2009 NHL season thread- Part II

jkrdevil

According to TSN.CA the Oilers may or not be in talks with Jagr.

Exciting huh?

-Dan

So much for his rumored desire to finish his career here in Pittsburgh and desire to do anything to pay back Lemieux, including play for minimum salary (which I dont believe, especially since this is Jagr were talking about).

I never put too much stock in that rumor anyway, though Jagr playing on a line with Sid is pretty exciting. We need someone alittle more... selfish, to take what Crosby likes to dish out to his linemates.

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exciting huh?

-Dan

So much for his rumored desire to finish his career here in Pittsburgh and desire to do anything to pay back Lemieux, including play for minimum salary (which I dont believe, especially since this is Jagr were talking about).

I never put too much stock in that rumor anyway, though Jagr playing on a line with Sid is pretty exciting. We need someone alittle more... selfish, to take what Crosby likes to dish out to his linemates.

The orginal report in false. Jagr isn't joining any team this season. Because he has played a game in Europe this season if he signs as a free agent with a team he has to pass through waivers first, and he would be claimed. No team is going to sign him only to then lose him. If JAgr is to return to the NHL it will have to be next season.

Exciting huh?

-Dan

The orginal report in false. Jagr isn't joining any team this season. Because he has played a game in Europe this season if he signs as a free agent with a team he has to pass through waivers first, and he would be claimed. No team is going to sign him only to then lose him. If JAgr is to return to the NHL it will have to be next season.

True, the pens rumor was for Jagr to maybe join next season, or more likely the year after, but its probably a longshot nonetheless.

oBIgzrL.png

Maybe the biggest 3 Game Road Trip until early March when we will spend 2 weeks on the Eastern Seaboard due to the Tim Hortons Brier

Anaheim

LA

Phoenix

We've beaten them all but there all contending now and it will be tough but this team i have a feeling can rally through these 3 games

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Nice little come from behind win for the Nucks tonight. Trailed 2-0 after 1, 3-2 after 2, and take it 6-4 for the final.

Sundin scored the first two Canuck goals to bring them back into the game... I think he's shaken off the rust, 8 points for the Kesler/Sundin/Demitra line tonight.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Nice little come from behind win for the Nucks tonight. Trailed 2-0 after 1, 3-2 after 2, and take it 6-4 for the final.

Sundin scored the first two Canuck goals to bring them back into the game... I think he's shaken off the rust, 8 points for the Kesler/Sundin/Demitra line tonight.

The St. Louis Blues are worthless. They lose when I want them to win, but they have no trouble pulling victories out of their butt when they play Columbus.

Oh well, tonight the Blue Jackets did something that I couldn't have imagined a few years ago. They swept the Colorado Avalanche for the season. Why is this significant? Because no team was harder on the expansion Jackets than the Avs. It took like 3 years for them to even win a game against them. It wasn't until either two years ago or last season that they won in Colorado. This is a little mini victory for me even though Colorado isn't the team they used to be.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The St. Louis Blues are worthless. They lose when I want them to win, but they have no trouble pulling victories out of their butt when they play Columbus.

Oh well, tonight the Blue Jackets did something that I couldn't have imagined a few years ago. They swept the Colorado Avalanche for the season. Why is this significant? Because no team was harder on the expansion Jackets than the Avs. It took like 3 years for them to even win a game against them. It wasn't until either two years ago or last season that they won in Colorado. This is a little mini victory for me even though Colorado isn't the team they used to be.

Man, Lacosta is winning me over every time he makes an NHL appearance. I saw him a few times when he was a member of the Barrie Colts, and he was dynamite. It is pretty amazing to see Columbus with three starting goalies in their system. Lacosta will be good, Mason will be good, and Leclaire is good when healthy. They now have pieces to play with to improve their offense! It should be fun to see what happens. I don't get why it seems so easy for goalies to get shutouts while playing with them lately. :P

The Leafs ALMOST won tonight. Good thing they let three goals in 12 minutes and then lost it in OT. The race to the bottom is still going strong!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Habs have been playing like poop for the past two weeks. God, stop handing over victories left and right. These days, they are playing like they don't even warm up before games, this outburst of brainfarts is inexcusable.

Forget division titles, I just hope they don't slip out of playoff contention.

<_<<_<<_<

Exciting huh?

Hmm, yeah, no chance Edmonton brings in Jagr.

Would be nice if the Oil could bring in some actual veteran talent for once though (worked in 2006!)... <_<

6uXNWAo.png

Whose the best team in the league? :)

Currently, the Sharks. Let's see what they do in the playoffs though.

If the Sharks don't at least make the Western Conference Finals they are a failure, this team is too good not to go far, and I think they have the talent to play for the Cup, but the Red Wings could cause a problem, other then that there is no reason they should not be playing into June.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Man, Lacosta is winning me over every time he makes an NHL appearance. I saw him a few times when he was a member of the Barrie Colts, and he was dynamite. It is pretty amazing to see Columbus with three starting goalies in their system. Lacosta will be good, Mason will be good, and Leclaire is good when healthy. They now have pieces to play with to improve their offense! It should be fun to see what happens. I don't get why it seems so easy for goalies to get shutouts while playing with them lately. :P

It's weird, we now have a goalie controversy. My guess is that Pascal Leclaire will be in a new uniform next season, hopefully that means the center we need will be in our awesome awesome uniforms next season as well. Wade Dubeliewicz may not be necessary after all.

Steve Mason is supposed to be good to go on Friday at home against the Red Wings, by the way.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Now, if only Luongo would stop letting in weak goals, we might have something. I'd really like to see them add a puck moving defenceman at the deadline if they can, the Canuck's break out has been tragic for the last couple of months.

:censored: Tim Thomas and :censored: this game. :censored:. <_<

You can't be serious. Tim Thomas has backstopped this team to tops in the league, and all of a sudden :censored: him because he had a bad game?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Whose the best team in the league? :)

Currently, the Sharks. Let's see what they do in the playoffs though.

The Sharks are an amazing regular season team!

The Sharks will do nothing in the playoffs. Second round, they're gone. Conference finals, maybe, but I doubt it. I just can't see them doing anything but choking, if I was a #8 team I wouldn't be too sad about playing the Sharks. I wouldn't want to play the Red Wings. If I had to predict I would say Red Wings as a lock for conference finals, and maybe for a repeat performance for the cup.

Archived