2009 NASCAR Season

BrySmalls

Same with me, this track should not have 2 races put the second race back at Darlington also I feel that races at 1 mile to 1.5 miles shouldn't be 500 Miles with the exception of the Ironman race that being the Coke 600 the attention spans aren't what they used to be so at Atlanta, Texas, 2nd Lowes race and Chicago/Kansas there way to long.

the only tracks that should have 2 races are Daytona, Talladega, Charlotte, Michigan Bristol and Richmond. All others should have only 1, and give 1 race to Kentucky, Iowa, Rockingham and Montreal. The perfect NASCAR sched would be about 22 Regular Season races, with 10 in the Chase:

1. Daytona

2. California

3. Las Vegas

4. Bristol

5. Martinsville

6. Talladega

7. Richmond

8. Charlotte

9. Dover

10. Pocono

11. Michigan

12. Watkins Glen

13. Loudon

14. Rockingham

15. Chicago

16. Homestead

17. Montreal

18. Kentucky

19. Iowa

20. Texas

21. Kansas

22. Richmond

-------------- CHASE BEGINS

23. Indianapolis

24. Talladega

25. Charlotte

26. Sonoma

27. Michigan

28. Bristol

29. Atlanta

30. Phoenix

31. Richmond

32. Daytona

The chase would have a balanced schedule of 2 plate tracks, 2 short tracks, 1 road course, 1 flat intermediate track (Phx), 3 high-speed intermediate tracks (Michigan, Charlotte and Atlanta), and the Brickyard 400 as the Chase opener. This would more fairly determine the champ. It also cuts 4 races from a season that is far too long.

I've also always thought starting and ending the season at Daytona would be awesome.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you take one away from California, then you need to take that second one away from Michigan. Then again why exactly does Charlotte deserve two races when we already have Texas and Atlanta? I say if you're smart, then take those two dates and give them to a couple of road courses like Elkhart Lake or maybe make a track up in Toronto. Actually the next track that is made needs to be made uniquely and they need to use a historical track to do it. If I had my druthers, the next track would be patterned after Trenton which looked like a kidney bean. I'd bank the corners at 12-14 degrees progressively and let them have fun finding a setup for that track!

Same with me, this track should not have 2 races put the second race back at Darlington also I feel that races at 1 mile to 1.5 miles shouldn't be 500 Miles with the exception of the Ironman race that being the Coke 600 the attention spans aren't what they used to be so at Atlanta, Texas, 2nd Lowes race and Chicago/Kansas there way to long.

the only tracks that should have 2 races are Daytona, Talladega, Charlotte, Michigan Bristol and Richmond. All others should have only 1, and give 1 race to Kentucky, Iowa, Rockingham and Montreal. The perfect NASCAR sched would be about 22 Regular Season races, with 10 in the Chase:

1. Daytona

2. California

3. Las Vegas

4. Bristol

5. Martinsville

6. Talladega

7. Richmond

8. Charlotte

9. Dover

10. Pocono

11. Michigan

12. Watkins Glen

13. Loudon

14. Rockingham

15. Chicago

16. Homestead

17. Montreal

18. Kentucky

19. Iowa

20. Texas

21. Kansas

22. Richmond

-------------- CHASE BEGINS

23. Indianapolis

24. Talladega

25. Charlotte

26. Sonoma

27. Michigan

28. Bristol

29. Atlanta

30. Phoenix

31. Richmond

32. Daytona

The chase would have a balanced schedule of 2 plate tracks, 2 short tracks, 1 road course, 1 flat intermediate track (Phx), 3 high-speed intermediate tracks (Michigan, Charlotte and Atlanta), and the Brickyard 400 as the Chase opener. This would more fairly determine the champ. It also cuts 4 races from a season that is far too long.

I've also always thought starting and ending the season at Daytona would be awesome.

That would be a pretty good schedule what I'd like to see is have Talladega move to the 4th of July weekend have lights put up and run it night, only problem here would be the Thunderstorms and heat that's why they moved it to April in the first place.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

If you take one away from California, then you need to take that second one away from Michigan. Then again why exactly does Charlotte deserve two races when we already have Texas and Atlanta? I say if you're smart, then take those two dates and give them to a couple of road courses like Elkhart Lake or maybe make a track up in Toronto. Actually the next track that is made needs to be made uniquely and they need to use a historical track to do it. If I had my druthers, the next track would be patterned after Trenton which looked like a kidney bean. I'd bank the corners at 12-14 degrees progressively and let them have fun finding a setup for that track!

