Revisiting the Columbus Blue Jackets

Sport

I like it better than waht they have as their logo right now, although some might argue that your take on the CBJ logo looks slightly cartoonish/minor league. In any case, that is a sweet frickin' mustache! Sweet pork chop sideburns too.

thecatch.jpg

I like it a lot but I think it looks a little minor league-ish. Also, was this made on paint?

Yes, I did it in paint. I don't have my better programs on my computer here at school.

PvO6ZWJ.png

How many people noticed the subtle shape of Ohio in the face and the shading marking where Columbus is located? Great hidden design aspect.

Actually, believe it or not that was intentional. I'm glad someone picked up on that. I wanted to do something subtle that wouldn't bash people over the head with the Ohio thing. This logo was designed with specific intention of being used as an alternate jersey crest and as such I didn't want to literally explain to people that we were a team from Ohio. When I listen to other broadcasts about playing this team they always mention being in Ohio for the road game, I just wanted to place that somewhere within the logo without being overly obvious as the flag logo is now.

When I look at this logo the thing I see in terms of flaws is that the bill of the cap creates a shadowing effect on the left side of his face that resembles an eye socket. I don't know how to correct this as I don't have any eyes represented in the logo.

PvO6ZWJ.png

How many people noticed the subtle shape of Ohio in the face and the shading marking where Columbus is located? Great hidden design aspect.

Actually, believe it or not that was intentional. I'm glad someone picked up on that. I wanted to do something subtle that wouldn't bash people over the head with the Ohio thing. This logo was designed with specific intention of being used as an alternate jersey crest and as such I didn't want to literally explain to people that we were a team from Ohio. When I listen to other broadcasts about playing this team they always mention being in Ohio for the road game, I just wanted to place that somewhere within the logo without being overly obvious as the flag logo is now.

When I look at this logo the thing I see in terms of flaws is that the bill of the cap creates a shadowing effect on the left side of his face that resembles an eye socket. I don't know how to correct this as I don't have any eyes represented in the logo.

Try putting more of the light blue shading on the entire brim instead of just the left side (of the logo) this could also differentiate the dark blue brim from the dark blue shading on the one half of the face. Overall this is a very nice logo, but I would play a bit with the C in the background, try some other fonts or placements. Also see if there is anything that would look better in the neck area, just because the large expanse of white looks a bit off. Great work on this concept.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

Good concept and the Ohio thing makes it evident that you really thought about it, which is always good. I think you should simplify the color scheme, though. Right now, you have dark blue, light blue, red, beige, silver, and goldish on the button. I would ditch the silver and focus more on the contrast between light and dark blue, with red to go along with it, like the Titans, sorta. Getting rid of the flesh-tone might be a problem, though. So leave that, but get rid of the gold and the silver.

That's amazing work for paint. I wouldn't have noticed the Ohio shape if it wasn't pointed out for me but that's good because it's not forced. I think it would look better if you used dark blue on the neck instead of white.

A+++

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

This logo is incredible, great job on hiding the shape of Ohio without making a little too obvious. I wish the logos I make in paint are half as good as this one.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Bringing this back.

I've been on spring break since yesterday so I've been home to work with all my tools. I took into a lot of what you said into consideration and changed some things here and there. The background C underwent a slight change, I got rid of the white neck, and the lighter shade of blue is now livelier.

I've provided a third jersey which is sort of a new take on the old third jersey they used to wear pre-edge. Enjoy and C+C as always.

CBJThirdLogo.png

CBJEdgeAlternateJersey.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived