Another Detroit Lions Concept

GFB

Detroit-Lions2.png

Detroit-Lions2b.png

Look familiar?

Because this is based on a former NFL logo. From another team.

Give up yet?

605.gif

Yeah, that's the unused Jaguars logo. We all know the story. Was set to become Jags logo until a lawsuit by Jaguar car company prevented it from going through...

But here's the conspiracy part. Guess who owned Jaguar car company up until a few months ago... that's right, Ford Motor Company.

So how crazy would it have been for the Lions to switch to a logo like this after the Jaguars were rejected from using almost the exact same logo? And only because both the Lions and Jaguar Car had the same owner?

So my question is, would that even be legal? And would the Jaguars be entitled to any kind of a lawsuit? Haha, just imagine the kind of cross promoting Ford could have gotten from something like this...

And that logo I posted was just for fun... it wasn't really finished, and I don't know if it ever will be. But hey, feel free to CC it. What do I care?

I dunno, too crazy?

Honestly, considering myself a logo junkie, I didn't immediately make the connection to the Jags logo until you mentioned it.

But I freaking love it. No offense to you or andrew, but this one, IMO (while the other is still fantastic) blows your other Lions concept out of the water.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

This is much stronger than the lion-head logo. If you made a few adjustments to bring this slightly closer to the position of the lion they currently use, it could be a fantastic update for the lions. Right now it's still a little too close to the jaguar. Tweak it, and it's near perfection. Good job.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I think I like this one better than your collaboration a few weeks ago. I'd throw in a bit more detail to the mane (as in making it a bit more shaggy/unkept), but this looks great. The tail could use a little more work as well, like where the tuft is at the end.

This really is great. The only thing I would change would be the tail. Give it more detail.

I agree.

That is about the only problem in my eyes.

A lion's tail usually has the little bushel of fur at the end:

image-4.jpeg

Great job, otherwise.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Saw the original Jags logo connection right away and I agree with the mane and tail comments if you ever decide to finish this.

Awesome job with the conversion and I agree with most everyone that's posted in saying that I would LOVE it as an update to Bubbles with a few finishing touches.

If they Lions have something like this in mind as an "evolution" then I would be one happy fan.

I'm still not convinced they can pull it off, but what would a Lion's fan be without hope?

Nicely done.

Archived