CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Sigma Kappa

So it doesn't seem like a viable option for such an old franchise, so what? This is a concept, peeps.

I personally love the logos, but just like LEWJ said the Hawk in the secondary looks a little incomplete. It still looks great though. I think I would like the colors tweaked. The Red/Maroon is a bit too dark and the Gold feels off. It feels too...in-between shades. Like you could pick Gold or Mustard but you met it in the middle. I would say lighten it up a little to a Gold like the shade the Stars use currently. If it is already supposed to be that color then blame it on my monitor. Also, that second alternate is boss. I love it. Very classy.

Yep, and charger and I gave credit where credit was due and praised the concept. So we're all on the same page.

Correct. This was not directed towards anybody in particular, it was more to remind people that it is just a concept. So then maybe people after me would realize we already mentioned their current logo being iconic, and got past it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a beautiful looking set Sigma Kappa. But as far as a "Chicago Blackhawks" concept. I'd havet to say no. The Blackhawks have such an iconic and classic logo and uniform set. But none the less, this is an amazing logo, especially the secondary. Great job.

jNTsTyQ.png

You know, I saw this thread thinking it's another futile attempt to update an untouchable Chicago sports franchise, but I'll be damned...you pulled it off, and quite well actually! I'd definitely support it. Maybe try a lighter shade of red, imho.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You know, I saw this thread thinking it's another futile attempt to update an untouchable Chicago sports franchise, but I'll be damned...you pulled it off, and quite well actually! I'd definitely support it. Maybe try a lighter shade of red, imho.

I thought the same exact thing when I opened this, but your logo is great. And you made a black jersey that isn't boring either.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I never thought a classic, timeless look could be updated like this. If the Blackhawks were to ever change this update is tastefully done, captures the name and identity of the team, honours its history by not going overboard, and comes together as a stunningly beautiful package.

stoneraizersig.jpg

amazing work. It fits in with all of the recent good quality concepts coming up lately. It is very nice, if the Blackhawks were an expansion team, these logos are brilliant, but for the Blackhawks now, I don't know if it will work. The alternate logo is genius. That, if altered a bit, could work very good because it has a hawk in it, but it is also more themed around aboriginal art. Excellent work though.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

The only two cents I would add to what everyone one else has said is this. I honestly think the primary has too much of the face blackened out. I know, it sounds petty, but its not sitting with me for some reason. But THAT is all I would say about it in a seemingly negative light. I also agree with going with the 'Hawks current red, especially on black. Love it.

~UJ

These are fantastic again, I really like the primary actually, I think it really works in this case as I am not a huge fan of the current hawks logo anyway. The only thing I noticed right away is how on the eye that is showing the eyebrow slants down towards the outside of the face whereas on the other side there is a weird black notch out where I figured it should be sloping down, try changing that from a black triangle up to a red triangle down and see how it looks. Also maybe not as much flowy hair. Try making the feathers the farthest right point and bring the hair in a bit to balance it out. Again, simply awesome.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

The American Native logo is cool (and let's face it, American Natives are cool, Canadian Natives are ...no comment for the sake of being banned). I don't like that shield logo.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Absolutely exquisite. Clean, but enough detail to look sharp. Excellent colors, great presentation, and a nice simple jersey. I cannot say how impressive this is. The secondary logo is even better, if that's possible. That said, I already love the Blackhawks current look, and it would be quite revolutionary to make such a big change. A little more red on the left side of the face, no front number, and you're set.

scotland_fifasig.png

..Thank you very much guys for all the comments...when I look at this concept now,after your replies,I think you're right and I should have done it little bit different...but what I want to say is,that I am not trying to replace any of the current logos-these concepts are just my attempt to amuse you..I am doing this for you guys,'cause you want to see something new,fresh maybe different or surprising ...I'll try to show you that... :D

Thank you once again!!!

sks7copy-4.png

Yeah, it's fantastic looking, and presented extremely well, but I don't like it for the Blackhawks. The secondary, though, is particularly beautiful.
I agree with the above comments.

Great jersey and logo, but not for the Blackhawks. This would look sweet as a Florida State hockey team!

-Dan

That's awesome. All your work so far has amazed me. I agree that the primary wouldn't really work for the blackhawks, but I think the secondary would.
First, this is gorgeous. Fantastic logos, colors, and jerseys. I do agree with people who say the primary isn't very Blackhawk-ish, but that's ok. I think it would be fantastic if you did a 2-d, side-facing style of your logo. It would me more like an update to the classic Blackhawks' logo. You could then use the front-facing logo on the black alternate.

But regardless, this is great work.

I love both logos, just not for the Blackhawks.
This is a beautiful looking set Sigma Kappa. But as far as a "Chicago Blackhawks" concept. I'd havet to say no. The Blackhawks have such an iconic and classic logo and uniform set. But none the less, this is an amazing logo, especially the secondary. Great job.
It's not right for the Blackhawks, but it's right for someone. Excellent piece of work.

How many times must it be said?!? I think Sigma knows by now that its "not right for the Blackhawks" because its been posted 10 times already. eRay and SenatorJake already said that, and now I have so please do not say it again.

EDIT: by the way I've liked every single logo that you post on here, they are great. I agree with somebody that said the one side of the face has too much black.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Yeah, it's fantastic looking, and presented extremely well, but I don't like it for the Blackhawks. The secondary, though, is particularly beautiful.
I agree with the above comments.

Great jersey and logo, but not for the Blackhawks. This would look sweet as a Florida State hockey team!

-Dan

That's awesome. All your work so far has amazed me. I agree that the primary wouldn't really work for the blackhawks, but I think the secondary would.
First, this is gorgeous. Fantastic logos, colors, and jerseys. I do agree with people who say the primary isn't very Blackhawk-ish, but that's ok. I think it would be fantastic if you did a 2-d, side-facing style of your logo. It would me more like an update to the classic Blackhawks' logo. You could then use the front-facing logo on the black alternate.

But regardless, this is great work.

I love both logos, just not for the Blackhawks.
It's not right for the Blackhawks, but it's right for someone. Excellent piece of work.

How many times must it be said?!? I think Sigma knows by now that its "not right for the Blackhawks" because its been posted 10 times already. eRay and SenatorJake already said that, and now I have so please do not say it again.

EDIT: by the way I've liked every single logo that you post on here, they are great. I agree with somebody that said the one side of the face has too much black.

Cripes!

You don't want to eff with Sigma Kappa's lawyer :P

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Cripes!

You don't want to eff with Sigma Kappa's lawyer :P

-Dan

Do you mean "cripes" as in that it was a lot of people repeating the same thing over and over, or that I posted a lot of quotes.

Probably because I posted so many, but I was trying to get the point across. :D

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived