New Iowa/Purdue basketball jerseys

cubsfan07

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I am not a real fan of SOD, I do welcome the change. The thing about the current set that I never liked was the numbers. They always struck me as looking like those on a NASCAR hood. The one good thing about SOD is that the designs are for the most part simple, but the shorts look absolutely rediculous with tight jerseys.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

While I am not a real fan of SOD, I do welcome the change. The thing about the current set that I never liked was the numbers. They always struck me as looking like those on a NASCAR hood. The one good thing about SOD is that the designs are for the most part simple, but the shorts look absolutely rediculous with tight jerseys.

I'm got an invite to the unveiling on a campus bookstore on the 16th (that night at midnight) and on the court against Michigan State on the 17th.

See invite image below:

n64838221479_1295.jpg

I'm got an invite to the unveiling on a campus bookstore on the 16th (that night at midnight) and on the court against Michigan State on the 17th.

See invite image below:

n64838221479_1295.jpg

Which campus bookstore? I grew up in West Lafayette...although I haven't been back in quite a while...

Which campus bookstore? I grew up in West Lafayette...although I haven't been back in quite a while...

Is your favorite NFL player Chike Okeafor?

Well, it was a proud moment during the playoffs when Chike introduced himself as being from (instead of saying "Purdue"), "West Lafayette, Red Devils".

Is your favorite NFL player Chike Okeafor?

Well, it was a proud moment during the playoffs when Chike introduced himself as being from (instead of saying "Purdue"), "West Lafayette, Red Devils".

Most of my friends were Westsiders. I would like to imagine that I'm an honorary alum. Or not.

What is up with those collars? And why Black on Black? And why is one wordmark straight across while the other is arched? And why is the number font italicized? Other than those questions, I think these are amazing.

What is up with those collars? And why Black on Black? And why is one wordmark straight across while the other is arched? And why is the number font italicized? Other than those questions, I think these are amazing.

I would agree with all of those questions, I think these would be great with regular numbers, IOWA straight across both, and without the black on black.

n1183590582_30138015_9617.jpgiowaaaa.png

I hate it when they have the same color as the jersey as the main color of the number outlined by another color. Oh and what exactly are NASCAR fonts?!

Somebody at Iowa leaked their new designs...here they are.

I, for one, like them overall...not a big fan of the non-matching fonts on the home and away jerseys, but LOVE the shorts design.

iowauniformsmq1.jpg

Scorekeepers around the nation will start hating the Hawkeyes with that black-on-black crap. For all the NCAA regulations, I am surprised that contrasting numbers has never been instituted as a rule.

Somebody at Iowa leaked their new designs...here they are.

I, for one, like them overall...not a big fan of the non-matching fonts on the home and away jerseys, but LOVE the shorts design.

iowauniformsmq1.jpg

Scorekeepers around the nation will start hating the Hawkeyes with that black-on-black crap. For all the NCAA regulations, I am surprised that contrasting numbers has never been instituted as a rule.

Black on black is very hard... I've had to do maroon on black before.

LvZYtbZ.png

Color-on-color works if the outline is good and thick. Unfortunately, more often than not, that's not the case. I feel bad for anyone trying to cover K-State during the Huggy Bear era, with black on purple or purple on black with painfully thin outlines.

These new Iowa shorts though... very cool. Can't wait to see the Boilers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived