2009 NASCAR Season

BrySmalls

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit on a few subjects. Jr proved why he is an idiot and will never win a championship. He can't even pit and then he takes out on another driver and blames the other driver. What pisses me off is that Jason Leffler got penalized 5 laps for the same thing yesterday and Jr gets off? Jr rules and I hate them. He needs to be treated as another driver. But the big baby proved once again why he is unfit to drive a race car and why he should still be in the crib with a bottle.

On the race ending in rain, yes, the 2003 race ended in rain and now this one and you start seeing a bad pattern. There have only been what now 4 races end in rain and 2 within the past 6 years. See the problem? That's right, the start time. They need to start at either 12 or 1 PM eastern to give them the two to three hours track drying time. Plus when you start two to three hours earlier, you finish two to three hours earlier avoiding the typical Florida afternoon showers that pop up around that time. I can't understand why Nascar can't understand that since they are in Florida of all places.

To answer the question about rain tires for Nascar. It's been tried before and they have yet to be able to keep the tires from chunking. It's why when you watch an F1 race they look for the wet spots, because the tires perform better when they are dissipating water they stay cooler. Also, F1 cars are not constantly traveling 180 mph and have the load that cars do on oval. Haven't you figured out that no oval racing has rain tires? The load on each tire would destroy the tire if it had grooves in it. To make a car work the best you need slicks which have the larger and constant tire patch, as soon as you put grooves in the tires, you weaken the tire.

Hit on a few subjects. Jr proved why he is an idiot and will never win a championship. He can't even pit and then he takes out on another driver and blames the other driver. What pisses me off is that Jason Leffler got penalized 5 laps for the same thing yesterday and Jr gets off? Jr rules and I hate them. He needs to be treated as another driver. But the big baby proved once again why he is unfit to drive a race car and why he should still be in the crib with a bottle.

On the race ending in rain, yes, the 2003 race ended in rain and now this one and you start seeing a bad pattern. There have only been what now 4 races end in rain and 2 within the past 6 years. See the problem? That's right, the start time. They need to start at either 12 or 1 PM eastern to give them the two to three hours track drying time. Plus when you start two to three hours earlier, you finish two to three hours earlier avoiding the typical Florida afternoon showers that pop up around that time. I can't understand why Nascar can't understand that since they are in Florida of all places.

To answer the question about rain tires for Nascar. It's been tried before and they have yet to be able to keep the tires from chunking. It's why when you watch an F1 race they look for the wet spots, because the tires perform better when they are dissipating water they stay cooler. Also, F1 cars are not constantly traveling 180 mph and have the load that cars do on oval. Haven't you figured out that no oval racing has rain tires? The load on each tire would destroy the tire if it had grooves in it. To make a car work the best you need slicks which have the larger and constant tire patch, as soon as you put grooves in the tires, you weaken the tire.

No argument here. Even if they had started at 2pm odds are the we would have gotten the full race.

BB52Big.jpg

NASCAR just needs to develop tires so that they can run in the rain. After all, Formula 1 has done it.

They tried it at the Nationwide Race in Montreal a year ago, and it wasn't a good time more then half the teams weren't equipt with windshield wipers lets just say it was a mess.

Also F1 is raced on road courses with little to no banking, almost all Nascar Tracks have banking and it would be a wreck fest all day.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I just have to send a HUGE shoutout/props/congratulations to AJ Allmendinger! Dinger ran in the top 5-10 all day, and had the race gone to full distance, I think he had a legitimate shot at winning the whole thing! Glad to see him finish well. Hopefully this leads to some more sponsorship so he can run the whole 2009 season!

Ataboy AJ!

I just have to send a HUGE shoutout/props/congratulations to AJ Allmendinger! Dinger ran in the top 5-10 all day, and had the race gone to full distance, I think he had a legitimate shot at winning the whole thing! Glad to see him finish well. Hopefully this leads to some more sponsorship so he can run the whole 2009 season!

Ataboy AJ!

Red Bull letting Allmendinger go was a huge mistake. He was running just as well as Vickers at the end of last season. AJ definitely deserves a full time ride somewhere.

Ataboy AJ!

Red Bull letting Allmendinger go was a huge mistake. He was running just as well as Vickers at the end of last season. AJ definitely deserves a full time ride somewhere.

They should have just added a third car for Scott Speed, not forced 'Dinger out the way they did. Bad move on their part. They could have had an awesome driver lineup!

Now it's on to Fontana AKA The Auto Club Speedway, I am kinda looking forward to this race it would be a first for which usually is an uneventful race were you run your engine to the breaking point... but we should see a return to the dominant drivers up front in this one but you never know, My early prediction is that Jeff Gordon breaks out of his winless streak and wins.

I just have this weird feeling someone outside of Roush, Hendrick and JGR is gonna win this race but that could be a stretch.

RCR :P

Exactly they'd be the 4th big team but only having 3 wins last year they really don't fit in sadly.

Jeff Gordon will go winless again this year. Carl Edwards will finish 10th in points, and Jimmie Johnson will win a third title. Oh yeah, and Jr won't even make the chase.

4th in a row

I don't think Gordo will go winless I actually have confidence for him

I just have this weird feeling someone outside of Roush, Hendrick and JGR is gonna win this race but that could be a stretch.

The #14 Stewart-Haas car would be my guess. He's going to be in the thick of it all season long. Tony ran great pretty much all of last week. That's what I'd like to see anyway. The reality is probably that the 18 car wins by half a lap.

BB52Big.jpg

Not the biggest fan of California. I tend to watch it but not as long as with the majority of the other races.

Same with me, this track should not have 2 races put the second race back at Darlington also I feel that races at 1 mile to 1.5 miles shouldn't be 500 Miles with the exception of the Ironman race that being the Coke 600 the attention spans aren't what they used to be so at Atlanta, Texas, 2nd Lowes race and Chicago/Kansas there way to long.

Not the biggest fan of California. I tend to watch it but not as long as with the majority of the other races.

California is one of those long, boring races that really doesn't need to be 500 miles. It's not usually a close finish like Atlanta or Texas.

I expect the Roush cars up front like usual. Carl, or Biffle most likely.

Darkhorse pick: Travis Kvapil

Archived