2009 NASCAR Season

BrySmalls

I hate this I'm sure the system wasn't gonna be there all night there are lights and you can't end the biggest race of the year like this and it was gonna be a hell of a show when they got back racing congrats to Matt, now it's off to the most boring race in my mind the Auto Club 500 that race should only be 300.

There should be a rule put in place that if the track that there racing at has lights it shouldn't be rained out and have run later or the next day, especially when it's the 500.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate this I'm sure the system wasn't gonna be there all night there are lights and you can't end the biggest race of the year like this and it was gonna be a hell of a show when they got back racing congrats to Matt, now it's off to the most boring race in my mind the Auto Club 500 that race should only be 300.

There should be a rule put in place that if the track that there racing at has lights it shouldn't be rained out and have run later or the next day, especially when it's the 500.

It depends on how much rain was falling in the area and the amount of time it would take to dry the track completely so it would be safe to restart the race. I'm going on a hunch here that if the rain stopped by 7:30, it would take 2/3/4 hrs to get the track dry for a restart which is probably way too late.

Congrats to Kenseth.

It depends on how much rain was falling in the area and the amount of time it would take to dry the track completely so it would be safe to restart the race. I'm going on a hunch here that if the rain stopped by 7:30, it would take 2/3/4 hrs to get the track dry for a restart which is probably way too late.

Congrats to Kenseth.

Mike Helton said that it would take about an hour for it to stop then with the humidity could have taken longer, still I would really loved to see a good finish and to have it run tomorrow.

Congrats to Kenseth.

Mike Helton said that it would take about an hour for it to stop then with the humidity could have taken longer, still I would really loved to see a good finish and to have it run tomorrow.

Did he mention how long it would take to dry?

Congrats to Kenseth.

Did he mention how long it would take to dry?

Nothing on that but I would assume just about an hour or two.

Maybe its time NASCAR goes back to running the Daytona at Noon.

I actually like the late afternoon to twilight finish and I haven't heard anything about the Drivers complaining but It probably would have saved this race from an untimely end.

How do you spell overrated

D-A-L-E E-A-R-N-H-A-R-D-T J-R

I am not a Junior fan but I wholeheartedly disagree with you. It's entirely unfair to base your assessment of Junior on the two things everyone bases it on, his name and his popularity. No one calls Matt Kenseth overrated yet he has two less career cup wins than Junior. Greg Biffle is everyone's favorite "underrated" driver yet he has 4 fewer career cup wins that Junior, How about Kevin Harvick? Junior has 7 more wins. And we haven't even gotten into career top 5s or top 10s etc. I could go on but I think I've made my point. If Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s name was Dale Smith and he was the circuit's 10th most popular driver he'd be considered one of the top drivers in NASCAR right now.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, there is rain, but I don't care. Shortening the Daytona 500 is a joke. Do whatever you have to. Finish the damn race.

They were saying that the soonest they could resume the race was 11pm...if the rain stopped that second. No doubt that it sucked but sometimes it's just a part of racing.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, there is rain, but I don't care. Shortening the Daytona 500 is a joke. Do whatever you have to. Finish the damn race.

They were saying that the soonest they could resume the race was 11pm...if the rain stopped that second. No doubt that it sucked but sometimes it's just a part of racing.

Finish it tomorrow then. This is NASCAR's Super Bowl. Bud Selig made a controversial call to wait out monstrous rain to continue a World Series game 2 days later in the 7th inning. NASCAR's signature is the crashes and the close finishes. If you are going to take away any possibility of an exciting ending to your flagship event and let rain beat you, I don't know why I should watch. Bend the rules a little. It's not worth it to stop.

Finish it tomorrow then. This is NASCAR's Super Bowl. Bud Selig made a controversial call to wait out monstrous rain to continue a World Series game 2 days later in the 7th inning. NASCAR's signature is the crashes and the close finishes. If you are going to take away any possibility of an exciting ending to your flagship event and let rain beat you, I don't know why I should watch. Bend the rules a little. It's not worth it to stop.

Exactly. I hate seeing rain-shortened races as much as the next guy, and while I do understand that Mama Nature doesn't really cooperate sometimes. I also don't have the time and/or attention span to watch all 500 laps of the race, but be damned if I happen to tune in and there's less that 20 laps left - especially in the Daytona 500 - I'm sticking around to watch. The last 3 laps of a Daytona or Talladega race probably shoot my blood pressure into unhealthy levels. You never know what's going to happen.

Shoulda finished it on Monday.

Also, I can't find the results anywhere? Everywhere is saying Kenseth won, but I can't find the full standings.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Exactly. I hate seeing rain-shortened races as much as the next guy, and while I do understand that Mama Nature doesn't really cooperate sometimes. I also don't have the time and/or attention span to watch all 500 laps of the race, but be damned if I happen to tune in and there's less that 20 laps left - especially in the Daytona 500 - I'm sticking around to watch. The last 3 laps of a Daytona or Talladega race probably shoot my blood pressure into unhealthy levels. You never know what's going to happen.

Also, I can't find the results anywhere? Everywhere is saying Kenseth won, but I can't find the full standings.

Right on ESPN. And I agree. :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/raceresults?...&seriesId=2

Exactly. I hate seeing rain-shortened races as much as the next guy, and while I do understand that Mama Nature doesn't really cooperate sometimes. I also don't have the time and/or attention span to watch all 200 laps of the race, but be damned if I happen to tune in and there's less that 20 laps left - especially in the Daytona 500 - I'm sticking around to watch. The last 3 laps of a Daytona or Talladega race probably shoot my blood pressure into unhealthy levels. You never know what's going to happen.

Right on ESPN. And I agree. :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/raceresults?...&seriesId=2

Fixed.

Archived