2009 NHL season thread- Part II

jkrdevil

I think it could be the end of the road for old Manny surprised nobody tried to claim him off waivers a lot of teams could use a Veteran leader behind the pipes even if it was to be a backup but the Injuries and the inconsistency probably turned teams off.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My team did not achieve in past seasons

Much better.

And I restate my theory about Leaf Fans != hockey fans. Not necessarily a shot at you, Neon, but you're not exactly disproving my theory with every post.

Ouch man.

I will be the first to admit most people who throw on a Leafs jersey is an idiot, but every team has that group.

What exactly does not make me a hockey fan?

Like I said, it wasn't necessarily a shot at you. But you have been taking on a Lamicus-like tendency as of late to drone on ad-nauseum about the Leafs, even when your replying to a post that has nothing to do with them. Not every post, of course, but enough posts that I have started scrolling past your posts when I see them coming up.

It's nothing personal, you grew up in the GTA, and simply don't know any better ;).

BTW, Korbyn is from, I believe, Kenora; contrary to local legend, the GTA does not yet extend to the Manitoba border. He's allowed to cheer for any team he desires. It's not his fault he's a Stars fan, the same way it's not your fault you're a Leafs fan. If anything, society is to blame.

Cheers.

Essentially everything in southern Ontario is unofficially the GTA. They all benefit from us in one way or another. :P

And believe me, I have had to make up for the shortcomings of the TDSB many times over the years. Ugh.

Yes, you are right that it didn't begin with the Leafs. It began with being annoyed by someone who pads his posts with empty messages.

If you have seen, I RARELY go on about the Leafs unless I am baited into it by some ignorant comment. I don't gloat when they do well, I don't bitch when they suck the long hard one. I only come out about them when they are being attacked, and I will defend them. I know more than enough to be able to defend them against those who are ignorant towards this team. I can do this because I actually pay attention to other teams, I know what is right when them and what is going horribly wrong. I follow hockey. I know what is going on outside my universe unlike a majority of people. If I get called out, you have to believe that I will respond with fists flying.

You know, I'm sorry if I rub some people the wrong way because I defend a team which I rarely talk about unless it is being attacked. I will defend it. I don't like ignorance about things people do not know, no matter if it is a hockey team or a people or anything. I just do not stand for hatred of the unknown.

Neon do you think before you speak sometimes?

My team may have issues, but at least they are easier to solve than the messes which exist with those two franchises.

Huh? Are we talking about the same franchises you are?

Were talking about the Canadiens and Stars right?

Yes, I do think before I speak. That is why my posts contain more than one sentence about a score.

You want to know the issues? Do you really not follow your team at all? Two men competing in the General Manager position, a roster which is trying to live up to overachieving expectations from a years past and finding scapegoats to justify failure, a signing which has turned into an expensive bust, another re-signing of a player who grossly overachieved which most other teams saw, and players who have questioned being a part of that team over various parts of the season.

Our shoddy management has been replaced by competent individuals who have a plan. Our roster may be a mess, but at least we know what they are capable of and are going to deal with it accordingly, which means moving players who are expendable or underachieving and bringing in people who are potentially better. I could go on and on, but they are all in the process of being corrected or mended.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Wahoo! Just when I thought this team was going to lie down and play dead and give up they go out and beat the San Jose Sharks. On a day after looking like ass against Pittsburgh, on a travel day, and with literally their 4th string goaltender in net they're able to score two points in the standings against San Jose. Guess who scored the overtime winner, my arch enemy Christian Backman. It was awesome.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Mike Green for Norris? im not so sure just yet but hes giving me more and more reason to believe every game. 19 goals 27 assists for a +21, 14 pp goals. hes gotta be at least in the discussion.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Wahoo! Just when I thought this team was going to lie down and play dead and give up they go out and beat the San Jose Sharks. On a day after looking like ass against Pittsburgh, on a travel day, and with literally their 4th string goaltender in net they're able to score two points in the standings against San Jose. Guess who scored the overtime winner, my arch enemy Christian Backman. It was awesome.

I have a feeling Lacosta will be used as trade bait because he, like Mike Smith last year, has the potential to be a very good starting goaltender. With Steve Mason playing so well, I wouldn't be surprised to see Leclaire moved this trade deadline and Lacosta moved sometime this summer or at some point into next season. Either way, both guys will bring some much needed offense to the Jackets and it won't be too hard to find Mason a decent backup.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Leclaire is hurt and out for the season. 100% guarentee that he wont be traded until the Draft.

I thought it was only for a few weeks. Hum... in this case I'd agree. Then maybe it is more likely they will move Lacosta for a forward before the deadline.

Considering Mason has now just been placed on the IR... you won't be seeing any goalie movement. That kind of sucks because they could definitely land a second line player for either Leclaire or Lacosta. They just seem to get the worst luck!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Mike Green for Norris? im not so sure just yet but hes giving me more and more reason to believe every game. 19 goals 27 assists for a +21, 14 pp goals. hes gotta be at least in the discussion.

Mike Green for Norris? Yes he can! Just nitpicking: I'd like to see him work on his 'D' a bit on the PK and one-on-one.

So, the Coyotes are going down the sh**ter. They have lost something like 6 out of 7, just a few weeks ago they were sitting at 5th in the west. Obviously if they just get like 2 wins in a row they will be back up to like 6th, the way the west is going, but they really, really need a win tonight versus the Hurricanes. If they lose, I don't know if they can recover.

7-2 Hurricanes. Someone needs to right this sinking ship...

So, the Coyotes are going down the sh**ter. They have lost something like 6 out of 7, just a few weeks ago they were sitting at 5th in the west. Obviously if they just get like 2 wins in a row they will be back up to like 6th, the way the west is going, but they really, really need a win tonight versus the Hurricanes. If they lose, I don't know if they can recover.

losing money and losing points... not a good combo

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

losing money and losing points... not a good combo

Winnipeg here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, last night I was at the Jackets/Sharks game, and for the most part the atmosphere at Nationwide was great. Jason Williams described the whole game as a playoff atmosphere, especially with the checking. The whole crowd stood up right as Nash got the puck for the breakaway. A great win, and yes every Jackets fan's least favorite player, Backman scored the winner, although that goal doesn't happen if it isn't for the first star Dan LaCosta.

6fQjS3M.png

Here the Western Standings from 5th through 11th

5/DAL 59PTS 52GP

6/ANA 59PTS 56GP

7/MIN 57PTS 52GP

8/VAN 56PTS 52GP

----------------------

9/EDM 56PTS 53GP

10/CLB 55PTS 53GP

11/LAK 53PTS 51GP

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Here the Western Standings from 5th through 11th

5/DAL 59PTS 52GP

6/ANA 59PTS 56GP

7/MIN 57PTS 52GP

8/VAN 56PTS 52GP

----------------------

9/EDM 56PTS 53GP

10/CLB 55PTS 53GP

11/LAK 53PTS 51GP

Did I mention I hate the games played stat? <_<

It'll all even out in the next 12 days though. Ducks only have 3 games (all at home) in the next 9 days. Calgary, Atlanta, and Los Angeles.

The Calgary game is an important one. The Atlanta game is a should win (Should wins = must wins at this point), and the LA game is a gotta win.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

A Win over the Habs tonight can make everything in the past week feel alot better even if this is an eastern opponent there's always a rivalry when the Habs and Flames get together.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Sharks and Bruins won't sniff the Stanley Cup Finals. Just a prediction.

I think the Bruins will, due to recent history. It seems like in recent years, a backup goalie gets hot and leads his team through the playoffs. Osgood did it last year, Kipper did it in '04, Cam Ward in '05, Conklin in '05 as well. I'm expecting Thomas to cool off, Fernandez to start again, then Thomas starting again after Fernandez is shaky in the playoffs. I'll throw this out there now -- Thomas and Conklin, former backups, starting in the Stanley Cup finals.

3-0 Devils.

As predicted, Rangers suck.

Plenty of fights in the stands after the game. I got very heated with a guy who chucked a beer bottle down to the lower level after the final horn. However, like typical Ranger fans (who like to emulate their coward players), he didn't even acknowledge anything said to him. Commit some sack-less act, then pu**y-out when you get called on it.

God i hate the Rangers and their fans...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

3-0 Devils.

As predicted, Rangers suck.

Plenty of fights in the stands after the game. I got very heated with a guy who chucked a beer bottle down to the lower level after the final horn. However, like typical Ranger fans (who like to emulate their coward players), he didn't even acknowledge anything said to him. Commit some sack-less act, then pu**y-out when you get called on it.

God i hate the Rangers and their fans...

Reminds me of the Caps-Rangers game my father and I went to on 12/23. They rubbed in how much they'd destroy us and in the end, the Caps prevailed 5-4 in OT. I never heard MSG go so silent when the game was tied and only to have the silence magnified after the end of the game.

Archived