First off, it may have something to do with that area being the very heart of NASCAR and it's fans. If you can find a place where NASCAR is bigger than it is in the Carolinas then I'd love to hear about it. Second, of the 1.5 mile tracks, Lowe's is the best with Atlanta a close second.

Third, why should any NASCAR fan take you seriously? You didn't even know that Jimmie Johnson was going for his fourth title in a row. :D

BB52Big.jpg

First off, it may have something to do with that area being the very heart of NASCAR and it's fans. If you can find a place where NASCAR is bigger than it is in the Carolinas then I'd love to hear about it. Second, of the 1.5 mile tracks, Lowe's is the best with Atlanta a close second.

exactly. charlotte has always been considered one of the "crown jewels" of the nascar circuit, along with daytona.

i guess one of the michigan races could be replaced with a 4th road course. i'd be all for that actually. elkhart lake, mid-ohio, or even Mexico City.

exactly. charlotte has always been considered one of the "crown jewels" of the nascar circuit, along with daytona.

i guess one of the michigan races could be replaced with a 4th road course. i'd be all for that actually. elkhart lake, mid-ohio, or even Mexico City.

Shortening the schedule is best 30 Races that's it start the season in February like usual and you can spread the bye weeks out starting with the traditional Easter off, and have it go to mid October but i'm all for another road course even using the Daytona road course for example.

Shortening the schedule is best 30 Races that's it start the season in February like usual and you can spread the bye weeks out starting with the traditional Easter off, and have it go to mid October but i'm all for another road course even using the Daytona road course for example.

I don't have a problem with shortening the season. The last thing we need is another road course. Leave the road courses to Indy and F1. Nascar is oval racing. Drop a Pocono Race a Michigan race, and the two road courses.

BB52Big.jpg

I don't have a problem with shortening the season. The last thing we need is another road course. Leave the road courses to Indy and F1. Nascar is oval racing. Drop a Pocono Race a Michigan race, and the two road courses.

The road course races are the most exciting races of the season in most cases. It throws a wrench into the driver's wheel and makes them focus on doing something other than buzzing around in a circle for hours. I think Nascar needs to add more road courses (Mid-Ohio, Montreal, Laguna Seca?) just for some variety. Drivers say they enjoy the road courses (open wheel drivers in particular). Nothing says road courses can only be for open wheel cars. Australian V8 Supercars are some of the most entertaining races I have ever seen!

Drop a Michigan race, drop a Pocono race and add in a couple more road courses.

Variety is the spice of life, or at least that's what I hear.

The road course races are the most exciting races of the season in most cases. It throws a wrench into the driver's wheel and makes them focus on doing something other than buzzing around in a circle for hours. I think Nascar needs to add more road courses (Mid-Ohio, Montreal, Laguna Seca?) just for some variety. Drivers say they enjoy the road courses (open wheel drivers in particular). Nothing says road courses can only be for open wheel cars. Australian V8 Supercars are some of the most entertaining races I have ever seen!

Drop a Michigan race, drop a Pocono race and add in a couple more road courses.

Variety is the spice of life, or at least that's what I hear.

If you think running an oval in a Cup car is simply "buzzing around in a circle" then you really don't get the sport. I never said road courses are for open wheel cars only. My point was there are plenty of other cars that run road courses. NASCAR's core audience is into "buzzing around." If we put too many races on road courses then NASCAR isn't NASCAR anymore. And for the most part, NASCAR drivers don't really care for the road courses.

NASCAR is oval track racing first and foremost. If you're going to cut races from the schedule then the races that make the most sense would be the road courses. Not because they're bad or the racing isn't good. It would be because NASCAR fans are at best split on how they feel about the road courses. If the road courses disappeared from NASCAR tomorrow there wouldn't be much of a reaction from the fans. If you yank Michigan and Pocono and replace them with Mid-Ohio and Montreal the fans are going to have a fit. That's why we don't need more road courses. It would be the same thing as going into F1 and telling them to add more oval tracks at the expense of the Grand Prix races or whatever it is they do in F1. That was my point.

BB52Big.jpg

Not the biggest fan of California. I tend to watch it but not as long as with the majority of the other races.

Apparently even local fans are not big on Fontucky this season as pre-race sales are down 17% from last year, according to the LA Times.

That's probably more a result of the bad economy than the track itself. That said, Fontana isn't exactly on my calendar of "races I can't wait to watch."

BB52Big.jpg

If you can find anyone that loves California please let me know this race is by far THE MOST boring race of the year, Pocono can challenge it because of the way they spread out on the front stretch and that camera shot always gets to me in a good way and this is the only race I know of that will go to commercial during a green flag run with 10 to go and cut back in with 7 haha.

I love California and so do all the drivers. Anyone who's a real racer knows that California is one of the best tracks out there to race on, and that comes from all the racers and crew chiefs. The only people who hate California are the fat out of shape potato slobs that do nothing but watch tv. There is no market bigger than North Carolina? There are plenty of them. Chicago, Texas, Daytona, Bristol, the Northeast including Dover and New Hamshire. I'm the guy who didn't know that Jimmie Johnson won his third straight Cup? You talk like I don't know Nascar and yet I was at the last race in Ontario that Benny Parsons won, I was at Riverside International Raceway for Tim Richmond's last race. I've forgotten more about Nascar then infrared will ever know. I love this whole idea that ovals are what Nascar is, and yet they've run plenty of races on road courses and even had two at Riverside and would start the season in Riverside until about 1982. So to all that think road courses aren't for Nascar, leave your ignorance behind and get with the times. More road courses would prove more to me about someone's driving ability than having 10-15 races at California, Michigan, Kansas, Texas, Chicago, and yes, Charlotte!

I love California and so do all the drivers. Anyone who's a real racer knows that California is one of the best tracks out there to race on, and that comes from all the racers and crew chiefs. The only people who hate California are the fat out of shape potato slobs that do nothing but watch tv. There is no market bigger than North Carolina? There are plenty of them. Chicago, Texas, Daytona, Bristol, the Northeast including Dover and New Hamshire. I'm the guy who didn't know that Jimmie Johnson won his third straight Cup? You talk like I don't know Nascar and yet I was at the last race in Ontario that Benny Parsons won, I was at Riverside International Raceway for Tim Richmond's last race. I've forgotten more about Nascar then infrared will ever know. I love this whole idea that ovals are what Nascar is, and yet they've run plenty of races on road courses and even had two at Riverside and would start the season in Riverside until about 1982. So to all that think road courses aren't for Nascar, leave your ignorance behind and get with the times. More road courses would prove more to me about someone's driving ability than having 10-15 races at California, Michigan, Kansas, Texas, Chicago, and yes, Charlotte!

White. Up. Yes. Whatever. If I would have said I loved California you would have said you hated it. If I had said we need more road courses you would have made the very argument I made against them.

And no, there is no bigger NASCAR market than The Carolinas. Last time I checked, 99% of the teams weren't located in New Hampshire. You saw Benny Parsons at Ontario? So what? I saw Tim Richmond race all the time at our local speedway when I was a kid. My Mom lives about two miles from Cale Yarborough in South Carolina. It doesn't make either of us experts on NASCAR.

NASCAR runs 36 races a season. 34 of them are on ovals. If that doesn't make NASCAR racing "oval based" then I don't know what does.

BB52Big.jpg

I'd like to say that I really :censored:ing hate the California race. :D

Then according to oddball you are a fat slob couch potato. I don't hate California but it's not among my favorites. I don't know what that makes me but I'm sure oddball will be along shortly to tell me. In any case, neither of us are "true fans." :D

BB52Big.jpg

Then according to oddball you are a fat slob couch potato. I don't hate California but it's not among my favorites. I don't know what that makes me but I'm sure oddball will be along shortly to tell me. In any case, neither of us are "true fans." :D

Wonder if he critiques the font that is used on the boards too.

Thanks for giving him that idea.

BB52Big.jpg

Thanks for giving him that idea.

Sorry :mellow:

Archived