2009 NHL season thread- Part II

jkrdevil

This is good, let Ottawa pass us... and Tampa Bay... before the trade deadline. I hope Burke can get something for what we've got.

Why do I have a gut feeling that Tavares is going to pull a Lindros and refuse to play for the Islanders if they get the 1st pick?

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is good, let Ottawa pass us... and Tampa Bay... before the trade deadline. I hope Burke can get something for what we've got.

Why do I have a gut feeling that Tavares is going to pull a Lindros and refuse to play for the Islanders if they get the 1st pick?

Because it would be the logical thing to do? Unfortunately we have nothing to trade for him. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

(where Crosby did not fail, for once).

My God you pens fans turn on your own fast. :P

How can you NOT turn on a guy who is 9 for 36 lifetime in shootouts?

Because he hits better than Jose Bautista.

Wait until you see Bay in one of his "slumps".... it gets worse.

oBIgzrL.png

Big win tonight for the Jackets at home over the Wings. Jason Williams has been an amazing pickup for us. He keeps (helping) get(ting) us points. Two in Vancouver, two against San Jose, one tonight against Detroit.

There. I had seats in section 103.

It was the loudest and most obnoxious I've seen nationwide arena in a good 6 years. The atmosphere rivaled Ohio State football games I've been to. I've never been to a playoff game, but I imagine tonight is what it's like. Everyone always says Columbus isn't a hockey town, they're dead wrong.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Canucks with another come from behind win. They can't keep on doing this, they have the potential to be a great team yet they continue to be inconsistent. Luongo needs to get on his A game like Sundin has and get this team into the playoffs. The goals he let in tonight were very weak and I expect a lot more from him.

Honestly, I'm starting to lean in the direction of Luongo being over-rated. The amount of time it takes him to get into form after not having played, like at the start of every season is simply not good enough. Playing like crap for a month isn't good enough when you're making what he's making, and it seems like a sign of poor preparation or mental weakness.

There. I had seats in section 103.

It was the loudest and most obnoxious I've seen nationwide arena in a good 6 years. The atmosphere rivaled Ohio State football games I've been to. I've never been to a playoff game, but I imagine tonight is what it's like. Everyone always says Columbus isn't a hockey town, they're dead wrong.

I was there for San Jose and it was also a great sellout atmosphere. For example, when Nash got his breakaway, the whole arena got to their feet in like half a second if that. The fans have been coming out to support us, and we need to keep winning.

6fQjS3M.png

Mike Green goes for the record tonight. he has just been playing unconscious lately.

He had an awesome radio interview on "hockey central" yesterday. At one point he was asked "Flames or Oilers?" and he replied "Oh, Flames all the way" after which Paul Coffey, who was also on the line went "Nope, wrong answer. First it should be Oilers, and secondly, the correct answer should have been the Capitals." It was pretty amusing. Paul was also complimenting the hell out of Mike, which was kind of cool to hear. Mike also swore at one point which the censors didn't catch. It was a Toews all over again!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Mike Green goes for the record tonight. he has just been playing unconscious lately.

He had an awesome radio interview on "hockey central" yesterday. At one point he was asked "Flames or Oilers?" and he replied "Oh, Flames all the way" after which Paul Coffey, who was also on the line went "Nope, wrong answer. First it should be Oilers, and secondly, the correct answer should have been the Capitals." It was pretty amusing. Paul was also complimenting the hell out of Mike, which was kind of cool to hear. Mike also swore at one point which the censors didn't catch. It was a Toews all over again!

lol well he does yell :censored: yeah after every goal. thats cool that they had Paul Coffey on there with him. Greenies a good guy and funny as hell.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

lol well he does yell :censored: yeah after every goal. thats cool that they had Paul Coffey on there with him. Greenies a good guy and funny as hell.

Mission accomplished. :censored: Yeah!

Mission accomplished. :censored: Yeah!

Mr. Automatic Mike Green. he is one helluva player.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived