CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Sigma Kappa

Hey guys,

I'm here again with my new design ...(actually,it's few years old)...It's for Blackhawks this time...

First of all,I want to thank you for all the critics and comments of my last concept (LA Kings)-I appreciate that...It really helps me to progress...thank you lads!

....so,here is my new work...hope you'll like it...

(I added yellow,'cause in this case I somehow like this combination of colours...)

ChicagoBlackhawksPrimaryLogocopy.png

ChicagoBlackhawksSecondaryLogocopy.png

ChicagoBlackhawksJerseyscopy.png

...thanks for viewing gentlemen...

sks7copy-4.png

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, it's fantastic looking, and presented extremely well, but I don't like it for the Blackhawks. The secondary, though, is particularly beautiful.

I agree with the above comments.

Great jersey and logo, but not for the Blackhawks. This would look sweet as a Florida State hockey team!

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Wow! That is really nice. You have some serious skills my man. Of course the Balckhawks jerseys as they are should never change... blah-blah-blah... original 6... yaddi-yaddi-yadda... tradition... yakitty-schmakitty... don't mess with a classic and all that jazz. But another point I wanted to make which is not the usual drivel about an original 6 concept is that these jerseys are kind of like if the Washington Redskins played hockey. I mean I absolutely adore this concept but the similarities with such a blatantly racist team identity (apologies to Redskins fans) leaves me somewhat uneasy.

But, hey... just a thought. I really wouldn't change a thing about this concept.

thecatch.jpg

It's pretty awesome, but I'm not liking the shade of yellow/gold/mustard you used. The logo also doesn't stand out well against the red jersey and the first black jersey (it kinda melts into the hair and face). The 2nd alt is very nice, though.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

First, this is gorgeous. Fantastic logos, colors, and jerseys. I do agree with people who say the primary isn't very Blackhawk-ish, but that's ok. I think it would be fantastic if you did a 2-d, side-facing style of your logo. It would me more like an update to the classic Blackhawks' logo. You could then use the front-facing logo on the black alternate.

But regardless, this is great work.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Yeah, it's fantastic looking, and presented extremely well, but I don't like it for the Blackhawks. The secondary, though, is particularly beautiful.

I agree with the above comments.

Great jersey and logo, but not for the Blackhawks. This would look sweet as a Florida State hockey team!

-Dan

...I decided to make head logo of Native American as primary for Blackhawks,'cause,to my knowledge,this club was named after "Black Hawk" - Native American chief of the Sauk nation...but maybe I am wrong...

sks7copy-4.png

So it doesn't seem like a viable option for such an old franchise, so what? This is a concept, peeps.

I personally love the logos, but just like LEWJ said the Hawk in the secondary looks a little incomplete. It still looks great though. I think I would like the colors tweaked. The Red/Maroon is a bit too dark and the Gold feels off. It feels too...in-between shades. Like you could pick Gold or Mustard but you met it in the middle. I would say lighten it up a little to a Gold like the shade the Stars use currently. If it is already supposed to be that color then blame it on my monitor. Also, that second alternate is boss. I love it. Very classy.

So it doesn't seem like a viable option for such an old franchise, so what? This is a concept, peeps.

I personally love the logos, but just like LEWJ said the Hawk in the secondary looks a little incomplete. It still looks great though. I think I would like the colors tweaked. The Red/Maroon is a bit too dark and the Gold feels off. It feels too...in-between shades. Like you could pick Gold or Mustard but you met it in the middle. I would say lighten it up a little to a Gold like the shade the Stars use currently. If it is already supposed to be that color then blame it on my monitor. Also, that second alternate is boss. I love it. Very classy.

Yep, and charger and I gave credit where credit was due and praised the concept. So we're all on the same page.

You are an absolutely amazing designer and I just want to say between this and your Kings concept you've proven that you're amazing. But one thing that bothers me about the concept is why not just leave the Blackhawks current black, red, and white, and just add a shade of gold instead of making it maroon.

g4104.png

Flat Out BEAUTIFUL!

Like they said the primary would work for Florida State, I couldn't see the Blackhawks ever changing their logo, because of its history.

Kometsdoitagain.jpg

2008 and 2009 BACK 2 BACK Turner Cup Champions FORT WAYNE KOMETS

IM BAAACK!

I have a few things to say. First off, absolutely amazing work! Second, I do agree that this might look better with the red they use now. Thirdly, I agree, drop the number on the front.

Fourthly: I think I know why the secondary looks incomplete. My suggestion is to move the feathers up the circle a tad and add 'BLACKHAWKS' to the bottom of the circle. It just seems a bit off balance right now if you get what I'm saying.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

A great, great logo.

However, when going up the greatest logo in sport, it's hard to make an improvement over that.

I'd love it as a third logo/jersey. Very Sens-like

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived