2009 NHL season thread- Part II

jkrdevil

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is some fun facts for those who care.

In the show 'Bones', David Boreanaz's character Special Agent Seeley Booth is a big hockey fan.

In the most recent episode 'Fire in the Ice' (Season 4, Episode 13) we get to see him playing hockey. From what I can tell, they are playing the Capitals' practice facility (observation due to the large number of Caps flags hanging around in the facility and the fact this show takes place in DC).

In addition, during a 'blackout' scene (due to him smacking his head off the ice... with no helmet!) he sees himself in a white 70's Flyers jersey with an all black 'C' and 'Clarke' on the back playing shinny with Luc Robitaille who is wearing a white Edge Kings jersey (with no captaincy of any sort... and giving him advice about how to solve a case... very amusing).

Just thought I'd pass this off. This is the most NHL I have seen in a TV show in a LONG, LONG time. Maybe it doesn't belong in this thread, but I don't feel like making a separate thread for this.

I saw that episode to. Some stuff in it was pretty inaccurate or unlikely, though. Collecting blood during a game? I understand that for the purposes of the show, but getting called for charging when 1. he only took one stride to hit the guy and 2. it was after the play? Roughing or Unsportsmanlike, sure, but not Charging. Especially when there is alot of cross checking, elbowing, and high sticking going on when he tries to piss off the one guy (who knocks him out) that goes uncalled.

Nonetheless, good to see some hockey on primtetime TV for once.

oBIgzrL.png

Not that anybody's counting, but Steve Mason recorded another shutout tonight. At the end of tonight's games the CBJs will be no worse than 6th in the standings.

I'm counting :P .

And since y'all won't let us do game updates in this thread, I had to give you updates in my avatar :P .

6fQjS3M.png

Stars win third straight against the Red Wings who had won 7 straight at home before the Stars came in.

:)

The Stars are 3-1-0 against the Red Wings this year ... playoff push continues ...

Who.

Cares.

The Leafs fan knows nothing of this "playoff push" you speak of.

He is just mad, because the Leafs won tonight ^_^.

Nah, I just don't care about game summaries after EVERY game.

If we want to see that stuff, we can find it on TSN, ESPN, etc.

Then leave it at that, if you don't want to read it ignore him. It's as simple as that, he's not bashing the leafs or the sens, whichever team you're a fan of again. :P

Sure it gets a little annoying, but so does someone complaining about it each time.

Hi, how are you?

Stars win third straight against the Red Wings who had won 7 straight at home before the Stars came in.

:)

The Stars are 3-1-0 against the Red Wings this year ... playoff push continues ...

Who.

Cares.

The Leafs fan knows nothing of this "playoff push" you speak of.

He is just mad, because the Leafs won tonight ^_^.

Nah, I just don't care about game summaries after EVERY game.

If we want to see that stuff, we can find it on TSN, ESPN, etc.

Then leave it at that, if you don't want to read it ignore him. It's as simple as that, he's not bashing the leafs or the sens, whichever team you're a fan of again. :P

Sure it gets a little annoying, but so does someone complaining about it each time.

plus, I like being able to come here and check the pulse on each team. If everyone is posting after each one of their team's game then I get a better feel of how every team is doing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Devils keep on winning, a comeback win against Pittsburgh tonight in OT. 8th win in a row for them.

That's the kind of win Pittsburgh was used to seeing last season/year. Forgot how tough it was to be on the other end of those. What a bipolar season.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

At very least, its an overtime loss, so the pens still get a point, and have 3 out of at least 42 needed points after the all star break to get into the playoffs.

Hopefully they dont let it get to them, and get a good win against the Leafs tonight, when we'll see the first start with Pittsburgh for Garon.

oBIgzrL.png

At very least, its an overtime loss, so the pens still get a point, and have 3 out of at least 42 needed points after the all star break to get into the playoffs.

Hopefully they dont let it get to them, and get a good win against the Leafs tonight, when we'll see the first start with Pittsburgh for Garon.

4 of my friends will be at that game.

I will be sitting at home watching it on tv. Sigh...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I see Tuukkkkkaaa!!!

I'm sure Toronto is kicking themselves

Meh. Look at the team in front of him. I'm sure you could stick Trevor Kidd back there and he'd get a win. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Caps beat the Wings, handing them their 5th straight loss. Caps have the MVP, Wings dont. nuff said. what a great game tho, very defense minded, played very close to the vest by both teams. we were lucky they didnt have Holmstrom tho, with all the late powerplays we gave them. Caps played a very good game, im proud of them.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The refs stole a win for the Habs today against LA. If you don't see it that way, you're either:

a. visually impaired

b. a Canadiens fan

c. both

Worst exhibition of officiating I've seen in a while. Yes, the Kings blew it, but the officials took the two points away from them. (BTW, that was a very dirty hit from Gauthier. I'm not disputing that. Everything else, though... oh yeah.)

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

And the Avs blow another game. The future is bleak for Colorado hockey fans.

ah well the fans of the Colorado Avalanche were the most spoiled fans in the NHL for about 10 years. A string of bad years will build character within the fanbase.

PvO6ZWJ.png

And the Avs blow another game. The future is bleak for Colorado hockey fans.

ah well the fans of the Colorado Avalanche were the most spoiled fans in the NHL for about 10 years. A string of bad years will build character within the fanbase.

Thats very true. The early years were golden!

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived