2009 NASCAR Season

BrySmalls

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's a bit of an outside shot, but I'm really cheering for Mark Martin to do well this year. He's pretty much the only driver on that list who had driven in a Winston Cup (I will forever call it that) race before 1990.

No Morgan-McClure #4 this year? That's got to be the first time since at least 1988. I've been used to seeing that #4 (always the same font) over the years.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I know it's a bit of an outside shot, but I'm really cheering for Mark Martin to do well this year. He's pretty much the only driver on that list who had driven in a Winston Cup (I will forever call it that) race before 1990.

No Morgan-McClure #4 this year? That's got to be the first time since at least 1988. I've been used to seeing that #4 (always the same font) over the years.

Mark Martin is in a Hendrick car. It's not an outside shot at all. He drove great in that scrap metal from DEI last season. Just think what he'll do in Hendrick equipment. Hell, he's already row one at Daytona. I think he makes the chase and then who knows what happens?

BB52Big.jpg

I used to love Nascar, too many changes in such a short time for me though.

Despite that, how can you not watch the 500?!!

Should be a great race :)

I agree, especially watching it in person and having your driver win is a pretty amazing feeling. B)

I used to love Nascar, too many changes in such a short time for me though.

Despite that, how can you not watch the 500?!!

Should be a great race :)

I agree, especially watching it in person and having your driver win is a pretty amazing feeling. B)

If you can get to Daytona or Talladega, please do so. I have also been to Indy before the IRL split and I think I had more fun at NASCAR. The DEI/Ganassi guys ran qualified well, but I am worried about how JPM will handle the traffic with no testing. The fall 'dega race he was competitive. The Roush/Fenway was slow and Haas/Stewart was good Hendrick power. Mark Martin is in his best ever chance to get a him here as well as a title, but 48 is still there until Homestead.

I've been to...

Daytona 500 qualifying in like 2002

Pepsi 400 Qualifying before that

The last Winston Cup race in Homestead miami in 03?

All amazing.

Who's ya'lls favorite drivers?

Mine's Kahne, formerly Rudd

Went to my first race last season. Coca-Cola 600. It was easily the best time I've ever had at a sporting event. I've been to MLB Playoff Games, The NCAA basketball tournament, The World Series, NFL games, and NHL games. NASCAR blew them all away. It's the best "in person" sport out there. We're going to the 600 again this year.

Favorite Drivers: I have three categories.

Contender: Jimmie Johnson or Jeff Gordon

Middle of the pack guy: Elliot Sadler

No chance driver: Michael Waltrip.

Edit: Does anyone have expertise in Nascar sigs?

That would be great.

BB52Big.jpg

All amazing.

Who's ya'lls favorite drivers?

Mine's Kahne, formerly Rudd

Wow...I was a huge Rudd fan through the '90s!

Right now, I'd have to say my favorite driver is Denny Hamlin, I also watched Reed Sorenson beat everybody as a 13-year old racing Legends cars at Charlotte, so I like to see him do well. The Busch brothers, and Yates Racing are others I don't mind winning.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived