Lions uniform changes

Proc

Unless it's to remove the black or minor changes, I'm totally against it. If they do commit to drastic changes it's a admission that it's going to be a very long and painfull era of rebuilding. We all know the Lions are doing this for one simple reason, to make a buck. They know the team sucks and is going to contiue to struggle mightily for years to come, so no one is going to buy their merchandise for the foreseeable future. What to do? You artificially create excitment by bringing in a new look to go with the a "new look; new attitude" concept. All the while charging top dollar (natch) for the new gear. As a Lions fan it is kind of insulting when you stop to think about it. Wasn't it not long ago we heard something about puting "lipstick on a pig".

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless it's to remove the black or minor changes, I'm totally against it. If they do commit to drastic changes it's a admission that it's going to be a very long and painfull era of rebuilding. We all know the Lions are doing this for one simple reason, to make a buck. They know the team sucks and is going to contiue to struggle mightily for years to come, so no one is going to buy their merchandise for the foreseeable future. What to do? You artificially create excitment by bringing in a new look to go with the a "new look; new attitude" concept. All the while charging top dollar (natch) for the new gear. As a Lions fan it is kind of insulting when you stop to think about it. Wasn't it not long ago we heard something about puting "lipstick on a pig".

What are you talking about?!? The Lions just gave the worst regular season record in NFL history. Why would you keep the same uniforms from the past regime? To remind the fans, "Hey, were going to keep wearing the same uniforms we use to get the 0-16 record. Just to remind you that the Lions suck, the management sucks, and nothing will change." So yeah, the Lions are going to change the uniforms not to get away from the 0-16 record, Matt Millen, or the below .500 records for the past decade, but to make money from the fans. . . ridiculous!

Using your logic the Red Wings should have changed their look in "Dead Wing" era, or the Tigers who hadn't had a winning season in what? twelve some years. Detroit has been blessed by having 4 pro teams that have a classy look, it would be a shame if the Lions f**ck it up by completely overhauling their look. We both know this has less to do with winning games and more to do about selling merchandise.

They know the team sucks and is going to continue to struggle mightily for years to come, so no one is going to buy their merchandise for the foreseeable future. What to do? You artificially create excitment by bringing in a new look to go with the a "new look; new attitude" concept.

To piss off the ghost of George Orwell, this isn't incorrect.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

maybe next year at their home opener they will wear an 0-16 patch on the jerseys to commerate the imperfect season,

and ten years from now they will wear the 2008 unis to honor the best team ever to be the worst

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

What are you talking about?!? The Lions just gave the worst regular season record in NFL history. Why would you keep the same uniforms from the past regime? To remind the fans, "Hey, were going to keep wearing the same uniforms we use to get the 0-16 record. Just to remind you that the Lions suck, the management sucks, and nothing will change." So yeah, the Lions are going to change the uniforms not to get away from the 0-16 record, Matt Millen, or the below .500 records for the past decade, but to make money from the fans. . . ridiculous!

Using your logic the Red Wings should have changed their look in "Dead Wing" era, or the Tigers who hadn't had a winning season in what? twelve some years. Detroit has been blessed by having 4 pro teams that have a classy look, it would be a shame if the Lions f**ck it up by completely overhauling their look. We both know this has less to do with winning games and more to do about selling merchandise.

At least the Red Wings had won several championships before tanking for a decade or so.

Not five decades.

Are you kidding me? Look at the teams who have changed their uniforms. Arizona is going to the Super Bowl, Tampa Bay, Denver changed their uniforms and they both have won the Super Bowl afterwards, it's not always about money, if that was the case, Washington and Dallas would have done this 5 times by now. It's a new era, and they want a change, new attitude doesn't always mean they want more money, yes it's nice but it's not the main reason, get your head out of your ass, because in case you haven't seen this they didn't win a damn game last season. They want to get away from 0-16 uniforms and have something of a new attitude.

Detroit has been blessed by having 4 pro teams that have a classy look, it would be a shame if the Lions f**ck it up by completely overhauling their look. We both know this has less to do with winning games and more to do about selling merchandise.

The Lions haven't had a classy look since they let Millen play with it.

We're talking about them returning to a decent uniform - it's plenty "f**cked up" now.

I like my head just were it is Gary sweetheart. If you think changing the uniforms is going to change the Lions loosing ways than youre out of your f***ing mind. The only change the Lions need is at the top with a new owner and as long as the Fords are running the show the franchise will continue to suck no matter what pretty new threads they dream up.

I like my head just were it is Gary sweetheart. If you think changing the uniforms is going to change the Lions loosing ways than youre out of your f***ing mind. The only change the Lions need is at the top with a new owner and as long as the Fords are running the show the franchise will continue to suck no matter what pretty new threads they dream up.

Sorry, already spoken for. Look at the Bidwells, new stadium, new duds, Super Bowl, they have always had a sorry excuse for a team. Bidwells are a team that have always been penny pinchers. If you stop looking in the past and look into the future, you would realise that past is in the past, look towards the future. Like I said, money is one thing it's what they do with it is another. Btw damn right I do think i'm out of my :censored:ing mind, i've been a Damn Lions fan for 22 years, and I do think they will do something with themselves, the only place to go is up. If you would stop being so negative and look forward to something good

The Cards fortunes changed when Bidwell Sr. went senile. Bidwell Jr. is in charge now. Besides, let's see how they do in the next few years, they're still a 7 loss team that got hot at the right time. I want to see sustained excellence before I brand what the Bidwells have done a success, this Super Bowl run just might be a fluke, only time will tell.

The Cards fortunes changed when Bidwell Sr. went senile. Bidwell Jr. is in charge now. Besides, let's see how they do in the next few years, they're still a 7 loss team that got hot at the right time. I want to see sustained excellence before I brand what the Bidwells have done a success, this Super Bowl run just might be a fluke, only time will tell.

You are just Mr. Negativity aren't ya?

Look at the teams who have changed their uniforms. Arizona is going to the Super Bowl, Tampa Bay, Denver changed their uniforms and they both have won the Super Bowl afterwards

Obvious causal relationship.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"loosing"?

To both you and Gary: it's a pet peeve, but I see this so many times, it makes me crazy.

It's B-I-D-W-I-L-L. Not B-I-D-W-E-L-L.

Carry on.

Article in today's Detroit News....one of the columnists calls for a completely new color scheme and even suggest they adopt the Michigan Panthers (USFL) colors...

The Lions most important order of business: getting a new logo

Cool, thanks for the link Proc. Having Drew Sharp advocating a complete design overhaul just about guarentees that it's never going to happen...what a relief.

If y'all are ever bored go to the Red Ceder Message boards at http://www.spartantailgate.com and do a search on Drew Sharp, some very entertaining threads over there. The Spartans hate the man with a boundless passion.

In the spirit of coperation I will make one small concession. I do find the idea of an old english D on the helmet intriguing. Perhaps we could get one of the many computer wizards on here to come up with a rendering of that.

I do find the idea of an old english D on the helmet intriguing.

Nah, not on the helmet. But as I posted earlier in this thread, I do think they should use it as a secondary somewhere.

The Old English D is so played out. It's the Tigers D.
Then how about the version the Red Wings wore during the winter classic.

Yes, this. It's a Detroit mark in general. It's everywhere around here, and it's not just for the Tigers.

Archived