 of them were the same guy, but still...) that it's not the coach that's the problem?

And who's going to take the job now knowing that if they don't turn it all around in 30 games they'll be out the door?

Sens pull a Tampa, fire new coach.

Didn't see that one coming *sarcasm*

How long until they realize that if they're going on to coach #5 in a season and half (OK, 3 of them were the same guy, but still...) that it's not the coach that's the problem?

And who's going to take the job now knowing that if they don't turn it all around in 30 games they'll be out the door?

The head coach of their AHL affiliate who has an option to audition for the full time position next season. I think this is pretty bad... you have the same record as the previous coach - do you get the job? Who knows what will happen, all I know is my guys have a coach and GM locked up for the next while and don't have 4 players taking up over a 1/4 of the entire cap space. ^_^

Apparently he's had it for 2-3 weeks already and is now on the down swing. The hopes of this team now rest on Wade Dubielewicz, who has experience in taking a team to the playoffs. God, I wish Leclaire wasn't so injury prone.

I'm not as confident as I was before, but the sky isn't falling like some people on hfboard seem to think.

While that may be true, there is a reason the Isles didn't lock him up after last season. He wasn't playing as well as he had the year before, and decided to take a different direction. Who knows, he could turn out to be a game saver or he could play like he did last year and the Jackets would be in no better shape.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

hmm... Depending on how long Mason is out for, I say this gives Bobby Ryan some hedway into possibly winning the Calder Trophy! :D

Although, I would like to see the Blue Jackets finally make the playoffs. They've been bad, then started climbing, then hovering around good, making runs for the playoffs until the final two months or so, I hope that doesnt happen to them again. They need to make it at some point lol

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

hmm... Depending on how long Mason is out for, I say this gives Bobby Ryan some hedway into possibly winning the Calder Trophy! :D

Although, I would like to see the Blue Jackets finally make the playoffs. They've been bad, then started climbing, then hovering around good, making runs for the playoffs until the final two months or so, I hope that doesnt happen to them again. They need to make it at some point lol

The Calder will belong to Mason IF he can come back from this and play at the same level he was able to prior to making out with the bar skank. If he comes back and struggles... who knows...

I'd like to see Luke Schenn in the running for the Calder, if not just for the fact he has been a checking beast. He leads all rookies in hits and has a pretty decent +/- at -5 on a team where the highest is +3 and the lowest is -13. Not TOO shabby for a rookie defenseman.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

With all this Calder Trophy talk going on, I think Kris Versteeg has a good shot to win it. He's leading rookies in assists and points and is second in +/- at 16 (which is the 4th highest on the Blackhawks.)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived