Sixers Rebrand

Krona

A few tweaks here and there, and I've got a new 76ers concept. A little old, with a new twist. Lets hear some feedback!:

UPDATE:

fixed the 13 stars. one was hiding out beneath "ers", but the 13 stars wasnt as important to me as the idea of the stars. shouldve known better than to get past the star counters on these boards. also gave some definition to the ball and added an additional outline to the 76ers and added a secondary mark:Sixers-1.jpg

I tried to center Philadelphia and it wasnt working. I'll probably scrap that part and try again, as well a defining what you can see of the ball.probably should add a silver outline to the "s" that hangs over while im at it.

real nice. as i think the sixers really need to go back to their original look and this would be perfect since it is a little modern as well. but gotta get that 13th star in the circle so theyre all hangin out together. regarding the thing about the basketball and volleyball, the only reason it might not look like a basketball to some is because the main part of the ball where all the lines intersect is hidden. rotate the lines to the bottom near the side and it will be fine.

Too many circles. I lost count how many there were. Simplify this please.

I think you really lose the fact that the center circle is a basketball with so much attention focused elsewhere on the logo, like the "76ers" mark, the stars in the outer circle, and the text even further outside of that. Where do you want my eye to go? Make sure it gets there.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Sixers-1.jpg

Wow, I REALLY like this. Fantastic start, grubstreet. I think the relationship of the secondary to the primary is perfect. You removed just the right stuff and left the necessary stuff to make it really work as a secondary. The colors are great. I love the way you worked a touch of gray in.

I have only two suggestions:

There are a LOT of outlines/circles right now. Starting with the blue outline of the ball and working my way out, I count 7, plus a circle of stars and a circle of type. I would try eliminating some of them, but it's so balanced right now it's hard to decide what needs to go. Maybe lose the white circle just inside the gray circle, and the blue one inside that. Then you'd have the red circle filling out all the way to the gray one.

Also, look at putting a little more separation between the P in Philadelphia and the B in Basketball. The space right now looks equal to a regular space, so the two words are running together.

But all in all, this is a great logo set. I'd love to see uniforms.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Too many circles. I lost count how many there were. Simplify this please.

I think you really lose the fact that the center circle is a basketball with so much attention focused elsewhere on the logo, like the "76ers" mark, the stars in the outer circle, and the text even further outside of that. Where do you want my eye to go? Make sure it gets there.

im gonna agree here...simplify 'er up

Why did you get rid of that gray shadow on the bottom right of the ball? I loved that. it really made the ball pop out. the gray outlines arent the same. Plus I really think you need to rearrange the lines on the ball still since they are all hidden behind the 76. If you look at most good basketball logos, that part of the ball where the lines meet up and curve must be seen. you can move them more to the bottom where there is that open space, but they will need to be closer to the edge of the ball.

Sixers-1.jpg

Also, look at putting a little more separation between the P in Philadelphia and the B in Basketball. The space right now looks equal to a regular space, so the two words are running together.

I totally LOVE the concept. Incredibly well designed. I agree with the above comment though. There needs to be more seperation between the P and B in the 2 words.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived