Marlins logo

1stDownCreative

Maybe try taking away the water and doing another full body logo with an F or something.

Gotta agree with this. The logo with just the Marlin coming out of the water is awkward at the bottom. The white wordmark is an improvement, but it is still a little cartoony, and it isn't working for me on the gray jersey.

Still a great logo. I would just tweak the stand-alone logo and find a way to make the wordmark stronger.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The hat reminds me of this:

thumbnail_jumping%20marlin.jpg

How about developing a sleeve patch instead of incorporating the logo on the cap and jersey?

Also, does it strike anyone else that the away jersey has a white wordmark on the front and black numbering on the back?

marlins_show3.jpg

You kind of have a bizarre mash up of a raglan template and set-in template. Your pinstripes go with the set-in, but you still have the lines for the raglan. You should pick one and go with it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really like this, but what if you flipped the black and white for the road wordmark, so that it mimicks the home wordmark, I think the white would make it pop.

Great job, just not entirely sold on the white letters & numbers.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

i'd like to thank EVERYONE on their input and suggestions.... all helped in changes/additions that have definitely improved it from step 1.

here is the a revamp i did of it....after looked at it...there was just way too much detail....so i simplified it down.

below is the original color scheme of teal/black/silver.... and i have added a orange/black/silver version.

marlins_show6.jpgmarlins_show7.jpg

marlins_show8.jpgmarlins_show9.jpg

footer_helmet.gif

I think the teal definitely works better....orange just doesn't look right for a marlin. It wouldn't be a bad accent color though. I'm still not entirely sold on the script, but everything else has come along nicely. A very minor nitpick, but on your 2nd logo (fish-M), where the marlin meets the M on the lower left, there's a tiny sliver of black jutting out. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be there, or if it's just a small oversight. For the script, it might help a bit to give it some inner-details. I think it's just too much white that it's overpowering at this point. Great stuff overall.

PROS

The simplifications turned out great. They really help the logos, especially when the get to be rather small.

The extra little bit of color in the nose. It really adds to the rendering by rounding the nose.

CONS

The wordmark still looks like that of a minor league Marlins affiliate. Please try a "more serious" script. Part of why I get this impression might be because your wordmark has a similar style to the Great Lakes Loons wordmark.

The orange. It might just be the wrong shade of orange, but it just doesn't look right. Either reduce it's role in the package significantly or, possibly, pair it with dark green, like the U of Miami color scheme.

just to continue with random ideas here--ill throw out a couple things. note: my suggestions are all based upon the 'realistic' idea that they will be heavy black/silver with orange as an accent when they do the makeover...anyway, maybe take more advantage of the silver. like their current black alt, silver wordmark or something. i like the new-new marlin--with more color in bill, but with the orange, its a little intense/bright. maybe go more silver in the fish and use the orange as just a slight accent or even remove it from that part of the design? im still not 100% sure how i feel about the wordmark, but some ppl have given some good ideas there. also, on the jerseys, maybe something other than just the straight black piping. i dunno. anyway, feel free to ignore all of this, just my own thoughts/ideas. again, have really enjoyed watching the progress..

everton.png

Archived