Lions uniform changes

Proc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been watching NFL football since 1974 at the tender age of 7. I've been a HUGE NFL helmets nerd all my life, and have over 80 in my current mini-Riddell collection. I've frequented this board for several years, and yet, not until today did I learn that the Lions logo on the helmet is named "Bubbles". BUBBLES?!?!!??! Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?! WHO named it that? Why?

I've seen some nice looking creations by several of you on these boards to make an update to the Lions look. Keep the Honolulu Blue & silver, ditch the black. Update the helmet logo. Tampa added a new color but kept their original colors too. It's funny how many teams changed their look and ended up having instant success. From the 1981 Bengals striped look that landed them in a Super Bowl during their first year in that, to the 1999 Titans, the Bucs changing identities as it were, and having success, heck, even the Seahawks changed and made it to the big game. Now Arizona has done it. I'd like to see a modernized Lions logo and uniform, but keep the primary colors, ditch the black.

Bubbles?!?!?!?! That's a stripper's name!!

I've been watching NFL football since 1974 at the tender age of 7. I've been a HUGE NFL helmets nerd all my life, and have over 80 in my current mini-Riddell collection. I've frequented this board for several years, and yet, not until today did I learn that the Lions logo on the helmet is named "Bubbles". BUBBLES?!?!!??! Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?! WHO named it that? Why?

I've seen some nice looking creations by several of you on these boards to make an update to the Lions look. Keep the Honolulu Blue & silver, ditch the black. Update the helmet logo. Tampa added a new color but kept their original colors too. It's funny how many teams changed their look and ended up having instant success. From the 1981 Bengals striped look that landed them in a Super Bowl during their first year in that, to the 1999 Titans, the Bucs changing identities as it were, and having success, heck, even the Seahawks changed and made it to the big game. Now Arizona has done it. I'd like to see a modernized Lions logo and uniform, but keep the primary colors, ditch the black.

It's not an official name. Is it even used outside of these boards? No reason to get all worked up over it and give yourself a heart attack.

I just don't like the OE D for the Lions.

Then you'll be pleased to know that the Lions will be switching to Fowler's Modern English Usage. Matt Millen was a fervent descriptivist, so it's no wonder he was a terrible GM.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's not an official name. Is it even used outside of these boards? No reason to get all worked up over it and give yourself a heart attack.

They use it on 97.1 The Ticket, the biggest sports radio station in Detroit.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

And that makes you an expert? ^_^

The reason they call it "Bubbles" is because it is looks like the logo is leaping up trying to pop bubbles with his paws... in the least intimidating way possible...

http://www.sportsinferno.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43679

http://detroitlionsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3699

The Cards fortunes changed when Bidwell Sr. went senile. Bidwell Jr. is in charge now. Besides, let's see how they do in the next few years, they're still a 7 loss team that got hot at the right time. I want to see sustained excellence before I brand what the Bidwells have done a success, this Super Bowl run just might be a fluke, only time will tell.

To both you and Gary: it's a pet peeve, but I see this so many times, it makes me crazy.

It's B-I-D-W-I-L-L. Not B-I-D-W-E-L-L.

Carry on.

Sorry Donovan, have always used the BidwEll as a name, I know it's with an I, but ever since 2003 when they were trying to get the stadium someone in Arizona someone called them BidwEll because they can suck a money well dry and it's stuck in my head since, probably it's in my head and it won't go away :P

Sorry Donovan, have always used the BidwEll as a name, I know it's with an I, but ever since 2003 when they were trying to get the stadium someone in Arizona someone called them BidwEll because they can suck a money well dry and it's stuck in my head since, probably it's in my head and it won't go away :P

Which of course, is a completely false accusation.

I think the Bidwill family does more charity work than anyone else in sports.

Which of course, is a completely false accusation.

That I do know and I have met Bill Bidwill on a couple of occassions, nice guy and a very charitable man. Guess it's an inside joke

This is what they need:

Jason_Hanson_1125.jpg

with out the black!!!!!

Actually, THIS is what the Lions need:

enema-kit.jpg

They already used it when they got rid of Matt Millen. :D

Close....that was a douche.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Sounds like Bill Wirtz. Charity is great, but apparently it doesn't absolve you from being reviled for your horrible stewardship in sports.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Anybody else see this it was over on a Lions MB 3251978803_cc80d945ac_o.jpg

Not bad at least it keeps the basic idea of the leaping Lion. I would'nt mind if you could make it blue like the one they have now.

Also someone on there says he has a friend at Reebok and obviously it's not this but they have new stuff in production now.

So they must have already decided on something

Archived